Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 08:42 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,964,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Between 1/2013-9/2015, 5700 illegal gun cases were prosecuted in Chicago and were won about 70% of the time. Most were confiscated in gang infested neighborhoods where guns are often sold out of car trunks.

I am curious if there are any statistics on how many of those weapons were replaced? I would also expect some to use that opportunity to upgrade their older and less efficient weapons. What about the statistics on how many were given prison time in that 5700 illegal gun collection? Of course; it all fell on the taxpayers shoulders - safe or pay.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:47 AM

88,544 posts, read 44,242,189 times
Quote:
Between 1/2013-9/2015, 5700 illegal gun cases were prosecuted in Chicago and were won about 70% of the time. Most were confiscated in gang infested neighborhoods where guns are often sold out of car trunks.
Yep. Gun control/ban laws are a joke to thugs/criminals/terrorists.

Murders keep adding up for deadliest September in Chicago since 2002 | WGN-TV

Old 12-09-2015, 08:49 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,571,495 times
Just on the news. The shooters were spotted at a gun range several months before the attack? Whoever saw these people especially the woman with the head dress covering her head. Why wouldn't they have said something before now? These people should be arrested ASAP. They were responsible for these murders along with the person selling the weapons to them.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:03 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,964,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Just on the news. The shooters were spotted at a gun range several months before the attack? Whoever saw these people especially the woman with the head dress covering her head. Why wouldn't they have said something before now? These people should be arrested ASAP. They were responsible for these murders along with the person selling the weapons to them.

So far I do not believe that we have any laws that say Muslims cannot own guns or practice at any range. I also believe that any such law would be quickly challenged in court. Heck we also do not have laws that say we cannot train them as airplane pilots! http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/air...7Kz&ocid=HPDHP

We cannot, at least for now, discriminate because of religion. Remember our Constitution and religious freedom.

Radicals and extremist are a different story - but what defines radicals and extremist? I would hope our definitions do not discriminate if we 'refine' them. There is plenty of grey area.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,612,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Gun control/ban laws are a joke to thugs/criminals/terrorists.

Murders keep adding up for deadliest September in Chicago since 2002 | WGN-TV
The mental disconnect required to justify criminalizing gun ownership is astounding. "Well I was gonna go murder some people, but they made the gun I wanted to use illegal, so I guess I'll go bowling instead." No amount of legislation will stop these people who intend to use guns for criminal intent, but it will tie the hands of people who want to own them legally.

Criminals, who plan to do criminal things with guns, will not be deterred one bit by a gun ban. If anything, it will embolden criminals who know their victims will be far less likely to have guns to defend themselves with.

Lets use the same argument the pro-choice crowd uses:
"If you don't like guns, don't buy one."

Old 12-09-2015, 09:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,273,162 times
Quote:
Yup. And NBC is reporting the San Bernardino shootings were planned a year in advance. So much for workplace violence.

San Bernardino shooting planned a year in advance: report | TheHill

Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,533,427 times
did anyone even look at the video I posted a few pages ago ?
The little girl's mother supposedly was surprise-murdered just 2 days
before and she doesn't even care !!! She said her mother told her
"if they take me to a place" !

look at this eyewitness.. he said the first thing the "cops" did when they arrived in the building
was to DRAG OUT the "bodies". Not wait for emergency services. Not quarantine the crime scene.
No, DRAG the "bodies" out on the ground, out of the building. That is definitely not standard response
procedure. I can only assume that they were dragging out the dummies.
The video is on You Tube but it's page hit count is only 745 ! You Tube manipulates view counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Csl-3Zr_l8

Old 12-09-2015, 12:24 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,185,350 times
Quote:
"Just on the news?" You are at least a day, if not two, behind! I believe that was reported on Monday.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:43 PM

19,701 posts, read 11,951,285 times
Quote:
That's not how peer to peer loans work.
When Prosper started 10 years ago, borrower's pictures and stories/reasons for borrowing were visible. They have since changed their practice.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,439,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am curious if there are any statistics on how many of those weapons were replaced? I would also expect some to use that opportunity to upgrade their older and less efficient weapons. What about the statistics on how many were given prison time in that 5700 illegal gun collection? Of course; it all fell on the taxpayers shoulders - safe or pay.
The vast majority of the guns confiscated occur in gang infested neighborhoods. Most are straw purchases made at one of the retail gun stores in the suburbs or near- bye Indiana.

Reportedly, the conviction rate is about 70%. Losses generally are limited to the inability to prove reasonable grounds to search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies