U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:58 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,140,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You really like that particular lie, don't you?
It's the truth, and you know it.

Trump is right.

We gave a K-1 visa to an Islamic terrorist who then proceeded to kill 14 Americans.

Obama's administration is not vetting foreigners who come into this country.

Foreigners who come here to commit terrorist acts are Muslims.

Ergo, no more Muslims allowed in. I hope permanently.

Why the liberals and even a lot of Republicans are getting hysterical over this is beyond me.

We owe foreigners zip. It is a privilege, not a right, for them to be allowed into this country.

Ask other countries. They believe the same thing.

When a "religion" calls for killing non-believers, and its followers actually carry that out, it's time to stop welcoming practitioners of that religion into this country. Especially when we can't vet them properly. Duh and double-duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 04:25 AM

16,698 posts, read 9,066,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We have no litmus test in peoples religion and I would think long and hard about opening that Pandora's box, because once out it can never be put back.
I am not saying to block all Muslims based on religion.

However, if you are going to accept thousands of immigrants from a region where ISIS is running roughshod over everything: why can't you ask certain political and religious questions to find out if they are a terrorist?

This isn't a religious litmus test, it is are you an extremist, radical, or terrorist test.

To punish a homeland security questioner fr asking someone if they support a well-known extremist from ISIS?!?! Why shouldn't we ask those questions? It is common sense.

If you can't ask basic political or religious questions to people from ISIS areas...then stop accepting them in. I am not opposed to letting Muslims in. I am opposed to letting radicals (of any religious persuasion in from a region that has thousands of people at war with the US over religion).

Old 12-11-2015, 12:21 AM

17,027 posts, read 9,522,940 times
We got the news today that 800 will be housed 2 miles around the block from us.

Yes, where I live two miles is around the block.
No thank you.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:05 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,031,100 times
I wonder how they are going to screen them coming through the porous Mexican American border?

Old 12-11-2015, 01:38 PM

9,523 posts, read 7,782,324 times
Is obama willing to post a bond equal to his entire net worth to be paid to the victims (if any) of a terrorist that entered the country under his watch?

I didn't think so.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 PM

15,613 posts, read 6,163,298 times
This is going into a new thread anyway, Trumpian Bombast About "Vetting" of Immigrants; Process Needed but Costly but it's appropriate here as well.

Let me be clear. We have not taken any "vetting" of immigrants seriously. Or the entire immigration process. And here is where I join the "liberals" (apologies to FantasyChaser and others who do not believe I am a liberal). We must have a fully funded and functional immigration system. As it is now, immigration matters, including the following languish and are determined years after the case is opened:

1. Granting of citizenship;
  2. Deportations; and
  3. Determination of refugee status.

This is bad for a lot of reasons. The immigration system is a civil rather than criminal remedy. Its function is to ensure that people are where they're supposed to be; either in or out of the U.S. The proceedings properly should be determined promptly since the legal criteria are not "rocket science." Either someone is in a favored class of immigrant visas, someone is a proper refugee or someone is a genuine applicant for citizenship, permanent residency, is a student, vacationer, etc. Citizenship may take some time but the wait, now, is about 10 years. That was for an expedited applicant I sponsored.

If someone is here by virtue of overstaying a student or traveler visa or visa-waived admission, they should be promptly expelled. Same with someone who commits a crime (and I know there is a legitimate debate over whether minor infractions such as speeding or casual marijuana use should qualify). What I am suggesting will take real, serious money, but if we're beyond "political bulletin board activism" we should do this. If an illegal entrant remains here through a three or four year process, chances are that person is remaining. They may well have either given birth to an "anchor baby" or otherwise made themselves difficult to remove. Or, more likely, they just disappear. They may not show up for hearings. Remember, they have no Social Security number or other identification. And if they live in a "sanctuary city" the local governments may not cooperate. And I do favor cutting off federal funds for "sanctuary cities" or other uncooperative entities.

And outside of immigration, ditto with criminal prosecutions. If we are serious about jailing (or deporting) criminals they need to be tried sooner rather than later so they don't either disappear or the witnesses have a "loss of memory."

Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 AM

19,646 posts, read 14,610,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I suppose you missed the part where that guy from yesterday's shooting was born here.
He may have been born here but his heart was obviously in the middle east.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:57 AM

17,027 posts, read 9,522,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Were we unfortunate enough to have a Republican president at this time, the problem would be infinitely worse.

The President is right. Screening procedures have kept out maybe 99.9% of the terrorists, but it's not unreasonable to find that some radicalization may occur. If Republicans have a better plan, you better get someone in the White House first so that we can see it FAIL miserably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Screenings must be 100% effective, a republican president would have seen to that.

Maybe we should have annual screenings of resident white males since they seem to be more involved in most of our mass shootings.

So you endorse the belief screenings are 99.9% effective?

Sounds like it.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:00 AM

16,813 posts, read 11,753,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Example after example, he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, then ends up with egg on his face.
...and the media propaganda machine is there with a tissue to wipe away the mess.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:38 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,614,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
...and the media propaganda machine is there with a tissue to wipe away the mess.
Most of them, anyway.

Thankfully a few have started to wake up...

Obama scolds reporter for Iran question

CNN reporter to Obama: 'Why can't we take out these bastards?'

NBC: Obama Testy When Asked About His Failing ISIS Strategy

MSM Continues to Pummel Obama's ISIS Failures, Paris Reaction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or