U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 11:19 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You mean once Texas became its own nation, you could count on Texas to ban homosexuality and abortion along with banning the teaching of evolution in schools, ban Muslims and the lifting of all gun restrictions?
Interesting conclusion Townie. Where do you draw that from? I would like to see the link.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:20 AM

225 posts, read 106,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You mean once Texas became its own nation, you could count on Texas to ban homosexuality and abortion along with banning the teaching of evolution in schools, ban Muslims and the lifting of all gun restrictions?
Pure leftist derangement.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:21 AM

5,303 posts, read 1,971,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
If secession were accomplished legally, for which I believe there is an avenue in Texas, then there is no grounds for treason charges nor military aggression.
Unilateral secession is unconstitutional and is enforceable by military intervention per the Supreme Court. The Civil War provides the precedent. The only way Texas can legally secede is to call a Constitutional Convention and have the other states grant consent for Texas to leave. Now since many people around the country find Texas to be somewhat arrogant and obnoxious about itself, some states would probably vote yes and say "good riddance" to Texas. I mean, "America's Team," really?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:21 AM

10,317 posts, read 10,319,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Mexico wouldn't even try to annex Texas.. Mexico doesn't have an effective enough army, nor could they develop one.

As for aid, as things are now, Texas is a donor state. Not a recipient state.

They don't have to invade with a Army at all.Make a Judicial Claim and send in the migrants. Claim their rights just as Israel does. No other country would even try to help them except Russia and China.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:22 AM

7,677 posts, read 8,459,135 times
Secession is illegal, it's as simple as that. I would personally take up arms against any secessionist wherever they may be found. We had a Civil War and a subsequent SCOTUS case about this issue (Texas v White 1869) all of which deemed secession to be illegal.

If Texas Republicans don't like the fact that Obama was elected president twice maybe they should take a look at why. Here's a big hint, the nation at large rejects the extremism, bigotry, and ignorance that permeates the Texas Republican Party.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:24 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,677,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The Muslim ideology paints itself just fine.

Were we also to make fine distinctions between different brands of Nazi?
Well also during World War II we feared all Japanese immigrants were sleeper cells for the Japanese government and sent them into internment camps. Isn't that what the right ismdoing with "radical Islam?" Have you met any Muslims and did they proclaim themselves as radicals?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:29 AM

11,922 posts, read 5,666,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Welp, haters gonna hate. And down here Texas way, we gots us some koo-koo birds that's a special kinda stupid.

Some manages to git elected.

Rick Perry, Greg Abbot, Dubya, Rafael Cruz, etc.

Some y'all might remember last summer's "Jade Helm" kerfuffle.

I report. You decide.

Welp ...... none of that list of "haters" had zilch to do with this Committee meeting of 7 people and the following Executive Committee meeting of 60 people. I would add that not one in a 100,000 Texans could name a single person on this Committee.

As for "report" ...... none of it was "reported" in my Daily news before this Committee meeting that practically nobody knows/cares about. It's great Pablum for both the Far Right & the Far Left.

Even the Texas Tribune (left leaning & all things political in Texas) had zilch about this upcoming Committee meeting of Texas Haters for Secession prior to the vote and reports by partisans of both stripes. I certainly agree about the "koo-koo birds" that are so uninformed - it is a "special kind of stupid", or perhaps it's just a special kind of extreme partisanship/ideology that most Texans don't fall victim to.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:29 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
They don't have to invade with a Army at all.Make a Judicial Claim and send in the migrants. Claim their rights just as Israel does. No other country would even try to help them except Russia and China.
Making a claim and enforcing a claim are two separate things. Mexico can claim anything they like, but without the power to enforce it, its claim is irrelevant. Texas would be well capable of defending itself without outside intervention against any nation that would attempt such an action.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:42 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Interesting conclusion Townie. Where do you draw that from? I would like to see the link.
They memorized the left wing talking points

Texas has always balked at left liberal policies so we have to be the bad guy.
And over the past 8 years Obama has no love lost for Texas. We're probably #1 on his hate list.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:44 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,677,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Secession is illegal, it's as simple as that. I would personally take up arms against any secessionist wherever they may be found. We had a Civil War and a subsequent SCOTUS case about this issue (Texas v White 1869) all of which deemed secession to be illegal.

If Texas Republicans don't like the fact that Obama was elected president twice maybe they should take a look at why. Here's a big hint, the nation at large rejects the extremism, bigotry, and ignorance that permeates the Texas Republican Party.
There's that too. I think this is more of symbolic gesture than truly a vote of secession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies