U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:34 AM
 
699 posts, read 439,675 times
Reputation: 243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
1st amendment protects Muslims
It says nothing about letting Muslims into this country.

 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:44 AM
 
50,653 posts, read 26,726,952 times
Reputation: 15849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So what was preached in the Mosques of these shooters?
I'm sure we'll find out.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,787 posts, read 2,193,548 times
Reputation: 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The attack happened at 11 am and the suspects were still driving around in a vehicle at 3 pm. What in the heck were they up to, that's kinda weird. And they were killed two miles away from where the original attack took place. Where did the chase begin, were they doubling back.
It's the $64,000 question. Why didn't they execute their escape plan? Seems they went back to the house. I think someone was supposed to help them escape and bailed.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:52 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,523,816 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I know, wasn't that something? The commentators didn't say, "this could be political extremism" they said, "could be right-wing extremism" as if the right wing are the only ones who have nuts. Apparently they've long forgotten the days of Bill Ayers and Weather Underground.
It is often times important to not bother listening to the news until they have actual factual news to report. It is too early to even report anything about the shooters in an attempt to understand why it happened in the first place.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:54 AM
 
Location: Stasis
15,837 posts, read 10,039,215 times
Reputation: 8547
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The attack happened at 11 am and the suspects were still driving around in a vehicle at 3 pm. What in the heck were they up to, that's kinda weird. And they were killed two miles away from where the original attack took place. Where did the chase begin, were they doubling back.
They went home and the car chase started when officers went to the house with a search warrant.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Stasis
15,837 posts, read 10,039,215 times
Reputation: 8547
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Press conference for the mass shooting in San Bernardino today is over and once again, they refuse to call this terrorism, even when the Joint Terrorism Task Force is now involved in the investigation. WTF? ?
Terrorism is legally defined by motive. When they have a better idea of motive they may call it terrorism.

"ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims."

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...ism-definition
Definitions of Terrorism in the U.S. Code:
"Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; "
 
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Out West
22,738 posts, read 16,826,114 times
Reputation: 26297
Yeah, all of this is fishy...

My thought process is that he went to that party to ensure that someone was going to be there. Once that was confirmed, he left and started in on his plan that he and the other(s) had been working on for however long.

The fact that his wife/girlfriend/whatever was involved, the fact that they were armed to the teeth, the fact that they had explosive devices, the fact that they killed more than just a certain person or a couple of persons, the fact that their home was allegedly rigged up, the fact that they, as another said above, appeared to have doubled back towards the area makes me believe that more was planned, but for some reason, the plans didn't go the way they had intended.

Then, you throw in the fact that the foreign press had the guy's name almost immediately while our own news media pretended it was three white males, the fact that witnesses of the incident, (not necessarily at the actual party but in the same building), said that there were 3 of them, not 2, the fact that CAIR felt the need to address the situation, the fact that the idiots in their sandbox in ME rejoiced this particular shooting but not others, before any names were revealed by police or the American press, the fact that the brother in law just so happened to "be in the area", the fact that the lady had a six month old kid she apparently didn't care if she left behind, and the fact that now the JTTF is getting involved makes this much more than just a reaction to a spat at some stupid party. Frankly, it makes it more than just "work place violence". I believe that someone or some people at the work were targets, but that it was only the start.

No sane new mom is going to leave a six month old behind because her husband isn't getting along with someone at work.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 AM
 
1,431 posts, read 710,558 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
So many stupid comments here before the facts are revealed, primarily from the Right. Mr. Syed Farook is one of the shooters. Obviously, he's a Muslim. Question is whether or not he was acting on behalf of ISIS in the shooting. If so, then Congressional Republicans need to quit picking their noses in obstruction bliss, and support our great President in handling this matter so future incidents don't happen.
No, what's stupid is you and the rest of the blind, devout liberal clowns not admitting that you're wrong for a change. I bet you were clapping for joy when you heard it was three white dudes because then you would've been able to push more of your white supremacy agenda. As soon as the news said Farooq, all you Lefties grabbed your blankies and went to bed. Obama and the rest of his cohorts need to understand that more gun restrictions won't work because CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW LAWS. The only way to mitigate the threat is to restrict who has access to this country and to strip citizenship of anyone supporting ISIS or any other extremist group. Instead, Obama's too busy in Paris, ironically telling everyone that mass shootings just don't happen in other countries not even two weeks after 130 people lost their lives IN PARIS. Wake up and stop being dense, it's pathetic.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 01:11 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
Reputation: 18436
Certainly more can be done by Congress, as urged by President Obama, but the Republicans resist irrationally, under the assumption that the American people will blame President Obama and the Democrats for the results of Congressional inaction. It is incredibly absurd. Oppose the President because he's black and highly successful, as a desperate means of political self-preservation, even at the expense of public safety and controlling heightened terrorist activities.

The Republican-led Congress killed those people today.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 01:12 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,896,109 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yeah, all of this is fishy...

My thought process is that he went to that party to ensure that someone was going to be there. Once that was confirmed, he left and started in on his plan that he and the other(s) had been working on for however long.

The fact that his wife/girlfriend/whatever was involved, the fact that they were armed to the teeth, the fact that they had explosive devices, the fact that they killed more than just a certain person or a couple of persons, the fact that their home was allegedly rigged up, the fact that they, as another said above, appeared to have doubled back towards the area makes me believe that more was planned, but for some reason, the plans didn't go the way they had intended.

Then, you throw in the fact that the foreign press had the guy's name almost immediately while our own news media pretended it was three white males, the fact that witnesses of the incident, (not necessarily at the actual party but in the same building), said that there were 3 of them, not 2, the fact that CAIR felt the need to address the situation, the fact that the idiots in their sandbox in ME rejoiced this particular shooting but not others, the fact that the brother in law just so happened to "be in the area", the fact that the lady had a six month old kid she apparently didn't care if she left behind, and the fact that now the JTTF is getting involved makes this much more than just a reaction to a spat at some stupid party. Frankly, it makes it more than just "work place violence". I believe that someone or some people at the work were targets, but that it was only the start.


I heard tonight that the suspect Man now killed went to Saudi Arabia for a month came back with a wife, and then baby. Very interesting indeed.


Motive smotive, you don't like your co-workers, or a party going on and you get even. Something is fishy in S.B.


They were ready and armed to the hilt, they had many explosive devices and the fact that their home was also rigged, what does this tell us unless we are stupid.


Sounds as if they both knew what they were doing, and that this was a planned assult. Paint it anyway they want, look at the last names, and now the dead, tell you anything. And throw the fact to the media about the 3 white male suspects, what the hell was that all about. Anything to deflect the real truth, which most people are getting tired of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top