Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 11:37 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,961,461 times

Advertisements

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...alert-national

I'm glad with the world burning the Pentagon is focused on our threats abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 12:11 PM

756 posts, read 421,688 times
I don't have a problem as long as 2 things happen:

1) The physical requirements stay the same as they were before and aren't adjusted down for women.
2) All women are now required to sign up for selective service.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,806,434 times
Unleash the lesbians!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:16 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,335,958 times
Carter said that the chiefs of the Army, Navy and Air Force all recommended that all jobs be opened to women. The Marine Corps recommended that certain jobs such as machine gunner be kept closed, but the secretary said that the military is a joint force, and his decision will apply to all services.

ooook

There will be no exceptions,” Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

I am okay with the above as long as there will be no exceptions. we will have to see about that.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,249,943 times
Totally makes sense on the war with Terror because them mental midgets of Islam believe if a woman kills them they lose their Heaven and afterlife, so lets go for the all Amazon Female front lines in the Middle East.
Don't worry about the fact that EVERY woman ever captured was raped or worse. Nobody in this day takes that into consideration.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:22 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,433,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I don't have a problem as long as 2 things happen:

1) The physical requirements stay the same as they were before and aren't adjusted down for women.
2) All women are now required to sign up for selective service.
Ayup.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,249,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Carter said that the chiefs of the Army, Navy and Air Force all recommended that all jobs be opened to women. The Marine Corps recommended that certain jobs such as machine gunner be kept closed, but the secretary said that the military is a joint force, and his decision will apply to all services.

ooook

There will be no exceptions,” Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

I am okay with the above as long as there will be no exceptions. we will have to see about that.
But in truth women are not made to keep any standards like the men were. To accommodate standards and get women in they lowered ALL STANDARDS which is not good.

This is no slam on women for me, but I think they make the best pilots and I am serious that they would be great on the front lines regarding terror because those mental midgets fear the hell out of a death by female. Dying by woman ruins their afterlife, so it is like going to hell for them in their minds.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
But in truth women are not made to keep any standards like the men were. To accommodate standards and get women in they lowered ALL STANDARDS which is not good.

This is no slam on women for me, but I think they make the best pilots and I am serious that they would be great on the front lines regarding terror because those mental midgets fear the hell out of a death by female.
I agree with you.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:38 PM

254 posts, read 144,933 times
Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

Thats fine as long as we don't lower the bar and make it easier for them. Gender equality shouldnt be involved when we are talking about those who defend our country, we need those best equipped for the job, no compromise.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
Carter said. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before.”

Thats fine as long as we don't lower the bar and make it easier for them. Gender equality shouldnt be involved when we are talking about those who defend our country, we need those best equipped for the job, no compromise.
agreed

But the majority of the data collected to support opening combat roles to women is based on physiology, physical endurance, and strength. However, historically speaking, the woman being tested were recruited under different sets of expectations and performance standards from men. Example, men perform pull ups, and women do flexed arm hang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies