Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 04:35 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I am in favor of allowing them to buy guns because in a free society we do not deny civil rights to people suspected of crimes.
So, should they be able to fly on airplanes & get visas to enter the US?

Old 12-06-2015, 04:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Couldn't that same logic be applied to the mentally ill?
Absolutely. There is real concern about the definition of mental illness. A person who is diagnosed with a serious illness such as schizophrenia is in a completely different category as a new mother suffering from postpartum depression.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So, should they be able to fly on airplanes & get visas to enter the US?

No, but now you are arguing apples and oranges.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:58 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
So the family knew the guy was radicalized as the dad knew and the man who came out a day after the terrorist attack who is the brother in law and Cair member stated they had no clue!

They probably are all similar and I wouldn't be suprosed if the brother in law knew more. Being radicalized doesn't mean you will commit a physical crime as it may well be recruiting and hate preaching.

This Cair member may not see it it as radicalized as he may feel he is a moderate and only the ones cutting throats are radicals...

Old 12-06-2015, 05:06 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Maybe because I had to leave to do things related to having a life. What is your question Chucky?
Except you posted 15 times after my comments within 3 pages jojo.........my comments are on page 2088........
I understand that they may have not had question marks, which is why the premise went so far over your head....you did not have the ability to undersand they were directed at you as question...

Hence,

Yea, except that this dude was not on the terror list....failed post....?

And what license are needed to build pipe bombs...?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, and BTW hi-cap magazines are not allowed in CA....?

The shear failure that you and your ilk think more rules are going to make everything better is absolutely amazing....

Weren't those style weapons also illegal in CA....?

There I put question marks behind them.....

Will you answer honestly jojo?

Old 12-06-2015, 05:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Except you posted 15 times after my comments within 3 pages jojo.........my comments are on page 2088........
I understand that they may have not had question marks, which is why the premise went so far over your head....you did not have the ability to undersand they were directed at you as question...

Hence,

Yea, except that this dude was not on the terror list....failed post....?

And what license are needed to build pipe bombs...?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, and BTW hi-cap magazines are not allowed in CA....?

The shear failure that you and your ilk think more rules are going to make everything better is absolutely amazing....

Weren't those style weapons also illegal in CA....?

There I put question marks behind them.....

Will you answer honestly jojo?

Someone on this thread said that the dude LEGALLY purchased the guns. Post #2114.

My answer was in post#2121

Old 12-06-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Someone on this thread said that the dude LEGALLY purchased the guns. Post #2114.

My answer was in post#2121
My post I'm speaking of if 2088, that is BEFORE 2114......

So, this post just as your others are useless....

Or lets see if you will answer these questions:

Were those ARs, they way they were legal in CA? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

Were the magazines (not clips) legal in CA? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

What license is needed to make pipe bombs? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

And the post you speak of, stated the AR were bought by someone else....not the pistols...

Old 12-06-2015, 05:57 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I trend neutral on the handgun debate. I do not own and likely will not. That the next guy owns is none of my business, unless he makes it my business.

State and municipal gun control laws do not work.

That Chicago does not permit gun sales within the city means nothing given guns have always been legally sold in surrounding suburbs and states.

It's silliness.

Automatic weapons are a different matter. Seems to be the weapon of choice in most mass shootings.
Clinton was able to get a ban on the manufacture of new automatic weapons with a 10 year sunset.
Did nothing about those weapons already in circulation beyond making them more valuable.

Bush was for a reinstatement. Reagan was for a reinstatement. Congress was not in favor.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My post I'm speaking of if 2088, that is BEFORE 2114......

So, this post just as your others are useless....

Or lets see if you will answer these questions:

Were those ARs, they way they were legal in CA? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

Were the magazines (not clips) legal in CA? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

What license is needed to make pipe bombs? <<<<< This is a question for you jojo.

And the post you speak of, stated the AR were bought by someone else....not the pistols...
Maybe these will help with some of those burning questions that you have

Official: Neighbor Purportedly Bought 'Assault-Style' Weapons Used in San Bernardino Rampage

Weapons in San Bernardino Shootings Were Legally Obtained

Old 12-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
It's acceptable you have no answer, we expect that....

But they are illegal? How could anyone get them?

What about those HI-cap magazines?

Maybe you should just not answer jojo, since you have to provide a link to answer.....

Maybe you just don't know, maybe you just don't care and run with crap, without really learning about the actual problem.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies