Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 02:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It should offended every black American! I would feel less than a person if my own government confirmed, I could never make it in life without them keeping me enslaved to the government. So why try and make it.

Today, Blacks in high places, are not required to be the best they can. They are required to be black.
That is what affirmative action has brought us. Look at the President and his racist wife, for proof of this.
Affirmative Action, made it all the way to the Whitehouse requirements
Actually, it's proof we have a democratic system, You oppose that because?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 02:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is at best hair splitting, but mostly just gibberish, and not really worth responding to. Go ahead and put your head back in the sand. There is nothing here for you.
In other words, you cannot come up with an intelligent response. No surprise there.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It should offended every black American! I would feel less than a person if my own government confirmed, I could never make it in life without them keeping me enslaved to the government. So why try and make it.

Today, Blacks in high places, are not required to be the best they can. They are required to be black.
That is what affirmative action has brought us. Look at the President and his racist wife, for proof of this.
Affirmative Action, made it all the way to the Whitehouse requirements.
And again, please. This is what people convince themselves of when they don't want to admit to their chosen mediocrity. What many fail to realize is that many people in high places have to perform to get ahead - regardless of background. In certain professional schools, exams are anonymous.

Law school is a great example. That means that the President and his wife had to perform.

Affirmative action has brought us people who want an excuse to whine and complain about what they believe others are receiving rather than to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. WhIle they are busy speculating and making assumptions about what others are supposedly receiving, those same people are working and surpassing them. Then they want to complain out of jealousy. Learn to WORK.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:32 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; to be fair, Obama DID win POTUS, fair and square.
I think the point is, that if Obama had been white we would still be trying to recall his name.
Same as if Larry Bird had been black.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:50 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
And again, please. This is what people convince themselves of when they don't want to admit to their chosen mediocrity. What many fail to realize is that many people in high places have to perform to get ahead - regardless of background. In certain professional schools, exams are anonymous.

Law school is a great example. That means that the President and his wife had to perform.

Affirmative action has brought us people who want an excuse to whine and complain about what they believe others are receiving rather than to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. WhIle they are busy speculating and making assumptions about what others are supposedly receiving, those same people are working and surpassing them. Then they want to complain out of jealousy. Learn to WORK.
I can see both sides of this. Yeah, you definitely have to perform to get where you're at. And I believe that when you're black AND better than most at your job, you'll be one of the few minorities there. But I think AA is pushed hard enough to where employers feel pressured to add minorities so that they don't appear racist. At the end of the day, that's a double edged sword. I don't want a handout because I'm black. I have my job now because I'm better at it than most, not because I'm black. I can go to school for free because of what I accomplished and what many others can do themselves, not because I'm black. If someone offers me something just for being black, I will always turn it down.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:52 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Over 70 Black Campus Groups Plan More Protests

....sounds reasonable, why not? Free stuff for all minorities because of slavery or something.
Are they willing to negotiate? I say we start with telling them they are all deported and their citizenship revoked. And then maybe we can meet in the middle where they work and pay their own tuition like everyone else.

Oh, and BTW we will be ending all affirmative action in college acceptance so they can take their crayons and 3rd grade reading skills to state colleges and leave the best colleges to the smartest students like it should be.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I can see both sides of this. Yeah, you definitely have to perform to get where you're at. And I believe that when you're black AND better than most at your job, you'll be one of the few minorities there. But I think AA is pushed hard enough to where employers feel pressured to add minorities so that they don't appear racist. At the end of the day, that's a double edged sword. I don't want a handout because I'm black. I have my job now because I'm better at it than most, not because I'm black. I can go to school for free because of what I accomplished and what many others can do themselves, not because I'm black. If someone offers me something just for being black, I will always turn it down.
I see both sides as well. However, to assume how someone obtained a certain position and specifically to assume, that it was not via their hard work but rather their color, is asinine.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:28 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I see both sides as well. However, to assume how someone obtained a certain position and specifically to assume, that it was not via their hard work but rather their color, is asinine.
Which is why AA should be abolished. With it, there's always a doubt whether it was merit or AA that got them there.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Which is why AA should be abolished. With it, there's always a doubt whether it was merit or AA that got them there.
Agreed and HOW!

OTOH: I doubt there's any "AA" for pro basketball; either you hit the basket or you don't and, lots of Black dudes can play some serious ball so they get the goodies. It is what it is.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:05 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!

OTOH: I doubt there's any "AA" for pro basketball; either you hit the basket or you don't and, lots of Black dudes can play some serious ball so they get the goodies. It is what it is.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies