U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,005 posts, read 19,495,190 times
Reputation: 7720

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So we have thousands of known terrorists running loose and nobody has locked them up?!
Nope! In fact, suspected terrorist here can freely purchase guns like kids in a candy store!

 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:13 AM
 
66,240 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Reputation: 8607
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
These Chicago criminals can simply drive to a neighboring red state and purchase AKs by the truckload, no questions asked. Who knew?
Bringing them into Chicago is illegal. Notice how laws do little to nothing to stop the criminals, who, by nature, are already breaking one or more laws. Gun control laws won't work. Simple fact. It's laughably absurd that lefties think terrorists and criminals are going to think... "Oh no, my guns are illegal. Guess I won't use them while committing crimes."

Really? The stupid... it burns! /SMH

BTW, ban guns in the U.S. and they'll just flood in from Mexico, etc., across our porous borders just like millions of illegal aliens already have.
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,005 posts, read 19,495,190 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good because those lists are not vetted properly.

Anyone can be "identified" as a terrorist.

Just look at your history and what happened when people in charge had "lists" and what happened to those people.

Don't let FEAR drive oppression in this country.
What would be wrong will doing an intensive background check on any suspected terrorist before they can purchase a firearm? Either they are cleared or we positively identify them as an ISIS sympathizer. The sudden purchase of mass quantities of guns and ammo, by a person on a suspected terrorist list, should be a red flag for anyone with an ounce of logic!
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times
Reputation: 3404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nope! In fact, suspected terrorist here can freely purchase guns like kids in a candy store!
A terrorist by whose definition? I may decide you are a terrorist because your politics don't agree with mine. So should you have your rights curtailed?
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,005 posts, read 19,495,190 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bringing them into Chicago is illegal. Notice how laws do little to nothing to stop the criminals, who, by nature, are already breaking one or more laws. Gun control laws wont work. Its laughably absurd that lefties think terrorists and crimi als are going to think... "Oh no, my guns are illegal. Guess I wont use them while committing crimes."

Really? The stupid... it burns! /SMH

BTW, ban guns in the U.S. and they'll just flood in from Mexico, etc., across our porous borders just like millions of illegal aliens already have.
Would be like making Heroin legal to sell in Missouri but illegal in Illinois and wondering why drug addicts are bringing Heroin to their homes in Illinois. Of course it wouldn't work!

FYI, Mexican thugs actually get their guns from the US through straw purchases.
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times
Reputation: 3404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
These Chicago criminals can simply drive to a neighboring red state and purchase AKs by the truckload, no questions asked. Who knew?
If I wrote a book about what you don't know about guns purchases and gun laws currently on the books, it would be as lengthy as "War and Peace".
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,005 posts, read 19,495,190 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
A terrorist by whose definition? I may decide you are a terrorist because your politics don't agree with mine. So should you have your rights curtailed?
I would freely submit to an extensive background check. I would think only those who have something to hide, would not.
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,005 posts, read 19,495,190 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If I wrote a book about what you don't know about guns purchases and gun laws currently on the books, it would be as lengthy as "War and Peace".
Would someone be able to purchase a gun from another state, straw purchase or gun-show loophole, and take it to another state? In not, why not? Heck, Mexican thugs can get guns across a country border!
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:20 AM
 
4,998 posts, read 1,989,352 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would be wrong will doing an intensive background check on any suspected terrorist before they can purchase a firearm? Either they are cleared or we positively identify them as an ISIS sympathizer. The sudden purchase of mass quantities of guns and ammo, by a person on a suspected terrorist list, should be a red flag for anyone with an ounce of logic!

What would be wrong with using the evidence that landed them on a watch list to arrest them for terrorism?
 
Old 12-06-2015, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nope! In fact, suspected terrorist here can freely purchase guns like kids in a candy store!
That's right..SUSPECTED and none of us knows the vetting process.

That list, based on suspicion only, is not what America is about.

Don't let FEAR lead America down the wrong road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top