Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 02:20 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,116,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Black guy here:

I would not say I was there because of a quota. I simply went to the college in my hometown, and I got no scholarships. Mom worked at the university so I got a 90% discount. I got my degree in sociology.
Good for you. You are one person, and do not represent the reality we are discussing. You took the right path, and should be proud of it. You should encourage the rest of yours to do the same.

What I do on these boards is tough love. I want black people to share in the American dream, but most of them will never do so as long as they have the convenient excuses and crutches to lean on. Blacks are in last place, behind even immmigrants who come here unable to speak the language, with no social networks and only the shirts on their backs. That is not because of white racism, or a legacy of slavery. That it because the values of the black community exalt criminailty, hedonism, disobedience and violence. Effort is derided as "acting white."

Also, I noticed that you did nothing to addess just how absurdly unfair this is to whites in the face of our illegal immigration culture. So you are not concerend about what is right, only about a percieved insult to yourself?

Think it over. It is time to burn down the democratic plantation. Perhaps you can be the black Moses that leads your people out of the intellectual desert they are currently in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well thought out and written, thank you!!
Thank you, and spread the word. The day is coming to an end when we are going to tolerate politicians and judges who allow this garbage to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 04:22 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Good for you. You are one person, and do not represent the reality we are discussing. You took the right path, and should be proud of it. You should encourage the rest of yours to do the same.

What I do on these boards is tough love. I want black people to share in the American dream, but most of them will never do so as long as they have the convenient excuses and crutches to lean on. Blacks are in last place, behind even immmigrants who come here unable to speak the language, with no social networks and only the shirts on their backs. That is not because of white racism, or a legacy of slavery. That it because the values of the black community exalt criminailty, hedonism, disobedience and violence. Effort is derided as "acting white."

Also, I noticed that you did nothing to addess just how absurdly unfair this is to whites in the face of our illegal immigration culture. So you are not concerend about what is right, only about a percieved insult to yourself?

Think it over. It is time to burn down the democratic plantation. Perhaps you can be the black Moses that leads your people out of the intellectual desert they are currently in.

Thank you, and spread the word. The day is coming to an end when we are going to tolerate politicians and judges who allow this garbage to continue.
So basically African, Afro-Caribbean and Afro-Latino immigrants are not "black" then? You compare "blacks" to "immigrants" as though the former cannot be the latter. Further, the immigrants of African origin are overepresented at the nation's elite institutions.

What excuses or crutches have immigrants of African origin and their children had again? Why are you assuming every "black" person speaks English as a first language? People of African origin come from different cultures so which are you referring to?

These are the types of idiotic assumptions that people who have no origins in the U.S. have to deal with when they often begin with less and ended up with far more due to their hard work. SMH.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... social work.

Here's the problem I have with SNAP (food stamps):

Income-eligible adults with food stamps: 44% obese
Income-eligible adults without food stamps: 33% obese
Non-poor adults who of course don't even qualify for food stamps: 32% obese

Exacerbated by this fact... 59% of families on food stamps simultaneously get benefits from 2 or more major free food programs for the exact same daily meals. That fact published by the USDA OIG.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/ops/NHANES-SNAP07-10.pdf

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/27001-0001-10.pdf

All info provided by the U.S. Government.

You're instrumental to adding to our country's obesity problem and the subsequently increased rate of obesity-related illness.
Sir, I am not responsible for what every indivdual does with SNAP, I am merely doing the job that I was hired to do. When I catch the situation of someone getting benefits in multiple states I have to notify the other state and depending on who last certified which case that state will have to close a case and recover the ineligible amount. Do not attack my character simply for doing a government job. I have not attacked yours.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:10 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Sir, I am not responsible for what every indivdual does with SNAP, I am merely doing the job that I was hired to do. When I catch the situation of someone getting benefits in multiple states I have to notify the other state and depending on who last certified which case that state will have to close a case and recover the ineligible amount.
I'm not talking about benefits in multiple states. The duplicate benefits food stamp families are receiving are, for example, SNAP plus free school breakfast, lunch, and sometimes also dinner. Adult head of households are given food stamps for the same 10-17 meals each of their kids are given for free at schools. Hence, the food stamp adults' obesity rate of 44%.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Good for you. You are one person, and do not represent the reality we are discussing. You took the right path, and should be proud of it. You should encourage the rest of yours to do the same. Tell me why the hell it's MY job to police the entire black race.

What I do on these boards is tough love. I don't think so, I know your real agenda, Ive seen it countless times.I want black people to share in the American dream,no you don't, stop it I can see right through it. but most of them will never do so as long as they have the convenient excuses and crutches to lean on. Blacks are in last place, behind even immmigrants who come here unable to speak the language, with no social networks and only the shirts on their backs. That is not because of white racism, or a legacy of slavery. That it because the values of the black community exalt criminailty, hedonism, disobedience and violence. Effort is derided as "acting white." In some areas yes but not everywhere, not in my circle.

Also, I noticed that you did nothing to addess just how absurdly unfair this is to whites in the face of our illegal immigration culture. So you are not concerend about what is right, only about a percieved insult to yourself? WHAT THE ACTUAL ****????? What does this have to do with me?!?! I am not the cause of illegal immigration. Do you honestly think that illegal immigration only affects you?

Again I do my part but J can't be in every black persons brain.

This is the problem that I have with white people, they believe that every black person should take the heat for one black persons actions. Never mind the fact that I've never never used a gun on anyone, robbed a bank, or did any illegal drug. I'm responsible dr what a black person does in Baltimore or Detroit. Miss me with that.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not talking about benefits in multiple states. The duplicate benefits food stamp families are receiving are, for example, SNAP plus free school breakfast, lunch, and sometimes also dinner. Adult head of households are given food stamps for the same 10-17 meals each of their kids are given for free at schools. Hence, the food stamp adults' obesity rate of 44%.
I do not know everybody's situation and neither do you.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Over 70 Black Campus Groups Plan More Protests

....sounds reasonable, why not? Free stuff for all minorities because of slavery or something.
Let them have 4 years of free education.

In return we, as a society demand that they spend their first 10 years in the work force working paying a 75% fed income tax rate and not having children.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:24 PM

17,539 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Over 70 Black Campus Groups Plan More Protests

....sounds reasonable, why not? Free stuff for all minorities because of slavery or something.
Hell, free stuff for everyone while you are at it. Why shouldn't everyone be living off the government teat?

What unbelievable idiots

Old 12-15-2015, 05:27 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I do not know everybody's situation and neither do you.
I do know the following:

Income-eligible adults with food stamps: 44% obese
Income-eligible adults without food stamps: 33% obese
Non-poor adults who of course don't even qualify for food stamps: 32% obese

Exacerbated by this fact... 59% of families on food stamps simultaneously get benefits from 2 or more major free food programs for the exact same daily meals. That fact published by the USDA OIG.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defaul...-SNAP07-10.pdf

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/27001-0001-10.pdf

All info provided by the U.S. Government. The U.S. Government is enabling obesity and therefore causing the subsequent obesity-related health issues that cost taxpayers a fortune in Medicaid.

So, tax the productive to overfeed the poor and then pay for their inevitable subsequent obesity-related health issues? How sick and twisted is that?

Old 12-15-2015, 06:08 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Isn't it about time that they show these black students that we don't give a damn what they demand. Take you demands and beat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies