Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 10:00 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
The shooters were PAKISTANI. Farook was born in the US and his wife came to America on a visa.

Get your facts together.

The problem with these, supposedly Syrians, is that none of them have papers to indicate were thy are from. They could be from anywhere, or could be anybody, as far as we would know. So what difference does it make if this Trash was Pakistani. Doesn't mean Syrians or whatever they are, will be Radical free. You have 10,000 Muslims coming from a Terrorist and Islamic Extremist Hotbed. Does one really believe none of them hate us or lean toward fundamental Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Do you have this sort of reaction when a white supremacist shoots up a church?

I'll answer that for you, no you don't.

So I'll just ask a simple question: why?

DUH, Because no one is proposing "Importing" 10,000 White Supremacists from some Terrorist hotbed. How about that for the "Why."

Old 12-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
his job paid $58k, it's only when you add in the projected value of his pension that you get to 70K . I don't know if you missed this but he was not a refugee, he was a US citizen, he was born in the US. I don't know where you got the stuff about taking time off to go pray or getting a month's paid vacation to go to Saudi Arabia, but I can guarantee you that if he took time off to pray he either did that in lieu of his breaks/lunch hour or he was docked pay for it. I'm not sure how much paid vacation he received, but again he didn't get more vacation than any other worker, and if he didn't have enough leave to go on his trip then he would have had his pay docked for any time when he didn't have leave to cover it.

Who really gives a crap? Did you know this Creep? Is that supposed to improve this creeps image? Are you saying he was just like all the rest of the people there?

The clown was a Murdering Piece of Garbage. He died way too quick. It should have been slow and painful for both of them.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The problem with these, supposedly Syrians, is that none of them have papers to indicate were thy are from. They could be from anywhere, or could be anybody, as far as we would know. So what difference does it make if this Trash was Pakistani. Doesn't mean Syrians or whatever they are, will be Radical free. You have 10,000 Muslims coming from a Terrorist and Islamic Extremist Hotbed. Does one really believe none of them hate us or lean toward fundamental Islam?
Most of them do have papers, I know Syrians who immigrated here (not as refugees) and became Citizens they all had paperwork to prove who they were. But the thing to keep in mind about refugees is that they spend 2-3 years off-shore in a refugee camp, they can't pick the country they will be sent to, they are told where they are going, and that happens toward the end of their vetting. Does it make any sense that a terrorist would sit in a refugee camp for 2-3 years with the plan of harming the US only find out they are going to Uruguay or Argentina? I hope we look at our student, tourist and spouse/fiancee visas those are where we are the most vulnerable, and the Visa waiver program renders us vulnerable to just about any terrorist who wants to come into the US

Old 12-05-2015, 10:29 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Most of them do have papers, I know Syrians who immigrated here (not as refugees) and became Citizens they all had paperwork to prove who they were. But the thing to keep in mind about refugees is that they spend 2-3 years off-shore in a refugee camp, they can't pick the country they will be sent to, they are told where they are going, and that happens toward the end of their vetting. Does it make any sense that a terrorist would sit in a refugee camp for 2-3 years with the plan of harming the US only find out they are going to Uruguay or Argentina? I hope we look at our student, tourist and spouse/fiancee visas those are where we are the most vulnerable, and the Visa waiver program renders us vulnerable to just about any terrorist who wants to come into the US
The vast majority of Syrians are going to Europe. Yes, it makes sense for ISIS to infiltrate the ranks.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Who really gives a crap? Did you know this Creep? Is that supposed to improve this creeps image? Are you saying he was just like all the rest of the people there? The clown was a Murdering Piece of Garbage. He died way too quick. It should have been slow and painful for both of them.
My comment was in response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The attack should effect both our discussion on gun control and immigration, student visas, and Refugees. The shooter was treated like a king by America. Paid $70k per year, allowed to leave work to pray, got one month's paid vacation to Saudi Arabia, and the coworkers he killed had a baby shower for him. You can't make everyone love you. The notion that Muslims will all suddenly love America if we just let a few refugees in is childish and dangerous. Some people are pure evil.
Geezus, back off. It wasn't addressed to you and it's a real stretch to infer that I am trying to improve his image.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The vast majority of Syrians are going to Europe. Yes, it makes sense for ISIS to infiltrate the ranks.
I am not talking about refugees going to Europe. Most European Countries accept them directly and screen them after they have made entry. We don't do that, but I expect you already knew that and are just dodging the issue I raised, you know the truth that messes up your narrative about 'dangerous refugees' because anyone in their right mind knows how absurd it is to think that a terrorist will sit in a refugee camp for years not even knowing what country they will be sent to, especially when there are far easier ways for a terrorist to get into the US

Old 12-06-2015, 12:04 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, so that means there should be no problem with the Syrian so-called refugees. OK
Where did I say that? Oh, wait, that's you making an ASSumption.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:09 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
I am not talking about refugees going to Europe. Most European Countries accept them directly and screen them after they have made entry. We don't do that, but I expect you already knew that and are just dodging the issue I raised, you know the truth that messes up your narrative about 'dangerous refugees' because anyone in their right mind knows how absurd it is to think that a terrorist will sit in a refugee camp for years not even knowing what country they will be sent to, especially when there are far easier ways for a terrorist to get into the US
Even if ISIS has not infiltrated them, there is a certain percentage of these refugees that will be radical. It's a statistical fact.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:07 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
The radicals/terrorists are already here. While people were endlessly whining about Hispanics and others found it harder to get here, the U.S. had the door open for those coming from largely Muslim nations.

The U.S. closed the door on poor Haitians, who are predominantly Catholic with some orisha practitioners. These people come here, learn English and work. But they are turned away by the boatloads. And God forbid the Dreamers, who are largely Mexican, are naturalized.

But nothing about those coming in from the Middle East and Asia. They are deemed more acceptable to the masses.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies