U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Status: "Trumpism is a mental disorder" (set 19 days ago)
 
9,420 posts, read 17,407,358 times
Reputation: 10421

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
...and they understand that if they can chip away, ever so slowly, one day we'll wake up and they will be in charge. It'll be a bland lifeless existence with neighbors spying on neighbors, distrust like a cancer, a blight on our lives. A few years ago the people in here were saying "nobody wants to take your guns, we just want better regulation and registration"... now, those same people, many of them have no problem exclaiming they now want to take all guns out of private hands. This was their end game all along.

WRONG! Strawman argument based on an unhealthy imagination.
Yep, your last line sums up the rest of your post pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Status: "Trumpism is a mental disorder" (set 19 days ago)
 
9,420 posts, read 17,407,358 times
Reputation: 10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Shall not be infringed, means the government can make no law.
The government already has tons of laws about guns, so that train has already left the station. We're talking about closing loopholes that kill people. Unless you're a felon, mental patient, or something else you need to hide, I don't see what the problem is.

The not-giving-an-inch arguments are pure childishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 12:51 PM
 
29,605 posts, read 16,342,548 times
Reputation: 13734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The government already has tons of laws about guns, so that train has already left the station. We're talking about closing loopholes that kill people. Unless you're a felon, mental patient, or something else you need to hide, I don't see what the problem is.

The not-giving-an-inch arguments are pure childishness.
I guess you want to ignore that terms like felon, mental patient and having something else to hide are fluid.
It's easy to become a "felon" for a non violent act in America, "mental illness" is not an agreed upon assessment and "having something else to hide" is not even worth addressing as reason to deny gun ownership

It's because of dangerous sell outs like you that we need to "not give an inch"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,976 posts, read 7,745,631 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
That seems to work both ways. Some won't be satisfied until everyone carries and the final decision in a dispute will be decided by gunfire...
I don't knows single firearm owner who wants to force anyone to carry a firearm. What we want is to not be denied our right to carry because the antigun crowd can't understand reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Status: "Trumpism is a mental disorder" (set 19 days ago)
 
9,420 posts, read 17,407,358 times
Reputation: 10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I guess you want to ignore that terms like felon, mental patient and having something else to hide are fluid.
It's easy to become a "felon" for a non violent act in America, "mental illness" is not an agreed upon assessment and "having something else to hide" is not even worth addressing as reason to deny gun ownership
I'm actually talking about violent felons. I don't have an issue with non-violent felons. Lots of states make a distinction between the two. I guess you don't know that.
Quote:
It's because of dangerous sell outs like you that we need to "not give an inch"


It's NRA mule-heads like you that give socially responsible gun enthusiasts a bad name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:34 PM
 
29,605 posts, read 16,342,548 times
Reputation: 13734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm actually talking about violent felons. I don't have an issue with non-violent felons. Lots of states make a distinction between the two. I guess you don't know that.


It's NRA mule-heads like you that give socially responsible gun enthusiasts a bad name.
Lol I don't belong to the NRA, they compromise too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,688,986 times
Reputation: 5617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm pro-gun. I have several of them and have concealed carry permits in three states. To get my CCW permits, I had to undergo extensive background checks as well as attend compulsory training classes.

However, I absolutely detest the NRA's knee-jerk policy of lobbying against any and all form of gun control. It's idiotic to say that mental patients and people on government no-fly lists should still have access to weapons. The excuse that such laws violate the rights of these people doesn't wash. If the gov doesn't want them to fly, I sure as hell don't want them around me toting guns. If they're on this lists erroneously, that's their problem to get fixed.

How the hell can you say you need guns to protect yourself when you support EVERYONEs right to guns regardless if they're mental cases, felons, immigrants on federal watch lists.

I'm armed and squeaky clean. If you're not squeaky clean as well, you get no sympathy from me if you can't get a gun.

Wake-up fellow gun owners. You're being duped by the NRA who is compromising YOUR safety.



About as "Pro-Gun" as I am a Martian. No one cares what anti-gun folks think of the NRA, and there are plenty of us that support them and will fight with them to keep the Radical anti-gun Nuts from any thing they want to pass as Law. Don't care what it is.


If not for the NRA, you would not be "Squeaky Clean" because you would be a Criminal that possessed Guns. Wake up, your being "duped by people who want to Ban "Scary Looking Guns."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,688,986 times
Reputation: 5617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

It's NRA mule-heads like you that give socially responsible gun enthusiasts a bad name.


I was thinking the same thing about folks who pretend to be Gun Enthusiasts, but are Anti-Gun folks in sheep's clothing. I think that term would be sheeple?


If they have an agenda, then they should stand by it, as they are, and not try to pass off as "one of the guys" as if no one recognizes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,688,986 times
Reputation: 5617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Wayne of the NRA sure lives the good life as he laughs all the way to the bank with a big sack of NRA dues as his salary!

Good for him, as long as he keeps the coyotes away. That's what we pay dues for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2015, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,688,986 times
Reputation: 5617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So then you're OK with a mental patient with a history of random violence having an arsenal of weapons living next door to you?

Or how about a house full of Syrian refugees with guns. You good with that too? You going to turn Liberal all of a sudden and worry about their rights as well?

So then your OK with some Kook telling you that you can't own a gun because its "Scary Looking?"




Why aren't you on a thread complaining about these "Refugee" Potential Terrorists being imported to buy those guns? Seems to me you would want to worry about the person that may kill you, instead of "what" he was going to kill you with. Doesn't that make more sense to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top