Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM

57,067 posts, read 26,024,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Is this an example of karma or what goes around comes around? They attack and kill us, it's not terribly surprising that the same may happen to them, especially when dressed in muslim attire. Not saying it's right, of course, but it would not happen if muslims were truly the peaceful people that some would claim.
This woman did not one thing to provoke, generalizing to the entire population is ignorant at best.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:37 PM

57,067 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They can slap but they will die since I will be in great fear if my life.
Can someone translate?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:38 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,308,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Can someone translate?
English isn't his first language, I believe he's an immigrant from another country.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:39 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,212,853 times
In spite of this, Muslims are still safer in the U.S. than Muslim dominant countries, right?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:46 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
In spite of this, Muslims are still safer in the U.S. than Muslim dominant countries, right?
LOL
Its the same case for Pakistan - India.

Pakistan was created for the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent who did not want to live in a majority Infidel nation of India.
Yet, aside from wars between the two nations, more Muslims have been killed in Pakistan than in India, since the two were created. Shias need special protection for their Muharram procession in Pakistan, and Ahmedi Muslims are by law considered Non-Muslim in Pakistan, yet no such issues for Muslims in India.

Muslims kill each other - a lot.

Islam is inherently a violent religion.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:49 PM

30,741 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
"Meanwhile, one restaurant manager followed Burchard-Risch out the door and helped police track her to a nearby Cub Foods parking lot, where she was arrested. She’s been charged with third-degree assault, a felony."

Good thing we have a civilized justice system in the U.S. and minority religions are protected under law. Wonder what it's like for Christians in Muslim majority countries?
Or even other Muslims that don't practice as you do.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:50 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,438,368 times
Quote:
Hogwash don't you follow the news? Hundreds of thousands of Americans are fleeing this racist hellhole as we speak, I believe their headed to Syria.

Remember that kid who invented time? Do remember the absolute hell he had to go through? MIT scholarship offers, meeting the President internship offers st Google. I shudder to think of the lifetime of scars and PTSD he will suffer from the hands of oppressors like me and you.

She's from Kenya, hopefully she can make it back to paradise where drunk rednecks can't torture her and she can be free to pursue her authetic self.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:58 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

How about if someone slapped the taste outta your mouth because they don't like your fashion choices? Would you like it?

Unbelievable.
I know, right?!?!

Imagine if we had to right to slap a morbidly obese female at the beach for wearing a bikini?

Or some of the people who dress in spandex at Walmart?

Or even someone for wearing those awful Christmas sweaters with snowmen and reindeers?

Yes there are a lot of fashion crimes out there, but fortunately no one gets punched, kicked or slammed for making those choices.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:59 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I know, right?!?!

Imagine if we had to right to slap a morbidly obese female at the beach for wearing a bikini?

Or some of the people who dress in spandex at Walmart?

Or even someone for wearing those awful Christmas sweaters with snowmen and reindeers?

Yes there are a lot of fashion crimes out there, but fortunately no one gets punched, kicked or slammed for making those choices.
because that is as American as it gets.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:27 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Just because you have a right to, doesnt mean you should.

As an immigrant, I have traditional garb too sitting in my closet, which I can wear, and every head would turn around and look at me. I would get lots of attention, both good and bad.

I prefer to integrate into the US society rather than wear the traditional garb and be an eyesore for my host country that has already given me enough.

The Islamic hijab is a symbol of oppression for millions of women across the world, who are 'forced' to wear it. It is no different than a Nazi Uniform or the Confederate flag. Pride for some, oppression for others.
Home - MSF
Okay, I hear you and I think I understand your point of view.

I live in West Philly and we have a lot of immigrants who sometimes wear their traditional garb on the street and I must say it looks charming and even festive. African women wearing colorful patterned dresses and matching turbans. Indian women wearing gorgeous sarees. Cuban guys wearing Guayabera shirts. I like living in a international tolerant city.

Now, I am not Muslim ... but I believe many if not most observant Muslim women are required to wear a headscarf as a sign of modesty. Just like they are required to eat food permitted by Halal standards. If people in America have "religious liberty" should they be forced to go against their religious beliefs because you don't like it?

More precisely: should an Orthodox Jew give up wearing a yarmulke - even though that is a requirement of his religious beliefs? It's the same thing!

I have neighbors who are Mennonites and Amish. The Amish women wear long dresses in subdued colors with sleeves and little lace caps on their head. Are you against the Amish? It's the same thing!

What are you saying? People don't have the right to dress according to their religious beliefs?

It strikes me as an argument for conformity.

If the headscarf is a symbol of oppression to Muslim women, what about the whole get up Catholic nuns wear - the habit, wimple, etc.? Or traditional Hindu women who wear the saree? Or how about Mormons who traditionally wear strange and restrictive underwear? Or Sikh men who wear a turban and a steel bracelet?

Religious customs may be archaic or even silly, but I cannot and will not judge my neighbors in their choice to practice their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.