U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 02:49 PM

4,184 posts, read 2,477,424 times

Advertisements

2A aside, what laws that arent already on the books would you like to see implemented?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 02:52 PM

44,425 posts, read 17,746,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
2A aside, what laws that arent already on the books would you like to see implemented?
NONE

Gun Control Fallacy
  • Thugs, Criminals and Terrorists use guns to break laws. <---- FACT
so
  • Lets create more laws to stop Thugs, Criminals and Terrorists from using guns. <---- The Big FALLACY

(the only argument I have ever gotten against this consisted of insult)

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 12-05-2015 at 03:14 PM..

Old 12-05-2015, 02:57 PM

13,824 posts, read 12,589,582 times
No guns for:
-recent immigrants (i.e. not citizens)
-people who have been to a terrorist country in the past 10 years (other than armed forces, US government employees)
-people with mental illness
-people with criminal history

Old 12-05-2015, 02:58 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,938,052 times
Quote:
I agree with WaldoKitty -NONE!

In fact, we need to have many laws repealed entirely. Many states are abusing their hold laws to confiscate guns, which is unconstitutional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No guns for:
-people who have been to a terrorist country in the past 10 years (other than armed forces, US government employees)
Who defines who is and what is a mental illness? Currently, someone who talks about believing in ghosts, aliens, big foot, the constitution, or any number of things any health professional (including your dentist) can claim a person mentally ill. Scenario: a drunk wife or husband claims the spouse wants to kill themselves. The cops instantly remove all weapons from the home, and place BOTH on the DHS mental list, regardless of the truth. Guilty before innocent when it comes to mental health these days.

What if in public you say "you're killing me" (like the commercial "you're killin me Larry!)... if someone overhears you, they can call the cops and claim you were asking the person to kill you.

Things are crazy with the so-called metal health services business.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:59 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,691,661 times
Quote:

None. Enough of them already. I would like to see States rights, and Local Rights, to regulate Firearms removed. Only Federal Laws should apply, as indicated in the Constitution and what was already on the list of the ATF Ban, such as Machine Guns, rocket launchers, etc.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:03 PM

4,199 posts, read 1,813,032 times
So we should discuss what gun laws we would like to see, but without the emotion?

Old 12-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No guns for:
Expound upon criminal history. A parking ticket is a crime..
Mental illness? Depressed due to lost loved one? Forever?
Been to a territory? Hmm, I am retired Military and have been to Bahrain, Romania, Dubai, and some other European countries since retiring.
Immigrants arent allowed weapons, and in some states you cant buy unless you are a land owner in that state, with exception for military etc.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:06 PM

639 posts, read 395,868 times
Confiscating guns? degenerating in 3,2,1.......

Old 12-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So we should discuss what gun laws we would like to see, but without the emotion?
Yes, you cant put emotion into infringing on a right. Malitia Act of 1792 part 2 says all men over 18 were required to have the same weapons the military had at the time. We should reenact that cause its awesome..
And just because guns scare you, that isnt reason to make them all pink and shoot cotton balls.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Confiscating guns? degenerating in 3,2,1.......
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Common Sense Gun laws. Discuss without emotion..-tmcf9oyh.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies