U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 04:14 PM

4,194 posts, read 2,491,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Here ya go:

• a 72-hour waiting period for prospective gun buyers
  • prospective gun owners must receive information about alternative to guns, like “peaceful and nonviolent conflict resolution.”
  • prospective gun owners must meet with a licensed physician to discuss the risks of gun ownership
  • prospective gun owners must tour an emergency trauma center treating victims of gun violence, meet with at least two families affected by gun violence, and talk to two local faith leaders who have performed funerals for children who have been killed by guns.
  • after 72-hour waiting period, require prospective gun buyers find a licensed firearm dealer located at least 120 miles from their home to purchase their gun
  • after gun purchase, new gun owner must watch a 30-minute video in the presence of the firearm dealer that details fatal gun injuries and review information about alternatives to purchasing a firearm.

Oh. Wait a minute. Sorry. Got this confused with the kinds of the hoops women have to jump through to get an abortion. My bad.
Yep, your bad..
But when they have an abortion they are killing something. ANd the emotional pain is quite a bit for some women once completed.. They need to be very aware of the action they are taking.
Guns are a part of many peoples lives growing up. From the first BB gun to their first hunting experience. They are taught from an early age to appreciate and respect the gun and its uses, as it is a tool. Kinda like you should teach your sons/daughters to use contraception or abstain so you wont need an abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 04:17 PM

22,764 posts, read 16,845,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So we should discuss what gun laws we would like to see, but without the emotion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Yes, you cant put emotion into infringing on a right. Malitia Act of 1792 part 2 says all men over 18 were required to have the same weapons the military had at the time. We should reenact that cause its awesome..
And just because guns scare you, that isnt reason to make them all pink and shoot cotton balls.
1) I hardly doubt that neko mimi is "scared" of guns.

2) You missed her point. You ask people to discuss, without emotion, a topic by using emotion. "Like" is an emotion.

3) In your response discussing what you meant by "not using emotion", you used emotion: "cause it's awesome".

Old 12-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
1) I hardly doubt that neko mimi is "scared" of guns.

2) You missed her point. You ask people to discuss, without emotion, a topic by using emotion. "Like" is an emotion.

3) In your response discussing what you meant by "not using emotion", you used emotion: "cause it's awesome".
Emotionally driven laws arent the way laws should be written. Liking a law, versus agreeing to sound principals are two different things. Our laws arent likable. They are a compromise.. Nothing to like about that. Most are infringements.
Yes,, I was being sarcastic. But not emotionally driven.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You discussed 2A in your argument.
Its in relation to the Main Topic. Its a given. I was pointing out something to you..Its a right, not a law to infringe or tighten it.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:26 PM

18,891 posts, read 7,353,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No guns for:
-recent immigrants (i.e. not citizens)
-people who have been to a terrorist country in the past 10 years (other than armed forces, US government employees)
-people with mental illness
-people with criminal history

I would add people who live with or are related to (family or marriage) anyone who has ever been to a terrorist nation.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I would add people who live with or are related to (family or marriage) anyone who has ever been to a terrorist nation.
Obama has, prior to his presidency... He owns the military...

Old 12-05-2015, 04:31 PM

6,958 posts, read 7,788,225 times
1). Federal concealed carry permits on a shall issue basis, meaning that unless you are restricted from owning a firearm for legal reasons you will be issued a CCW that is recognized in every state.

2). Remove the restriction on nonviolent felons owning a firearm once they have served their sentence.

3). Mandated firearms safety courses in public schools, starting with basic safety in elementary school and culminating with function and operation in high school.

4). Life imprisonment with no parole for anyone who isconvicted of a violent crime using a firearm.

There are a few laws that would help.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:41 PM

4,307 posts, read 1,853,239 times
Quote:
Yes, you cant put emotion into infringing on a right. Malitia Act of 1792 part 2 says all men over 18 were required to have the same weapons the military had at the time. We should reenact that cause its awesome..
And just because guns scare you, that isnt reason to make them all pink and shoot cotton balls.
I don't know where you got the idea that I'm for gun control. The point I was making is that the whole concept of "liking" something is emotion-based.

People like you who make assumptions about my ideology based on nothing are making the rest of us conservatives look bad. You act more like someone from the Obama-voter crowd.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I don't know where you got the idea that I'm for gun control. The point I was making is that the whole concept of "liking" something is emotion-based.

People like you who make assumptions about my ideology based on nothing are making the rest of us conservatives look bad. You act more like someone from the Obama-voter crowd.
Okay, lets chalk it up as a misinterpretation on my side. I apologize. I am definitely not an Obama voter type.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:45 PM

18,891 posts, read 7,353,404 times
Quote:
Obama has, prior to his presidency... He owns the military...

Thank God only for 14 more months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies