Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 08:55 AM

19,637 posts, read 9,177,325 times

Advertisements

I was wondering this yesterday, if holiday/Christmas parties would now be canceled.

I am also wondering if employers will now be much more wary of hiring people who are known or at least suspected of being Muslim and/or Middle Eastern. I confess that if I were hiring, I don't think I would hire anyone of Middle Eastern heritage, as un-PC as that might be, if I could get away with that.

(One more instance of one very bad person spoiling things for many good ones.)

Old 12-03-2015, 08:55 AM

20,622 posts, read 19,284,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Unless I have missed it, the motive for the killings has still not be determined, right?

It seems to me that as it took place at a party for Farook and his co-workers, that that it is now being reported that there were were no Muslims involved in the attack other than Farook and his wife, and that, reportedly, Farook had exchanged angry words with a co-worker before leaving the party and then returned, that this just MIGHT have been a incident of workplace rage that escalated into a terrorist attack at the urging of his wife. I say this because Farook was born in the U.S., and his wife had just arrived from Saudi Arabia about two years ago.

However, at this point, I think that the motivation for the attack can only be guessed at.

P.S. to Wayland Woman -- Sorry that I did not read your post before I read yours because you basically said the same thing I did before I did.
Which is why he was so prepared.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:58 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But it was an act of terror, also. Islamic terror. The feds don't win, they let this one get by them. The police don't win, these two got away from the scene and were only caught later when they returned, supposedly to attack the police. Both the anti gun and pro gun lobby can claim justification. Obama's credibility is zero already so he doesn't win. The people who were killed and injured and their families lose. Maybe Isis wins. The gun makers win. People will buy more guns now.
Obama better ramp up his climate change defense. As Obama said... "a Powerful Rebuke' to Terrorists".

Old 12-03-2015, 08:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,852,196 times
I'm sure the pair of them are a pair of whack jobs. I doubt anything they ever said about themselves had anything to do with the truth. They attacked people at a Christmas party. People who work with disabled children. They, like all mass shooters have something in common. A complete lack of empathy for their victims. A complete disregard for human life. It isn't the guns that are at fault. It is the people. No guns? Fine make bombs. Bombs are not all that hard to make, but they are less personal. I think, I don't know, but I think, these kinds of people like that up close and personal aspect of the killing that a gun can give them. I also believe that in absence of a gun they would use bombs, knives, swords cars or any other destructive force they can.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I was wondering this yesterday, if holiday/Christmas parties would now be canceled.

(One more instance of one very bad person spoiling things for many good ones.)
Bad people spoil things for innocent people all the time. It's life. They are not happy unless they are making other people miserable, fighting about something, killing, robbing and on and on.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,617,203 times
Instant headlines from the Planned Parenthood shooting:
"Crazy right-wing Christian pro-lifer terrorist slaughters people at Planned Parenthood"

San Bernadino shooting:
"Let's wait until all the facts come out."

Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,593,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Again side stepping the real issue. Sugar coat, put a Band-Aid on it all better. Not. Who is not tired of this nonsense.

Say the fudging truth for once they think we are babies. Saying in the beginning 3 white male what the heckl was that all about anyways.

By the way I want to say, that tonight's news is stating 2 suspects, changing from the fact 3 was stated on multiple news outlets during the day today. So that would make you right and me wrong, but telling you what I had heard, tonight saying 2 suspects no mention of a 3rd.

Two different news stations stated they have not ruled out terrorism, who knows what the rest will say. Shall be interesting. The brother in law of the young Man seems very distraught. What is distraught to me, is that now this 6 mo old baby does not have parents so sad. This much hatred

Gun laws would not stop this from happening when you have got it in you to do this much damage, you do it, with or without a gun law.

Killers do not care about gun laws.
LE spokesperson was consistent as the day unfolded. They said up to three suspects. Obviously they had reasonable cause to believe that the accuracy of early information was questionable. Some media chose to run with 3 suspects.

Back when Sandy Hook first broke, media reported there were 2 shooters, likely related. . LE was in NJ looking for the second shooter.

The shooter's brother lived in NJ and was presumed to be involved. Reality was the brother was at work, verified by his coworkers. while the shooting occurred at the school.

Early reports tend to almost always contain erroneous information based on hearsay and speculation.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:04 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,225,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Instant headlines from the Planned Parenthood shooting:
"Crazy right-wing Christian pro-lifer terrorist slaughters people at Planned Parenthood"

San Bernadino shooting:
"Let's wait until all the facts come out."
The double standard is so glaringly obvious it is disgusting.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 AM

17,410 posts, read 13,189,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Don't let your ignorance get in the way of shooting your mouth off about things of which you know nothing. We all know (in LE) what happened but are stopped by politicians and bosses (who also know the truth of this event) all to make the morons among you feel better about the great job they're doing and try to deflect the truth to something you can handle.

People like you ARE the problem and you are worthy of being dismissed, nothing more. Put your faith in the system and obambo. Yeah, that's the ticket. Oh, and watch out where you shop in the next few weeks, malls are soft targets too.
Right on point!

And, obuma and friends calling for gun control is asinine! We do not need gun control, it's there already.

Why not call for pipe control since pipe bombs were also involved? The terrorists house was a bomb factory.

The neighbor was afraid to call the police because of the suspicious activity at the house. The neighbor was afraid she would be ridiculed because she was racial profiling.

Neither guns or pipes are the problem, The problem lies with the people using the guns and pipes!! We need people control.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,520,476 times
Will Obama declare a national day of mourning for the dead terrorists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies