Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:33 AM

1,261 posts, read 949,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Source please? From what I have read, the Arab middle eastern countries have taken in very few of them and outright refused in some cases to take any of them at all.
No, it is the Gulf countries, a very specific set of Middle Eastern countries, that have not stepped up to the plate. They say they are giving monetary support to the Arab countries that have taken in refugees instead. Not sufficient, if you ask me, but that doesn't change the fact that the Muslim countries that are helping are shouldering the vast majority of the burden.

The stats I shared are the official numbers you'll find here:
UNHCR - UNHCR: Total number of Syrian refugees exceeds four million for first time

https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/middle-east/syria

Now, those numbers reflect the official number of registered refugees. It is known that there is a large number of unregistered refugees. Some estimate that the number of refugees in Jordan is actually twice the official number:
Jordan

I would suspect that the actual number in Jordan is somewhere between the low (registered) number of 600000+ and the high estimate of 1.2 million.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,926,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
No. By running around like chickens with your heads cut off.

It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned and vigilant regarding the refugees. No doubt about it, at all. However, we all need to keep a level head, and understand what the vast majority of these people have lived through, and are fleeing.

But if this, and the P&OC forum are any indication, you folks have lost the war.
So with this thinking when ISIS is done in this country and starts with lets say, Africa are we going to take all their refugees? Are we into rebuilding and taking all their unwanted people now?

By the way I am not scared, they would most likely be real scared to come into my part of the US......guns are not something people are afraid of around here and political correctness is unheard of.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:56 AM

24,446 posts, read 17,191,355 times
I'm not surprised that a percentage of muslims support isis. They are following the dictate of the koran.
Just like how I'm not surprised that normal intelligent people support Hillary.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:44 AM

816 posts, read 992,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm not surprised that a percentage of muslims support isis. They are following the dictate of the koran.
Hmm. I wonder what percentage of the tens of thousands of Muslims that were killed at the hands of ISIS...supported ISIS?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:51 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Hmm. I wonder what percentage of the tens of thousands of Muslims that were killed at the hands of ISIS...supported ISIS?
Muslims kill Muslims for not following the right Islam.

Muslims in their quest to create the utopian Sharia state have to wipe out the ones that are not as eager. Muhammad himself did it, ISIS is only emulating their prophet.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
There's no such thing as a "moderate" Muslim.

There are Muslims and extremists.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,078,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I don't give a **** what your video says, which was probably made by a disgusting bigot to advance their own agenda.

There is a digital campaign with Muslims "Not in my name".

There are countless videos on youtube with Muslims explaining the fallacies of Islamism and promoting secularism and peace.

The head of the Azhar, Islam's oldest and most respected institution, has spoken out against violence over and over. He put out a video after the Paris massacre that you can easily view if you cared to, but let's face it, you don't care to and it won't make a difference if you watched it.
So where is their more peaceful version of the Koran? We have the New Testament. We've had it longer than they have had the Koran. While there are still some religions following the Old Testament, that is still a lot less violent than the Koran. Time to get with the times, if you ask me.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:38 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,955,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Yeah.

Judeo-Christo-Fascism is just reaching some new levels of stupidity.
But yet you couldnt figure out that the thread title was an OBVIOUS typo?

Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM

679 posts, read 811,393 times
This is a conflict that has been going on for 1400 or so years. Just the names of the players change.

The western world had better wake up or face the same thing they did centuries ago-a conquest by invading muslims. Isis has said they will use the "Syrian refugee" crisis to sneak their fighters into the west. Furthermore, what happens to the west in a few generations after they come here and breed out many new radical muzzies?

Unfortunately, there are traitors in the midst who welcome the invaders and want to destroy what western civilization has created. There are always those who would betray their own for personal power. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to see who the players are in this.

If the "moderate muslims" are out there, they need to show the rest of the world that they reject the radicals. A good start would be to out them and refuse to let them into their houses of worship. Instead, we get some bland platitudes from CAIR or whoever and nothing gets done.

In the meantime, I will remain vigilant and watch for the danger coming. Thankfully, my state is one where one can arm themselves legally.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM

30,950 posts, read 22,026,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
The vast majority of Syrian refugees - over 4 million of them - have been taken in by Muslim countries. About half of that number are in Arab-majority Muslim countries. I do agree that Saudi Arabia could be helping far more, but they do not constitute the entire Arab Muslim world
The Muslim world should take in more Muslims. Sunnis should take in Shias, Kharijites, and mix in some Sufites And Iran should take in some Sunnis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.