Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Not just ISIS, but our own elites. Pot is just one of many methods used to keep people dumbed down and complacent. That's one of many methods used to control people.

IF that conjecture was within a few light-years of reality the powers that be would be tripping over each other in a mad dash to legalize it everywhere, not continuing the stupidity of classifying it in the same schedule as heroin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
What is the difference? I don't see much of one if there is. It's a bad habit and decision to abuse something that is addictive, and that is a drug.
Of course it's NOT addictive but let's not worry about mere facts in our Reefer Madness. Let's keep lying to kids and when they find out how much and how often they've been lied to they can just progress and try a little heroin. After all, we lie to them about marijuana and the government says it's no different than heroin, eh?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wow, better get the boots on, because I think I just stepped in the bull***! Gotta love those who still subscribe to the "Reefer Madness" hyperbole.

Starting with the buffoons in Washington who continue to list it as a Schedule 1 narcotic, right alongside heroin.

IF the GOP actually believed in and practiced the 'less government' mantra they preach, they'd be leading the fight to change that.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I disagree, I know dozens of people who could not go a day without smoking pot. They can't handle reality. I have also known and heard of people going to rehab because of marijuana.
It just goes to show you how trying to prohibit drugs, like marijuana, has been a vast failure. Yet, plenty of people want to defend keeping this failed war on drugs.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ben Stein is an idiot. Why would anyone care what he thinks?
He's on Fox News every Saturday. I bet a lot of people who watch Fox News loves him and cares what he thinks.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
booze is harmless
So drinking so much that you can see straight should not be considered a harm to your vision?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So drinking so much that you can see straight should not be considered a harm to your vision?
I meant can't see straight ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies