U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,706,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well yes those 700,000 on the terror watch list could be afforded due process and about 5-10 years from now we could address the list as it stands today, or we could temporarily remove their right to own a gun and they could demonstrate that this was a mistake.

I guess we will just wait for the next attack.

So you want something like what McCarthy had during his "Commie Hunts?" Your on the "List" (Suspension of Constitutional Rights)until you can prove your not a "Commie.?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 08:09 PM

4,194 posts, read 2,491,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Do you believe in reading tea leaves? I do... I have read them and I am going to tell you the foreseeable future. The president will come out and demand a ban. This will bring about mass hysteria buying by people who would ordinarily even consider buying a firearm of any kind. Frankly, some of these people have no business owning one, but they will, thanks to the threat of a ban. Over the last 7 years, more weapons have been sold than at any time in history, all thanks to threatened gun bans and gun restrictions. So go ahead and continue the call for gun bans and new gun laws and continue helping the president distribute even more weapons to the general uneducated public......
There have bčen more background checks. There hasnt always been background checks. You used to be able to buy guns at almost any store. But ince feds got involved , prices of ammo and guns have been slowly climbing. I am glad I bought new AR and lots of ammo two days. before the latest terrorist attack

Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM

33,067 posts, read 13,956,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ok again, WHERE IS THE DUE PROCESS???? you CANNOT restrict ones rights WITHOUT due process. how would you like it if the government put you on some kind of watch list and said you cant go anywhere outside of a certain area just because we think you will cause problems? oh, and you were put on the list both mistakenly and without proper due process, and there is NO legal recourse to get your name removed from the list due to national security concerns?

or suppose the government cut off your internet and phone because you are on a government watch list, again no recourse to get off the list.

why is it that either side wants to restrict the rights of the people just because?
They are already restricted from flying and most probably don't even own a gun. Asking the courts to go after 700,000 people is a non-starter. Yes they could devise a system to have their name removed, that is the discussion as part of the bill that was voted down.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:13 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,826,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are already restricted from flying and most probably don't even own a gun. Asking the courts to go after 700,000 people is a non-starter. Yes they could devise a system to have their name removed, that is the discussion as part of the bill that was voted down.
So than why exactly are we going to restrict their rights? To make you feel safe? Due process is for squares?

Old 12-06-2015, 08:15 PM

66,581 posts, read 33,830,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
What do you own? Bolt Action 22?

The most dangerous gun ever produced!!!

I rim fire bolt action... YIKES!

Old 12-06-2015, 08:18 PM

4,194 posts, read 2,491,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The most dangerous gun ever produced!!!

I rim fire bolt action... YIKES!
According to FBI 22 and 25 caliber kill more than any other round in USA. And 10/22 Ruger is an awesome rifle for hunting varmints.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
There have bčen more background checks. There hasnt always been background checks. You used to be able to buy guns at almost any store. But ince feds got involved , prices of ammo and guns have been slowly climbing. I am glad I bought new AR and lots of ammo two days. before the latest terrorist attack

I have guns ordered through Sears & Robuck Catalog. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. and delivered to my door, via the United States Postal Service(the mailman)

What the F*ck changed and who changed the 2nd amendment? I distinctly remember telling government long ago. NO, you cannot legislate arms.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:25 PM

13,689 posts, read 8,594,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
2A aside, what laws that arent already on the books would you like to see implemented?
The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, S. 498 and HR 923. This law would give anyone licensed in any state the right to carry a concealed weapon in any other state. So my license in Mississippi would be honored in California. Same as my Driver License.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 PM

9,832 posts, read 5,851,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, S. 498 and HR 923. This law would give anyone licensed in any state the right to carry a concealed weapon in any other state. So my license in Mississippi would be honored in California. Same as my Driver License.
I've been waiting for that one to pass myself....

Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Why must I beg for my civil rights?

Government can make NO LAWS regarding my ability to make, distribute, obtain, have, carry, or use of arms.

The fox is forbidden from watching the hen house on that issue and it is very clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies