Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 07:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's amazing how the news is still saying they are not sure this is a terroist plan....absolutely freaking amazing....

Loyalty to isis.....well.....we are still not sure...
Now even ISIS has put out a press release confirming they were followers.

So what's the next excuse to avoid calling Islamic terrorists terrorists?

It wasn't a leap year! Golly, missed by less than a month.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The victims were a variety of races and backgrounds. White, Hispanic, Arab, Asian, Christian, Jewish, straight and gay. We all have a dog in this fight. I hope this wakes people up to the fact that this debate is not about White Supremacy, it's about calling attention to the immense damage one group that is 5% of all immigrants is causing. I welcome anyone from anywhere to America as long as they follow our laws and respect our freedom based society.
As long as there is the slightest infinitesimal link to anything white and/or conservative, which supremacists aren't by definition, the radical left will keep repeating their false narratives.

Anything that can by labelled racist will be, and since only white men are racists yadda yadda yadda

Old 12-04-2015, 07:12 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Why won't Obama's DOJ indict these terrorists and arrest them? Why is Obama so intent on letting terrorist roam free in America?

Surely, if there is enough evidence to remove a constitutional right, there is enough evidence to indict.
If that's the criteria you insist on then we should abandon the no-fly list completely, right? Or are we only worried about making sure that terrorists can buy guns?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:13 PM

8,050 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Now we know why they are required to wear the hijab. She was a disgusting woman inside and out.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:27 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If that's the criteria you insist on then we should abandon the no-fly list completely, right? Or are we only worried about making sure that terrorists can buy guns?
When Ted Kennedy winds up on the no-fly list, one has to question its integrity and utility.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who is " they"?

People like what?

Farooq's was born and raised in the US.

Farooq's had no criminal record.

He was not connected with those suspected of ties with terrorists.

He was a college grad with a decent job and planned to attend grad school.

His co- workers gave him a baby shower.

They had a 6 month old baby.
He was also a jihadist terrorist Bomb maker that killed/wounded a Lot of people. I don't think his plans to go to grad school were his priority.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
When Ted Kennedy winds up on the no-fly list, one has to question its integrity and utility.
That was a one off, they really meant to put him on the

No Drive Into a Lake Drunk Killing an Innocent Woman and then Become POS Libturd Senator for Decades Destroying America List.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Surely everyone knows by now that the no-fly list has a *lot* of problems. And it seems to be harder to resolve those problems than it is to straighten out credit report problems.

I once knew a perfectly benign businessman, whose name wound up on the no-fly list. It was a common name, similar to Robert G. Smith, and there were hundreds of people who shared it. Last I knew, he had just given up on flying anywhere.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have no problem with the 'killing part'. The only problem I have is finding a system that stops these shooting/attacks.

I mentioned Tasers because of the political wind. It is something that might pass right now with the right backing. If you listen to the people on this forum they are polarized - left vs. right, etc. Only compromise can get the job done. So continue to beat your head against the wall and it will not get you anyplace (at least for now). Tomorrow you might be right; just not today. Our society is not ready for everybody to walk around armed (old West style).
12 Million people already are carrying licensed and we're not seeing old west shootouts. Your fear is not based on historical fact.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have no problem with the 'killing part'. The only problem I have is finding a system that stops these shooting/attacks.

I mentioned Tasers because of the political wind. It is something that might pass right now with the right backing. If you listen to the people on this forum they are polarized - left vs. right, etc. Only compromise can get the job done. So continue to beat your head against the wall and it will not get you anyplace (at least for now). Tomorrow you might be right; just not today. Our society is not ready for everybody to walk around armed (old West style).
If this type of thing happens a few more times, I bet they will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies