Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

So... we have a doofus who goes to Saudi Arabia and gets married over there. I'd say its a sham marriage or one that he had arranged for him. She apparently had signed up to be a jihadist and gave him a child as part of the deal. They're keeping very quiet about her but she seems to have been the facilitator of this terrorist act and could lead back to some high level ISIS or Al Qaeda operatives.
There's no craziness here like with some mass shootings, like the last two in Colorado. Its evil above all else. Running into a crowd of people you don't know and opening fire or blowing yourself up is a lot different from doing it to people you know and where you work. That's hate and I guess a sense of vengeance.
Now we're being told to rat out anybody who looks or acts suspicious. I guess PC has taken a black eye or this, but they're also going to get something they don't want. People are going to be buying and carrying guns even more now. You have to wonder if the anti cop movement has also been dealt a serious blow. Its going to be interesting. The BLM have just about worn out their welcome and now the police have a legit reason to say they need to be given a freer hand to do their jobs. Armed citizens. Urban unrest. Militant police. Terrorists and invaders. A draconian government. This is making for a nice powder keg.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That 355 number is a complete lie unless you are counting gang shootings. The funny part is you on the Left don't EVER acknowledge gang shootings unless you can use it to conflate the numbers for your agenda.
Why the anger? I told you how they are counted: 4, or more people shot in one incident. Didn't say a word about including or excluding any particular scenario. Gangs shooting up other gangs, are mass-shootings where both sides are typically armed. It is what it is, you don't have to add your leftist dbone spin on it.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
If someone starts "spraying bullets" yes, people will die. But, the most effective defense against violence is a swift and violent response. Why do you wish to keep people from having a chance to defend themselves? As for gun free zones, yes, mass shootings do typically occur in areas where guns are prohibited or discouraged. Do some research and learn about the issue before you start spraying words.
Where did I say I want to keep people from having a chance to defend themselves? I don't recall ever saying such thing.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:18 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
This is the same reason that LE aren't allowed to stop any Mexicans for anything because it would be considered to be racial profiling in regards to illegal immigration. Yes, PC will be the downfall of our nation.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:24 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post

I'd rather have 1,000 illegal Mexicans for every Muslim immigrant.
That is what American Leftists want you to do - embrace or compromise on what appears to be the lesser of two evils. You can reject both.

One of their tactics is to threaten with something more extreme because they believe that by doing so, they will get what they want.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok but Russia did warn the CIA about the older brother.
And the CIA let it go.
Talk to the people in change in 2002. Maybe they were not able to predict the guy was going to do something 15 years down the road.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
But I thought Barack told us that the refugees he's importing in mass are all harmless women and children. And he mocked conservatives for casting aspersions on the process. And then a week later, Tashfeen Malik, a female Muslim immigrant, commits one of the worst terror attack on US soil in years. This was also after he recently told us that ISIS is "contained". I've never seen a human being get proven wrong, so frequently, and so QUICKLY as Barack notsane Obama.
The question is, when is he going to apologize to conservatives and admit that we were right and he was wrong (again)? Why does he have such a difficult time apologizing?
Importing refugees? Are you comparing the vetting for refugees to that of a K-1 Spouse/fiance? Tashfeen Malik was NOT a refugee.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But, but, but............................................... .....

"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people" _____ Donald Trump
I'd love to see a Democrat make an offer to Donald. We'll keep out the Muslims if you leave current Latino immigration policy unchanged. Donald likes to think of himself of a deal maker. Let's see if he can reach over to the other aisle which I think an effective national leader has to do to get things done. I hope he'd agree with it if the Democrats would be willing to lessen the financial welfare afforded lllegal Mexicans.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:30 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
That is what American Leftists want you to do - embrace or compromise on what appears to be the lesser of two evils. You can reject both.

One of their tactics is to threaten with something more extreme because they believe that by doing so, they will get what they want.
I think compromise is often times necessary. I view Islam as a national security threat while I don't put illegal Mexicans in that category. I would be willing to do some horse trading with the Democrats if I knew I could stop Muslim immigration.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:31 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That 355 number is a complete lie unless you are counting gang shootings. The funny part is you on the Left don't EVER acknowledge gang shootings unless you can use it to conflate the numbers for your agenda.
It does. That figure considers a 'mass shooting' as any gun violence event in which 4 people including the shooter are injured. It includes gang shootings, robberies, drug deals and other events that most people don't consider a 'mass shooting' the way its interpreted by the media.

Remove the gang, crime and drug shootings and the number of 'mass shootings' plummets. Its much like how some gun grabbers use the 30k gun deaths per year statistic, when 2/3 of that total are suicides. I live in a city of over a quarter million people, with relaxed gun laws, and we just had the first murder of the year a few days ago. And it was drug related.

Manipulating these statistics is simply left-wing fear mongering about how 'common' mass shootings are, when these San Bernadino, Newtown and Aurora incidents are actually pretty uncommon. When they do occur, they happen in gun-free zones, where nobody with a legal CCL can put up a defense. The average mass shooting thwarted by cops has about 14 victims, while the average thwarted by a citizen is just over 2.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, but the left is exploiting these tragedies to make it harder for the good guys to own and use guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies