U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 05:49 AM

4,625 posts, read 2,764,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Did anyone actually read the article? I don't think the title of that article fit the words or meaning at all. Typical Bill trying to get clicks.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:53 AM

32,712 posts, read 13,825,147 times
Terrorist couple kills innocent people and Obama is to blame, typical. Why not focus on rational solutions and address the problem, there is no easy answer to these attacks.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:56 AM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times
Quote:
More than what? You seemed to have fallen for O'Reilly's doublespeak. He makes a vague statement that sounds like something is more than others but never states what it is more than.

You have a better chance of being murdered by someone you know who isn't Muslim or murdering you for religious reason than you do being murdered by Muslims.

This is why I don't bother listening to buffoons like O'Reilly because they just like to play with world's until the sheep get in line and listen.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:51 AM

26,613 posts, read 11,149,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Terrorist couple kills innocent people and Obama is to blame, typical. Why not focus on rational solutions and address the problem, there is no easy answer to these attacks.
Of course there is. Quit occupying and invading the Middle East and killing thousands of innocent people.
Bring the troops home and protect our borders like the Constitution says.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:09 AM

32,999 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I am sorry, looks as if I misread your post. I thought it was sarcasm when you said he was "fair and balanced". I re-read it and see I misunderstood. I guess I am too tired to be on here. Seeing Americans die on American soil just makes me sick. We need to do something about this. I bet this ends up being ISIS connected, they have been killing around the world so they are the leading suspect. Time for the civilized world to get on the same page and clean out this den of vermin. If that means working with Russia on Assad so be it. Assad does not attack Americans, however ISIS does. Maybe the Russians are right on this one. No matter what ISIS has to go.
That's fine. No need to apologize, I understand.

Yes, we definitely need to do something about it.

I've never really worried about "terrorism" until now because the mass shooting was very close to me. (like 60 minutes drive)

Terrorists' 'soft-target' strategy puts anyone -- and everyone -- in danger. Like I posted in another thread, I guess we ALL have something to worry about, it really doesn't matter if you are a liberal or a conservative.

Islamic State also has said its Libya branch was behind the Jan. 27 gun and bomb attack on the five-star Corinthia Hotel in the Libyan capital Tripoli, killing 10 people, including U.S. Marine Corps veteran David Berry.

In the Boston bombing case the FBI cleared Tamerlan Tsarnayev with nothing more than a house visit after receiving a tip from Russian intelligence, and never making the connection that he was attending a mosque founded by an imprisoned al Qaeda financier and previously attended by two convicted terrorists.

Obviously, we have a problem here. Notice this? Boston Marathon bombing and the 2009 Fort Hood shooting—both carried out by radical Muslim Americans.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:22 AM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,911 times
Quote:
There's a few things I want to say about this.

First of all, "more Americans die at the hands of Muslim extremists" is a weird sentence. More than what? Compared to what? If we're just basing this on a lump sum of Americans who have been killed by extremists since 1776, that number will always go up, or at least never go down. People can't un-die.

I noticed he also pointed out that ISIS applauded their actions. So? Does this surprise anyone? It's basically meaningless trivia. It doesn't mean ISIS had anything to do with the attack. Sort of like when Americans celebrate that Russian guy who kills journalists who say bad things about him; doesn't make them Russians. Doesn't mean Putin cares about those Americans.

I'll say again, terrorism, and Islamic terrorism is no exception, thrives when it's given attention. If every time a Muslim lunatic pulls a trigger, it makes the nightly news for a week, do you think that's really a good way to combat terrorism? O'riley's quick to criticize Obama for being soft on terrorism, which isn't necessarily an invalid criticism, but does he take the time to acknowledge his own contributions to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or