U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
Merry Christmas 57 52.29%
Happy Holidays 27 24.77%
I like pie 25 22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 08:11 AM

4,733 posts, read 1,962,883 times

Advertisements

Yesterday morning CBS news reported that Christmas lights could interfere with your WIFI connection. If this was isolated it could be ignored.
--- Shut up CBS.

Then I get to work and I find out that the building manager is telling people to take down Christmas decorations that are in plain sight.
--- I will be decorating my cubicle on Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 08:17 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,362,914 times
Colleges also put out their sensitivity warnings about "Christmas".

One college said bow decorations are ok but no red or green bows.
Another college suggested skipping holiday decorations (won't say Christmas) and decorate for New Year's instead.

There's a definite War on Christmas now. And it all started off with "No nativity scenes in public places" many years ago. Now it's the tree, the lights, the colors.

University Holiday Guidelines -- Anything Religious Should Be Avoided | National Review Online
“University members are reminded to be respectful of the religious diversity of our students and colleagues and are encouraged to use an inclusive approach . . . focusing on the winter season rather than a particular holiday,” it advised.

http://campusreform.org/?ID=7056

Old 12-05-2015, 08:19 AM

10,487 posts, read 6,183,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Yesterday morning CBS news reported that Christmas lights could interfere with your WIFI connection. If this was isolated it could be ignored.
--- Shut up CBS.

Then I get to work and I find out that the building manager is telling people to take down Christmas decorations that are in plain sight.
Wow! What a war that has been unleashed upon you!

If I were you, I would quit your job. I would also avoid such news sites as CBS, NBC, CNN or those that also published this story about Christmas lights and wifi, such as:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ing-your-wifi/

Do Christmas Lights Affect Your WiFi Connection

Christmas Lights Could Be Slowing Your Wi-Fi Connection - Fortune

Christmas lights can disrupt wifi, warns Talk Talk - Telegraph

Deck the halls and block the wifi . . .

Take a stand!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:21 AM

369 posts, read 154,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
“University members are reminded to be respectful of the religious diversity of our students and colleagues and are encouraged to use an inclusive approach . . . focusing on the winter season rather than a particular holiday,” it advised.
Not everyone wants to participate in your religious festivals. That's not a war on anything, it's called "freedom."

Old 12-05-2015, 08:23 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,032,964 times
The Jihadists and Leftists share a disdain for this particular holiday. Another common cause.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
Not everyone wants to participate in your religious festivals. That's not a war on anything, it's called "freedom."
Freedom to deny others from decorating ?

That's not freedom at all and that sure isn't "tolerance" is it ?

Old 12-05-2015, 08:27 AM

474 posts, read 494,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
Actually, many people do want to participate culturally, and the approach is one of suppression against those who do want to celebrate.

Others celebrating should not be such a threat that you have to suppress any expression on their part and oppress those who would like to celebrate.

Perhaps rather than searching for grievance all centered on yourself, you could be more tolerant and charitable and enjoy the diversity of holiday expressions around you rather than seeking to destroy anything that YOU disagree with.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:28 AM

22,122 posts, read 9,408,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
--- Shut up CBS.

Is this a Rodney Dangerfield routine?

There are a lot of real wars in progress around the globe. Homes destroyed, people being tortured and slaughtered and, oh yeah, bombed.

Sorry about your xmas decoration issues.

Last edited by Enigma777; 12-05-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 12-05-2015, 08:29 AM

While the US further tries to suppress the Christmas holidays cities and towns in Europe decorate to the hilt.

Best Christmas Cities in Europe | Travel Away

Old 12-05-2015, 08:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 6,972,397 times
Leftists hate diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or