Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
fix the list.
Great idea!

Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If the "No fly list" was meaningful, it might be different.
Stephen Hayes, a columnist at The Weekly Standard, is on the list.
Ted Kennedy was on the list.

How A Journalist Ended Up On A Terror Watch List : NPR

When the first black or Muslim is denied a gun because of the list and without due process the ACLU will be on the job. The mere proposal to deny citizens rights based on speculation borders on treason and is clearly fascist.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me their guns have be confiscated by the government in the last 7 years.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:50 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because they didn't commit any crimes.
Unless we make "suspicion" a crime now.
What evidence did they have that put Ted Kennedy on their list ?
So you are arguing against having a terrorist watch list and a no-fly list, but you constantly tell us how afraid you are of terrorists invading us. Well you can't have it both ways, we either monitor people for terrorist activity and limit their ability to buy tickets on airplanes or we don't do anything until they commit a terrorist act and we arrest them. There is criteria for inclusion on those lists and if you spent 30 seconds searching for it, you would find it.

https://www.aclu.org/files/natsec/ns...20Guidance.pdf

Old 12-06-2015, 12:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
fix the list.
Good idea only no one is suggesting that.

Hillary said she would EO a gun ban on those people if she gets elected.

You really think the government is going to admit their sacred lists are incorrect ?

Old 12-06-2015, 01:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you are arguing against having a terrorist watch list and a no-fly list, but you constantly tell us how afraid you are of terrorists invading us. Well you can't have it both ways, we either monitor people for terrorist activity and limit their ability to buy tickets on airplanes or we don't do anything until they commit a terrorist act and we arrest them. There is criteria for inclusion on those lists and if you spent 30 seconds searching for it, you would find it.

https://www.aclu.org/files/natsec/ns...20Guidance.pdf
Nope. I didn't say that but you seem to be putting those words in my mouth.

All I said was that the Farooks did everything legally yet turned out to be radical Islamic terrorists.

Who said I was afraid of the terrorists ? I'm one of the posters that called BS in the thread that said we shouldn't talk about them.

What do you mean I can't have it both ways ? I'm just commenting that our sacred lists are not vetted.
Ted Kennedy was on the list. 5 year old kids are on that list. Decorated high ranking military officials are on that list.

How vetted do you think those "lists" are ? Oh yeah..the government publicized their vetting process.

What did Ted Kennedy do that got him on that list pray tell ?

Old 12-06-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nope. I didn't say that but you seem to be putting those words in my mouth. All I said was that the Farooks did everything legally yet turned out to be radical Islamic terrorists.
Who said I was afraid of the terrorists ? I'm one of the posters that called BS in the thread that said we shouldn't talk about them. What do you mean I can't have it both ways ? I'm just commenting that our sacred lists are not vetted. Ted Kennedy was on the list. 5 year old kids are on that list. Decorated high ranking military officials are on that list. How vetted do you think those "lists" are ? Oh yeah..the government publicized their vetting process. What did Ted Kennedy do that got him on that list pray tell ?
I never heard about the high ranking military official but the Ted Kennedy and 5 year old stories happened over a decade ago and the 'vetting' has improved since then. I posted a link with the criteria for putting a person on one of the lists, it seems reasonable to me, and as I already stated there is a process to challenge inclusion on the list. If you don't want no-fly lists, or terrorist watch lists, or surveillance of possible terrorists that's just fine, you have the right to feel that way but it just seems really odd coming from a poster who has repeatedly has been critical of allowing middle eastern refugees into the US.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I never heard about the high ranking military official but the Ted Kennedy and 5 year old stories happened over a decade ago and the 'vetting' has improved since then. I posted a link with the criteria for putting a person on one of the lists, it seems reasonable to me, and as I already stated there is a process to challenge inclusion on the list. If you don't want no-fly lists, or terrorist watch lists, or surveillance of possible terrorists that's just fine, you have the right to feel that way but it just seems really odd coming from a poster who has repeatedly has been critical of allowing middle eastern refugees into the US.

Why would that seem odd.
That is the ultimate vetting...

Old 12-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
[/b] Why would that seem odd. That is the ultimate vetting...
What does that even mean? Ultimate vetting? What in the world are you even talking about

Old 12-06-2015, 01:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quite simple... If you don't allow anyone to come in from the ME, that would be the ultimate vetting of people from the region. You are from the ME? Go back home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies