Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 06:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh please. Get off your soap box. The NRA does not go against gun control they encourage the existing laws to be enforced before more knee-jerk reaction laws are put in place. Just because someone is on a "no-fly" list does NOT mean they did anything. Innocent people have ended up on that list too for absolutely no other reason other than they shared the name of someone. BTW, why doesn't the NICS check system tie in with the terror watch lists? Let a flag come up, but if they aren't guilty of anything let them have it and make a notation in the database that they now have a gun, then if they are proven guilty of something that gun can be seized. What if someone THINKS you are threat and you did nothing and you got your CCW's pulled? Would you just accept that and say "oh well"? I doubt it. Your post is delusional, maybe you shouldn't have any weapons, non the less CCW's in that many states.
Oh please. The NRA has turned into a sales org working for the gun and gun accessories industry. Their only aim is to spur the sales of more products that their primary supporters sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Just had a local story where a man last week shot a 17 year old high school student and killed him. The youth was trying to rob him and was armed and had two accomplices who also attacked the man. No charges will be filed( self defense) and the two accomplices are in jail on $100,000 bond each. They'll go up on homicide charges.
People are arming themselves more than ever before. Instead of foolishly trying to stop the sale and ownership of firearms, how about trying to prevent the causes of making people want firearms? On the left, all you do is create problems and then complain about those trying to solve them.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:10 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm pro-gun. I have several of them and have concealed carry permits in three states. To get my CCW permits, I had to undergo extensive background checks as well as attend compulsory training classes.

However, I absolutely detest the NRA's knee-jerk policy of lobbying against any and all form of gun control. It's idiotic to say that mental patients and people on government no-fly lists should still have access to weapons. The excuse that such laws violate the rights of these people doesn't wash. If the gov doesn't want them to fly, I sure as hell don't want them around me toting guns. If they're on this lists erroneously, that's their problem to get fixed.

How the hell can you say you need guns to protect yourself when you support EVERYONEs right to guns regardless if they're mental cases, felons, immigrants on federal watch lists.

I'm armed and squeaky clean. If you're not squeaky clean as well, you get no sympathy from me if you can't get a gun.

Wake-up fellow gun owners. You're being duped by the NRA who is compromising YOUR safety.
Great I knew there were some other gun owners with common sense.

I got the fingerprint, background , mental health check before I could buy so should everybody else.

I am more afraid of wackos who can't pass a background check carrying a gun, than I am of any terrorists.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:14 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh please. The NRA has turned into a sales org working for the gun and gun accessories industry. Their only aim is to spur the sales of more products that their primary supporters sell.
Obama has been responsible for more gun sales in the past 7 years than the NRA.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:20 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Great I knew there were some other gun owners with common sense.

I got the fingerprint, background , mental health check before I could buy so should everybody else.

I am more afraid of wackos who can't pass a background check carrying a gun, than I am of any terrorists.
Did you get the tattoo and microchip too? lol pathetic.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Really??Where do you live or hang out?I've been around gun guys my whole life,lived in five different states, and i've never known anyone that feels the way that 'many of your friends' do.
But you've always had guns. Why would it become a debate with you? Try telling your friends that you see no reason to own a gun and see what they say... I live in Florida.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Seems to me you should think it out and try again. You don't need an "Agenda" when you have a Constitutional Right. You do need and "Agenda" if your trying to squash the Constitution.

Gun owners are perfectly fine with what their forefathers set up for them. Seems you folks aren't, so who here has the "Agenda?"

Can you twist that Logic and Fact to fit your Agenda?
Try looking up the meaning of the word. If you're conscious, you have an agenda.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All unconstitutional, by the very wording of the amendment. I do not abide by any laws government issues on weapons. I would not be free with liberty if I did.

Government doesn't get to tell free people what weapon they may keep or bear, for any reason.
How do you keep the kids away from the suitcase nuke?

Old 12-06-2015, 08:08 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
How do you keep the kids away from the suitcase nuke?
Do know anyone who has one?
Obama has bombed seven countries, the kids might have more restraint.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Do know anyone who has one?
Obama has bombed seven countries, the kids might have more restraint.
That was a facetious remark aimed at a very general statement about weapons. Only frightened and paranoid people lose their sense of humor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies