Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:29 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The following quote by gun control advocate Josh Sugarman tells you all you need to know about gun control advocates and their tactics....

"""The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons"""

Absolutely, you see the confusion whenever gun control is discussed no matter the format. You've seen it in this thread.

The leaders know about firearms. Many of the echo chamber followers? Not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:30 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Absolutely, you see the confusion whenever gun control is discussed no matter the format. You've seen it in this thread.

The leaders know about firearms. Many of the echo chamber followers? Not so much.
Frankly I am not so sure political leaders have any idea what they are trying to regulate. Here in MA we see a lack of understanding of current laws frequently from politicians.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:15 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,854,424 times
New York Times Asks For Gun Turn-In

Another stupid idea, I can just see criminals and terrorists waiting in line and very anxious to turn in their guns.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:16 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

There are two types of gun control advocates.... The ignorant, and the deceptive.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am not familiar with them but if all 3 have are semi-automatic, capable of the same firing rate as an AR-15 and a 20 round clip easily detachable then yes they all should be banned.

Now answer my question do you think the AR-15 should be banned?
Absolutely NOT, why? Plain and simple, because banning them won't keep them out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. Murder is banned, did it ever stop the bad guys from killing others throughout the ages?

I use my AR-15, and M1-A match grade rifles for competitive and recreational shooting and I enjoy shooting paper targets 200-300 yards away, just like all law-abiding citizens, who have no intention of harming others with such weapons, unless we have to defend ourselves.

You won't understand why because you're not familiar with the AR-15 and other semi-auto rifles, the bottom line is, you are free to ban guns from your house, let me keep mine.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM

Here's a reminder for the NY Times and others who want to ban guns or create more restrictive laws. Remember Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tse-Tung, and Pol Pot, as well as others who didn't believe in civilians' rights to bear arms?

Those who don't know or don't remember history are bound to repeat it.

Gun Control Hall of Fame

Old 12-09-2015, 12:56 AM

699 posts, read 610,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
All this shows is most gun owners are law breakers who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law they are breaking.
Was Rosa Parks a criminal for not sitting at the back of the bus? Should she be prosecuted to the "fullest extent of the law"

Old 12-09-2015, 05:09 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,982,813 times
Any of you that agree with the Times article might be interested to learn that the papers publisher has a NY concealed carry permit.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 AM

57,220 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Absolutely NOT, why? Plain and simple, because banning them won't keep them out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. Murder is banned, did it ever stop the bad guys from killing others throughout the ages?

I use my AR-15, and M1-A match grade rifles for competitive and recreational shooting and I enjoy shooting paper targets 200-300 yards away, just like all law-abiding citizens, who have no intention of harming others with such weapons, unless we have to defend ourselves.

You won't understand why because you're not familiar with the AR-15 and other semi-auto rifles, the bottom line is, you are free to ban guns from your house, let me keep mine.
Why do we need the perfect law when it comes to guns, that isn't the standard for any other law we develop. Justifying a gun because it has civilian recreational use is not a solid reason for keeping it on the market. There is only one difference between the M16 and the AR-15 and other semi-automatic guns.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:37 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why do we need the perfect law when it comes to guns, that isn't the standard for any other law we develop. Justifying a gun because it has civilian recreational use is not a solid reason for keeping it on the market. There is only one difference between the M16 and the AR-15 and other semi-automatic guns.

Just because a steak knife makes it easier to eat steak doesn't justify your right to own the deadliest weapon in the history of mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies