U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 AM

66,196 posts, read 33,593,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Rifles for hunting are completely different and you know it.

I use the same rifles used yesterday in San Bernadino to hunt, with a FLIR night vision scope..

My daughters Mini-14 she has had since she was 10, is the same rifle as used yesterday, but with a conventional wood stock. Not the black pee your pants scary black stock. Even the 30 round mag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Unfortunately for some, the Constitution didn't place restrictions, past or future, on firearms. And by the way, the fundamentalists who killed 14 people yesterday had "long guns" and handguns. Both are deadly if used by a dangerous person. Otherwise, they are a tool, nothing more.

They had shotgun, rifle and pistols.... What are we going to ban?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:05 AM

3,216 posts, read 1,851,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They had shotgun, rifle and pistols.... What are we going to ban?
Exactly! None, if people who still respect the Constitution stay vigilant.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:09 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,692,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It's starting to look like radical Islamists want to demonize law-abiding American gun owners by committing atrocious attacks like the one in San Bernardino hoping the far left politicians like Obama and Clinton to gradually disarm Americans and only making more "soft targets" for terror attacks. It won't happen overnight, but over time.

Besides arming myself, another way to protect America is to keep liberals and nave individuals, like Obama, out of political offices.
That may be there plan, but it's not working out that way. every time that idiot in the White house opens his mouth another 100,000 guns fly off the shelves.

bill

Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM

51,770 posts, read 29,841,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
First let me say I am a gun owner (several).

The Gun toting homeower defending himself is a fantasy - the likelihood of using your gun to defend yourself vs it being stolen or used against you is less than you being hit by a car while crossing the street. Most robberies happen during the day when you are not home - it is immaterial if there is a gun in the house (except that if many people know about a large collection that may make you a target for theft as guns are easy to pawn/sell.

I don't want to give up my guns but neither do I have any desire to carry it with me anywhere except the shooting range or hunting. I have no problem with extensive background checks or gun ownership being denied to certain high risk groups.
Using common sense in everything you do, like looking before crossing the street and using a crosswalk, rather than jay-walking usually prevents such incidents. The point is, arming yourself will make a criminal think twice before doing anything. Situational awareness is also a key factor in protecting yourself.

There are plenty of safeguards to protect the residence against burglaries, I keep all my guns locked in a very heavy fire-proof safe, and a monitored burglar alarm system will keep burglars out of my property.

About selling a gun to a pawn shop, you're wrong on that point. Anyone who sells a weapon to a pawn shop or any gun store, the merchant will have the weapon checked to make sure it's not stolen, and if it is stolen, they are required to report it to the law enforcement agency. A responsible gun owner will report such thefts, just like any other items they own, and it's a good idea just in case the weapon is used to commit a crime.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM

10,504 posts, read 4,380,542 times
Quote:
You will never be free from evil.
You can only protect yourself the best you can from it.
It is you that is defenseless and it scares the hell out of you, in light of the events taking place in the world today. You are in a war, that you did not know you were in.

How long has violence and killing, effected the human race? You think removing a gun from my hand is going to change that?
You're not thinking rationally. Your dreams are not reality.
Afraid to move around you are not free. Yes that is a problem as more info comes out, this young man followed what many on these pages have preached. Get more weapons get more ammunition,be prepared for them.

Of course them is never from who, just them.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Afraid to move around you are not free. Yes that is a problem as more info comes out, this young man followed what many on these pages have preached. Get more weapons get more ammunition,be prepared for them.

Of course them is never from who, just them.

No, some are prepared for evil and some think evil does not exist.
Those over protected kids... pft! Welcome to the real world off mamas teet.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 PM

14,091 posts, read 8,988,190 times
Quote:
No, just those that wish to oppress my freedom and liberty with law after law after law. Not based on what happened and who is liable, but what could, or may happen, if we allow it. So, instead of going after those that cause harm, you will go after everyones freedom, to give yourself a feel good false sense of security.
Remember, it is not illegal until you get caught.
Tyranny wears many shoes.
Live and let live.
Mess with the wrong individual, and you "may" die.

Freedom is scary. America the land of the free, may not be the place for you.

Um what exactly are do we have freedom from? I see laws passed on BOTH sides that are just as stupid as those from the left. Again no difference.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Um what exactly are do we have freedom from? I see laws passed on BOTH sides that are just as stupid as those from the left. Again no difference.

From your post above, I see you have no clue what freedom is. How about liberty?

Freedom is your ability to choose. Liberty is unlimited choices.

Taking liberties, takes your freedom to choose for yourself.
Government now gets to make that choice for you. When only yesterday, you made that choice for yourself.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:18 PM

14,091 posts, read 8,988,190 times
Quote:
From your post above, I see you have no clue what freedom is. How about liberty?

Freedom is your ability to choose. Liberty is unlimited choices.

Taking liberties, takes your freedom to choose for yourself.
Government now gets to make that choice for you. When only yesterday, you made that choice for yourself.

Once again WHAT are we free from? Taxes? Religious freedom? Freedom of speech? What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or