Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Instead of linking to an obviously unprofessional bias site that misinterprets the pew study why don't you actually link the PEW site about the topic.

Little Support for Terrorism Among Muslim Americans | Pew Research Center

There is no denying there is something wrong within the Muslim religion. In my opinion it falls into the fact that they mix politics in religion in the Middle East. Something America needs to ensure we continue to do.
You beat me to posting this link.

Your last sentence seems a tad inconsistent.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:06 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`ll admit to it the day you agree that our guns for all policy is a disaster.
I don't own a gun....do you?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Liberals are not wrong. Conservatives like to lump all people into nice boxes. Hence when are conservatives going to admit they are wrong about Baptists, Catholics, Mormons, Jews and all the other boxes they like to check.

No Liberals are better then that.
Yet, your posts seems to lump all Conservatives and Liberals into nice boxes.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I love watching Liberals on this site justify ISIS's works. Thank God modern Liberals weren't around when Hitler was killing 6 million Jews. They'd be like "don't do anything to provoke Adolf.....he's only attacking Europe because we tried to stop him." FDR and Truman are turning over in their graves.
Your last line is a direct quote from Cruz. It's strategic.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Some of those killed in San Bernadino were Muslims escaping violence, painting an entire religion because of some extremists is ignorant and irrational.

Thousands of peaceful Muslims live here, they're not going anywhere.

This.

Also both Al Qaeda and ISIS have killed more Muslims in the Middle East than in other countries.

We should not paint any religion with a broad stroke. For those who say that you should "read the Koran/Qu'ran" I read it many years ago and periodically re-read religious scriptures of the world.

All of the Judeo religions, of which Islam is included are VERY similar. Jesus is in the Qu'ran (Isa). All of them advocate for the same teachings.

I am not a liberal or a conservative, I also am not religious (I am an atheist). I will never demonize millions of people based on a few thousand who adhere to the same group.

If I did there would be no difference between my bias of Islam and my bias of "white men" here in America who frequently mass murder people. It is like since San Bernadino happened, you forget the crazy white conservative man who shot up the Planned Parenthood clinic a few days before.

That said, as an independent. I am worried about ISIS as a terror organization and I feel that our focus on defeating that group should be on that group and not on "Islam/Muslims." I know a lot of Muslims personally and none of them support these terror groups. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims have been killed by ISIS so that makes no sense at all.

I also agree that demonizing Islam/Muslims only serves to broaden the appeal of these terrorist organizations for naive people. IMO this is the same thing that is driving more and more whites in this country into racial hate groups like skinheads and the KKK. If you incite hysteria to the masses about a group of people, those who are ignorant and naive will believe the hysteria and propaganda and decide to "take action" by joining an organization that claims to fight against "radical Islam" or to prepare for "the race war" here in America. Radicalism can occur within any group of people and lead to terroristic organizations. Remember Dylan Roof too, radical/terroristic white guy who was one of the "race war" advocates.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 AM

756 posts, read 423,568 times
Here's a little thought experiment if you think the majority of Muslims are peace loving and tolerant while it's just a small percentage of extremists giving them all a bad name.

Imagine going to a majority Christian country or community while carrying a cartoon of Jesus Christ, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.

Now...

Change the drawing to a cartoon of Mohammad and imagine going to a majority Muslim country or community, like Dearborn Michigan, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.

What's that? You're hesitant?
Why? The vast majority of Muslims are from the religion of peace and it's just a few bad apples you have to worry about, what could go wrong?
Since the vast majority of Muslims denounce radicalism and violence, perhaps the majority will help protect and defend you from the minority as well.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
There are many non Muslims in Dearborn and no one is killing them.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHEN will conservatives admit they were wrong along with admitting their current and continual hypocrisy?

Backgrounder: The President's Quotes on Islam
You have proof conservatives said this? Rhetorical you don't.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:34 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,558,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are many non Muslims in Dearborn and no one is killing them.
because Dearborn is still in Michigan.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:35 AM

369 posts, read 193,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Here's a little thought experiment if you think the majority of Muslims are peace loving and tolerant while it's just a small percentage of extremists giving them all a bad name.

Imagine going to a majority Christian country or community while carrying a cartoon of Jesus Christ, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.

Now...

Change the drawing to a cartoon of Mohammad and imagine going to a majority Muslim country or community, like Dearborn Michigan, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.
https://umdearborn.edu/lgbtqa/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.