Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, more like this Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations

I’m very concerned about immigration to this country from countries that have hotbeds of jihadism and hotbeds of this Islamism. There was a program in place that Bush had put in place—it stood for entry-exit program from about 25 different countries with a lot of Islamic radicals, frankly. I think there does need to be heightened scrutiny. Nobody has a right to come to America, so this isn’t something that we can say ‘oh their rights are being violated.’ It’s a privilege to come to America and we need to thoroughly screen those who are coming.

I’m for increasing scrutiny on people who come on student visas from the 25 countries that have significant jihadism. Also, any kind of permanent visas or green cards, we need to be very careful. I don’t think we’re being careful enough with who we let in.

Rand Paul: Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations
You did not say 'increase scrutiny, you said: No tourist visa, restrict immigration, no travel visas. That is NOT what Rand Paul said. Here is what you said:
Quote:
Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations all 25 of them, no tourist visa, no traveling visa. Just like what they did during ww2. When two nations are at war, there will be no diplomatic relations between the two. Why unconventional warfare should be any different? There is no such a thing as "political correct" war. Either you don't start any war, or you do everything to win it.
and here is what Rand Paul said: (from YOUR link)"we need to have heightened security" -which by the way is something that I have argued for in many threads

“I’m going to have our subcommittee and maybe committee in Homeland Security look into whether or not we could reinstitute this NSEERS [National Security Entry Exit Registration System] program—it was entry-exit program that was heightened scrutiny for 25 predominantly Muslim countries that have significant jihadist movements and anti-American sentiment in their country,” Paul said. “We need increased scrutiny on those countries before those people come to our country to visit or permanently. We have to have heightened scrutiny.”

Do you not see the difference between what YOU said and what HE said? When you use a source to support your claim, it's helpful if it actually does so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Were his parents citizens? Just asking.
So you are suggesting we kick people out of the US whose parents were born in another Country? What about those whose grandparents were born in another country, or great grandparents? Just asking

Old 12-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, there are significant differences between Islamophobia and Criticism of Islam. Woodrow is a great guy, even he said there are different types of Muslims. (don't remember his exact words) We exchanged conversations several times here on city data and he is a very honorable guy, I don't think most have problems with him, and they shouldn't. He also served honorably in the military, and so do many Muslim Americans. I don't think most have problems with this type of Muslims at all. But most people are not islamophobic. Islam is not above all religion, and it should be receiving criticism just like every other religion.
But when you suggest not allowing the Citizens of 25 nations to immigrate or even get visas to the US, how can you claim that is anything other than Islamaphobia?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Not every religion has a pope figure, yet the vast majority of adherents hold certain beliefs. Your argument doesn't hold true.
Do they? Do you have proof of that or are we to believe it because you claimed it?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You did not say 'increase scrutiny, you said: No tourist visa, restrict immigration, no travel visas. That is NOT what Rand Paul said. Here is what you said:

and here is what Rand Paul said: (from YOUR link)"we need to have heightened security" -which by the way is something that I have argued for in many threads

“I’m going to have our subcommittee and maybe committee in Homeland Security look into whether or not we could reinstitute this NSEERS [National Security Entry Exit Registration System] program—it was entry-exit program that was heightened scrutiny for 25 predominantly Muslim countries that have significant jihadist movements and anti-American sentiment in their country,” Paul said. “We need increased scrutiny on those countries before those people come to our country to visit or permanently. We have to have heightened scrutiny.”

Do you not see the difference between what YOU said and what HE said? When you use a source to support your claim, it's helpful if it actually does so
Okay fair enough.

If it is up to me, then I will say NO tourist visa NO student visa from ALl 25 Muslim countries.

But I also know it is NOT realistic, so I will go with Rand Paul's plan in real world.

Happy?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
But when you suggest not allowing the Citizens of 25 nations to immigrate or even get visas to the US, how can you claim that is anything other than Islamaphobia?
well, Do it temporarily, just like they did it to Japan and Germany during ww2. When there are wars between the two nations, diplomatic relationships will be ended. This will eliminate a lot of problems. If you want to call that phobia, then call that phobia.

For people already here, treat them with human decency. It is not like somebody will go to the internment camp simply because they are Muslims. sheesh.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:50 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Do they? Do you have proof of that or are we to believe it because you claimed it?
There are many religions without a figurehead to guide them yet they all don't 'misunderstand' their religion like Muslims do.
99% of worldwide terrorist groups are Muslim.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...rrorist_groups

The Leftist apologist for Islam are so blind in their support.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
You are an apologist for Islam.
Oh, OK. Nice "talking" to you. Walking away slowly.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The Leftist apologist for Islam are so blind in their support.
Every single one of your posts seems to be predicated upon two things; your unsupported opinion and your rabid hatred for the left..I'm out, have a nice day buh bye

Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Every single one of your posts seems to be predicated upon two things; your unsupported opinion and your rabid hatred for the left..I'm out, have a nice day buh bye
You are only proving my point each time you post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies