U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 05:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 3,005,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Proof?
Excuse me??? You are becoming very close to appearing sympathetic to our enemies.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:46 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 2 days ago)

9,771 posts, read 21,082,654 times
A lot of the problem is people feel that the govt will not protect them against the rapidly increasing number of Islamic terror attacks. When I was a child Americans being murdered on American soil by an outside terror group was unthinkable. Now it's so common that it is considered normal. I'm about to the point of buying a few guns and lots of ammo myself because our govt is more worried about not hurting some people's (Muslims) feelings rather than protecting Americans. And I'm a Center Left person who mostly votes Democrat.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:52 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,680,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
A lot of the problem is people feel that the govt will not protect them against the rapidly increasing number of Islamic terror attacks. When I was a child Americans being murdered on American soil by an outside terror group was unthinkable. Now it's so common that it is considered normal. I'm about to the point of buying a few guns and lots of ammo myself because our govt is more worried about not hurting some people's (Muslims) feelings rather than protecting Americans. And I'm a Center Left person who mostly votes Democrat.
I agree, I'm now carrying all the time and will be placing a very large ammo order today!

Old 12-03-2015, 06:00 AM

9,753 posts, read 5,431,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everyone needs a handgun, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, and a full auto snubby.
Each with a different purpose. So, I'm sure few were missing one of those to their collection they had to get.
Not sure about the full auto snubby but the plan is to have a ready locker by each door of my ranch house with a 9mm pistol, an Uzi carbine, and a shotgun.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:03 AM

34,935 posts, read 31,969,818 times
Quote:
Not necessarily, if anything it means those who own guns are buying more guns.
You've never been to an indoor range or shop. If you had you'd see the number of new, first time shooters filling out forms.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:41 AM

62,647 posts, read 34,157,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I bought a new one yesterday, SIG 516G2. Had to wait for a better sale.. And 500 rounds of green tip 556 M885.... Yummy
Nice. My next will a 7.62 version of the AR with a longer barrel, maybe LAR-8. SIG makes them too, but they are around $2K.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:37 AM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
And yet he hasn't taken away a single gun, goes to show people are gullible and will believe anything you tell them. "The government is gonna take away your guns!!"

You will never be free from evil.
You can only protect yourself the best you can from it.
It is you that is defenseless and it scares the hell out of you, in light of the events taking place in the world today. You are in a war, that you did not know you were in.

How long has violence and killing, effected the human race? You think removing a gun from my hand is going to change that?
You're not thinking rationally. Your dreams are not reality.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:46 AM

4,625 posts, read 2,762,823 times
^BentBow, sounds like you have accepted this as the normal.

Why doesn't Great Britian have the mass killing, gun problems? What's the big difference? It isn't the percentage of the mental Ill. That is part of the problem but that isn't the answer to the question.

It's not about taking away the 2nd amendment. It's about protecting the public. The NRA and the sheep in their herd will fight to know end to prevent a decrease in gun sales. It's all about money.

Paul Ryan says we should enforce the laws we already have. What laws are those?

These people were terrorists and were able to aquire assault rifles. It needs to be more difficult.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 AM

3,921 posts, read 2,502,745 times
Calif. already has the strictest gun control laws in the nation.
Everyone knows when Democrats say "sensible" gun control laws what they mean is total and complete confiscation.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:22 AM

4,279 posts, read 4,065,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
^BentBow, sounds like you have accepted this as the normal.

Why doesn't Great Britian have the mass killing, gun problems? What's the big difference? It isn't the percentage of the mental Ill. That is part of the problem but that isn't the answer to the question.

It's not about taking away the 2nd amendment. It's about protecting the public. The NRA and the sheep in their herd will fight to know end to prevent a decrease in gun sales. It's all about money.

Paul Ryan says we should enforce the laws we already have. What laws are those?

These people were terrorists and were able to aquire assault rifles. It needs to be more difficult.
It's easier to just bomb in Britain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July...ondon_bombings But now that the EU has made travel easier, I'm sure full auto AK's will start showing up like they did in Paris who by the way has similar gun laws as Britain.

Money? The NRA is a not for profit.

Straw purchases should be first. Providing a false statement on form 4473 should be second. Rarely does anyone get charged, much less convicted of a straw purchase. No one that has been denied a gun but provided false information on the 4473 has ever been charged.

They were law abiding citizens (at least the husband was) and not on any government list before this started. What law do you propose that would stop this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies