Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 11:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Both would have been brought down by their philandering in today's media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right, because conservatives are the ones that claim racial discrimination, and yell racist at everyone that even approaches a conversation about race, and yells racism every time someone disagrees with someone of another color. oh wait, those are all LIBERAL moves.
You must not read this forum much.

Most times when any conservatives talks about anything Obama does they THEY are the ones throwing out the "you are a racist".

Old 11-30-2015, 12:30 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Both would have been brought down by their philandering in today's media.
Clinton wasn't so they would fit right in

Old 11-30-2015, 12:38 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Sums it up amigos.
Attached Thumbnails
Too many conservatives have twisted MLK's dream deliberately.-newracism.jpg  

Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
It's actually liberals that have screwed up MLK dream of equality. They have made racist preference policies based on what race a person is....opposite of what MLK preached.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
SMH, conservatives and those that use words like *******. Reality check for you; MLK's dream was to handle race and race relations as mature adults. Color blind, does NOT mean, to zip it when it comes to talking about it at all (talking about race doesn't automatically equal racism, fools) and call anyone who has a legitimate beef and tries to fight it in some way a "race baiter".
Projectionist at work.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:26 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's actually liberals that have screwed up MLK dream of equality. They have made racist preference policies based on what race a person is....opposite of what MLK preached.
This is true. MLK and JFK would not fit in today's Dem Party. Here is a slogan for today's Dems; "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but will have the government treat everyone differently based on the color of their skin."

Old 11-30-2015, 02:26 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Sums it up amigos.
Do you really think MLK (or Malcolm X, for that matter) would be proud of black folks if they were here today? I mean seriously?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
SMH, conservatives and those that use words like *******. Reality check for you; MLK's dream was to handle race and race relations as mature adults. Color blind, does NOT mean, to zip it when it comes to talking about it at all (talking about race doesn't automatically equal racism, fools) and call anyone who has a legitimate beef and tries to fight it in some way a "race baiter".
That's fine. But when hood rats lose sight of MLK's words, I will call them hood rats.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:41 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
MLK would be a conservative in today's world. Today's Dems would kick him out of the party.
When was the last time you heard a conservative say anything close to what King said in his "Where do we go from here" speech.

“Where Do We Go From Here?,” Delivered at the 11th Annual SCLC Convention

Now we must develop progress, or rather, a program—and I can't stay on this long—that will drive the nation to a guaranteed annual income. Now, early in the century this proposal would have been greeted with ridicule and denunciation as destructive of initiative and responsibility. At that time economic status was considered the measure of the individual's abilities and talents. And in the thinking of that day, the absence of worldly goods indicated a want of industrious habits and moral fiber. We've come a long way in our understanding of human motivation and of the blind operation of our economic system. Now we realize that dislocations in the market operation of our economy and the prevalence of discrimination thrust people into idleness and bind them in constant or frequent unemployment against their will. The poor are less often dismissed, I hope, from our conscience today by being branded as inferior and incompetent. We also know that no matter how dynamically the economy develops and expands, it does not eliminate all poverty.
I want to say to you as I move to my conclusion, as we talk about "Where do we go from here?" that we must honestly face the fact that the movement must address itself to the question of restructuring the whole of American society. (Yes) There are forty million poor people here, and one day we must ask the question, "Why are there forty million poor people in America?" And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising a question about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. (Yes) And I'm simply saying that more and more, we've got to begin to ask questions about the whole society. We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. (Yes) But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. (All right) It means that questions must be raised. And you see, my friends, when you deal with this you begin to ask the question, "Who owns the oil?" (Yes) You begin to ask the question, "Who owns the iron ore?" (Yes) You begin to ask the question, "Why is it that people have to pay water bills in a world that's two-thirds water?" (All right) These are words that must be said. (All right)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies