U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM

10,606 posts, read 4,380,681 times

Advertisements

That's gotta be a fake.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:53 PM

30,401 posts, read 20,049,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree that both sides are capable of nonsensical blind partisanship, but where's the nonsense in this article? The quoted paragraph states the victim is being eulogized as kind, but he's actually a hateful bigot. Good on the reporter for correcting the record. I guess I should read the entire article before I judge. Maybe there is some nonsense in there, but I'm not seeing it in the quoted paragraph.

From what I have read, Nicholas Thalasinos seems pretty mainstream to me.

Of course mainstream means "hateful bigot" to America hating statists like Linda Stasi.

The difference between any of the other mainstream "hateful bigots" the shooter may have come into contact with and the victim whom Linda refers to as "radical" is the rest of them were not Jews who converted to Christianity.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:56 PM

10,606 posts, read 4,380,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
From what I have read, Nicholas Thalasinos seems pretty mainstream to me.

Of course mainstream means "hateful bigot" to America hating statists like Linda Stasi.

The difference between any of the other mainstream "hateful bigots" the shooter may have come into contact with and the victim whom Linda refers to as "radical" is the rest of them were not Jews who converted to Christianity.

Yeah, that is likely the point that set her off. I doubt many realize the level of contempt some Jews have for members of their clan who leave to join the enemy (Christians).

Old 12-07-2015, 07:49 AM

44,472 posts, read 35,935,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Just read the entire column. It's a great piece. It's a little distasteful to speak ill of the dead, but I think it's useful to point out what the real enemy is in this time of trouble.

It's not my Arab brother-in-law and the recently immigrated Moroccan man who is going to marry my niece. They're both great people. One is a good American and the other soon will be. I'm going to tell you where they live, but you won't believe me. I guess if you really care you can fact check this by doing an extensive search of all my posts in which you will discover my hometown. I stated it somewhere on here years ago. It's San Bernardino.

Yep, I have two Morrocon relations living in San Bernardino. My brother-in-law is an agnostic, but my niece's fiance is a practicing Muslim. She is too. They're very kind, decent moderate Muslims who hate ISIS.

I feel very badly that this hate-filled bigot was killed. I really do. He didn't deserve that. I don't appreciate extremism though .. in any form or fashion. It leads to shenanigans.
The thing is - this Messianic Jewish guy's views and opinions didn't cause this terrorist attack. That's what I find so distasteful about the article - that's the implication, that both views are equivalent. THEY AREN'T. Lots of people hold extreme views on one end or the other of the political/philosophical/religious spectrum but that's their RIGHT to do so (at least it still is in the US), as long as those views don't lead to behavior that harms others.

If the murderers had gone in and simply killed him, though their act would still be reprehensible, one could at least say "Hmmmm, his expressed opinions influenced their actions." That wouldn't excuse their actions, but a connection could be made. However, they didn't just kill him - they killed thirteen other people, and had plans to kill many more - but apparently they hadn't perfected their bomb making skills.

I find the article to be absolutely disgusting. Are we going to start nitpicking the lives and opinions of every American killed in a terrorist attack now - as if they somehow deserved it, or somehow deserve to be judged simply because they had the misfortune of being murdered in a random act of violence?

How many of us would fare well under such judgmental scrutiny? You may think you'd be just fine - but I personally wouldn't trust the media to portray either of us in a positive light - and we wouldn't be here to defend ourselves, which makes it even worse.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:32 AM

2,329 posts, read 1,515,837 times
What I got from the article is that somehow support for Israel or the 2nd Amendment is equal to deliberately killing 14 innocent people.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 8 days ago)

9,788 posts, read 21,094,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
What I got from the article is that somehow support for Israel or the 2nd Amendment is equal to deliberately killing 14 innocent people.
And that is what I don't understand about the Far Left. Many of them believe hurting someone's feelings is the same as murdering them. I am starting to believe that many Liberals have so much guilt about living in the world's most successful country that they actually like terrorist attacks. They sure go out of their way to justify the perpetrators.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:46 AM

14,123 posts, read 6,071,861 times
I guess the CAIR misdirection worked. The family said they bullied him at work, and this woman is running with that narrative. I wonder why the guy took particular care to shoot his Muslim coworker four times even though she had a baby shower for his wife and I think I heard they went to the same mosque? Was it because she bullied him, or because she wasn't a good enough Muslim for him? If the Messianic Jew had never discussed politics with Syed at all, I bet he would still have been a major target just because he was a Jew. Even Farooq's father showed his hatred of Jews when admitting his son told him he liked ISIS.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:25 AM

23,976 posts, read 32,714,071 times
Have any of you who are demonizing Nicholas Thalasinos bothered to actually read his Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.thalasinos?fref=ts

Go to Timeline, pull down, choose "2015" to get to his actual posts, and start reading.

Hard right, yes. "Hate-filled bigot" is overstating it a bit IMHO. And I disagreed with quite a bit of what he was posting there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or