Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:41 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times

Advertisements

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-licenses.html

"A group of illegal immigrants is suing the state of Oregon to overturn a voter-approved initiative that denied them driver’s licenses.

"The lawsuit, brought by five illegal immigrants, comes after Oregonians passed Measure 88 last year with a strong two-thirds majority. Thirty-five of Oregon’s 36 counties voted against licenses for undocumented residents, as did every congressional district in the state, most of which are represented by Democrats."

If there is one hot button issue that the progressive left cares more about than any other, it is the direct link they perceive between illegal immigration and their own jobs. It throws New York Times readers into apoplexy when the paper is soft on it. It causes panic in the bearded, hammered-silver adorned, sandal-shod households of Volvo-driving Oregonians.

Last edited by mm4; 11-30-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 11-30-2015, 10:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Illegal immigrants sue Oregon over ballot measure denying licenses | Fox News

If there is one hot button issue that the progressive left cares more about than any other, it is the direct link they perceive between illegal immigration and their own jobs. It throws New York Times readers into apoplexy when the paper is soft on it. It causes panic in the bearded, hammered-silver adorned, sandal-shod households of Volvo-driving Oregonians.
Very few of us wear sandals, or drive volvos. Priuses are more common

So whats your argument here...that progressive leftists are for or against illegal immigration? I mean lets look at it, Oregon has a ballot measure against them. Does your state do it?

Old 11-30-2015, 10:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
So let me get this straight, are you siding with us Oregonians or making a weak stereotype about people you have no idea about?

We voted against this because it didn't make sense for illegals to be able to get a legal driver's license. Also, people can sue for any reason, these 5 people will soon know what it is like to lose a lawsuit.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Very few of us wear sandals, or drive volvos. Priuses are more common

So whats your argument here...that progressive leftists are for or against illegal immigration? I mean lets look at it, Oregon has a ballot measure against them. Does your state do it?
I drive a Nissan, though I wouldn't mind a Volvo, it tend to like them.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So let me get this straight, are you siding with us Oregonians or making a weak stereotype about people you have no idea about?

We voted against this because it didn't make sense for illegals to be able to get a legal driver's license. Also, people can sue for any reason, these 5 people will soon know what it is like to lose a lawsuit.
Because you're scared out of your wits about jobs and illegals--the same as what happens to faithful NYT commentators every single time the paper endorses the relaxation of immigration law.

It is the prime subject that moves the left.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Because you're scared out of your wits about jobs and illegals--the same as what happens to faithful NYT commentators every single time the paper endorses the relaxation of immigration law.

It is the prime subject that moves the left.
Um, not really, but I think you are scared out of your wits that you agree with Democrats in Oregon when you think illegals shouldn't be able to get a driver's license.

I am actually all for stronger enforcement against illegals and think we should be going after those that hire illegals.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Um, not really, but I think you are scared out of your wits that you agree with Democrats in Oregon when you think illegals shouldn't be able to get a driver's license.
The difference between my commentary and yours is yours is nonsensical. And you're accused of hypocrisy.

When their own livelihoods are at stake, leftists squeal like piglets.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:58 PM

138 posts, read 93,806 times
Quote:
I am actually all for stronger enforcement against illegals and think we should be going after those that hire illegals.
Trump supporter?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
The difference between my commentary and yours is yours is nonsensical. And you're accused of hypocrisy.

When their own livelihoods are at stake, leftists squeal like piglets.
False, you just don't know how to handle the fact that you agree with Oregon liberals. Which is clear by your posts trying to attack us for something I know you would fully support.

Speaking of nonsensical, your last sentence makes no sense.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
Trump supporter?
Nope, I am planning on voting for Bernie Sanders. Are you confused when liberals also support bills that are against illegal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies