Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times

Advertisements

I have never heard of such from Democrats.!

I suspect a lot of Dems will not show up on election day to embarrassed and angry to vote for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 06:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This only works for Clinton IF Trump doesn't get the nomination and even that isn't a sure thing. I suspect a lot of Dems will not show up on election day to embarrassed and angry to vote for Hillary. Well, there will be those voting for Trump, both Dems and GOP who are fed up and don't want more of the same which nearly every other candidate is offering.
Please. If the GOP nominated Trump, then they have literally handed Hillary the election. Remember- more than half the country voted for Obama TWICE. And demographics have only gone further in that direction since the last election (the country is steadily becoming more racially diverse, and the electorate is becoming younger).

41% of Americans identify as Republicans. Only 31% of THOSE support Trump. That means that Trump has a nice, solid support base of about 13%.

Contrast that with Hillary. About 46% of Americans identify as Democrats. Of those, 41% support Hillary. That means Hillary has a nice, solid support base of about 19%

Math is fun.

Still think we're gonna have President Trump?

Old 12-06-2015, 06:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Please. If the GOP nominated Trump, then they have literally handed Hillary the election. Remember- more than half the country voted for Obama TWICE. And demographics have only gone further in that direction since the last election (the country is steadily becoming more racially diverse, and the electorate is becoming younger).

41% of Americans identify as Republicans. Only 31% of THOSE support Trump. That means that Trump has a nice, solid support base of about 13%.

Contrast that with Hillary. About 46% of Americans identify as Democrats. Of those, 41% support Hillary. That means Hillary has a nice, solid support base of about 19%

Math is fun.

Still think we're gonna have President Trump?
If your numbers are correct then Trump is doing better than Hillary. You have to take into account that Hillary only has Bernie as competition. Trump has Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Jeb, Christie, Fiorina, Paul, and a few others. Once republican candidates start to drop out Trumps numbers are likely to rise even further. In other words he will get more of the pie.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:45 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
If your numbers are correct then Trump is doing better than Hillary. You have to take into account that Hillary only has Bernie as competition. Trump has Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Jeb, Christie, Fiorina, Paul, and a few others. Once republican candidates start to drop out Trumps numbers are likely to rise even further. In other words he will get more of the pie.
Well... um... except for the fact that significantly more Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans. But don't facts get in the way of your little fantasy.

Any of ya'll Repubs wanna put your money where your mouth is? Let's start out low at $1000 and see where it goes from there. I'll happily bet that amount that our next president will be a Democrat.

Any takers??

Old 12-06-2015, 06:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It crossed my mind very early in this mess that Bill might have encouraged Trump to run on the opposition.
He did, or at least gave subtle encouragements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5e2_story.html

The tone of the call was informal, and Clinton never urged Trump to run, the four people said. Rather, they said, Clinton sounded curious about Trump’s moves toward a presidential bid and told Trump that he was striking a chord with frustrated conservatives and was a rising force on the right.

One person with knowledge of Clinton’s end of the call said the former president was upbeat and encouraging during the conversation, which occurred as Trump was speaking out about GOP politics and his prescriptions for the nation.

In any case, as the race as gone on and Trump has had success, I think he's convinced himself he can win, and is in it win the election.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:50 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I

But he's NOT serious. He's made some pretty liberal comments in the past and supported liberal causes. So frankly even if I DID think he had any real chance of winning (I don't), I wouldn't be too concerned.

From my perspective, Trump is the perfect GOP candidate. He's entertaining as hell... which is my main priority. He's putting a national spotlight on fascist tendencies within the Republican Party (really within most of America as far as I'm concerned). MOST Americans are so disgusted by him, and IMO he's already practically guaranteed that a Democrat will win (lesser of two evils from my perspective).

And let's say that somehow some way Trump magically wins AND actually believes his own rhetoric (both of which I think are unlikely)... I think he's a significant improvement over the current GOP mainstream. This is a guy who believes in universal healthcare and wants to increase taxes on the rich! Even Hillary won't state this outright.
I don't think he has that consistent ideological beliefs in the usual Democrat/Republican specturm, just a particular attitude.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,334 times
Time to bring this thread back to life, looks like it was spot on. We all know Trump is a liberal, he was just a registered Democrat a few years back giving money to liberals and singing the praises of Hillary and Obama. Poll after poll shows Trump losing badly to Hillary while Cruz and Rubio beat her consistently. Makes zero sense. Hillary is praying she gets to face Trump in a general. Their plan is working perfectly thanks to the stupidity of the GOP voter backing Trump.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:26 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
lol if trump is a plant, he is now working to just get bernie supporters arrested

what a sly move

Old 05-08-2016, 09:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Default Is Trump a Plant?

Could it be possible, that Hillary Clinton is so un-electable, that the "powers that be" needed to find a more hated figure in order to secure Hillary's victory?

Old 05-08-2016, 10:16 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Could it be possible, that Hillary Clinton is so un-electable, that the "powers that be" needed to find a more hated figure in order to secure Hillary's victory?
Yup. VERY possible. Why else would Trump say he doesn't need to unite the GOP? The whole point was for him to tear apart the GOP and give Hillary the easiest path to the White House. Mission will be accomplished on Nov 8th. Lets not forget the hundreds of thousands of Democrats who helped him...

OVER 100,000 DEMOCRAT VOTERS SWITCH PARTIES IN PENNSYLVANIA -- To Vote Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies