Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:51 PM

94 posts, read 76,464 times

Advertisements

The writer of that column is a disgusting person. Yeah, let's compare a murdered man to a chicken **** murderer because we don't like the man's political views. The stupidity of people is mind boggling, and it's pathetic that someone would stoop that low.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ever notice how leftists never deny their depravity, they only justify it by making the excuse that the other side does it to?
Funny, you missed the part where I called it nonsense? And labeling all democrats based upon the idiocy of one of them? You've actually committed more logical fallacies then you have sentences. Impressive.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:52 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
One person said hateful things...somewhere

The other one killed over a dozen with the help of his wife.

No one deserves to be killed for their idiot opinion. articles like this create a false equivalency, and are dumbing down humanity.
In the quoted paragraph the columnist is careful not to morally equate the actions of the two. She simply points out that the victim is not the kind and loving man he's being betrayed as in death. He was actually a hate-filled bigot.

Again, I haven't read the article. I'll do so now.

Last edited by WestCobb; 12-06-2015 at 12:40 AM..

Old 12-05-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
One man was a Christian who liked conservative politics. The other was a Muslim mass murderer. The only reason I can see to compare them is to express hatred for conservative Christians.
No, the reason to compare the two is to point out that extremism is the real enemy. That's the truth. Thinking of this as an Islamic problem doesn't get to the root -- this is an extremist problem. The extremists de jure are Muslim. A few decades ago they were atheists (communists and fascists). Christian extremists haven't done too much damage lately, but they are a latent menace. That guy did shoot up the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado a few weeks ago, right?

Last edited by WestCobb; 12-06-2015 at 12:21 AM..

Old 12-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Just read the entire column. It's a great piece. It's a little distasteful to speak ill of the dead, but I think it's useful to point out what the real enemy is in this time of trouble.

It's not my Arab brother-in-law and the recently immigrated Moroccan man who is going to marry my niece. They're both great people. One is a good American and the other soon will be. I'm going to tell you where they live, but you won't believe me. I guess if you really care you can fact check this by doing an extensive search of all my posts in which you will discover my hometown. I stated it somewhere on here years ago. It's San Bernardino.

Yep, I have two Morrocon relations living in San Bernardino. My brother-in-law is an agnostic, but my niece's fiance is a practicing Muslim. She is too. They're very kind, decent moderate Muslims who hate ISIS.

I feel very badly that this hate-filled bigot was killed. I really do. He didn't deserve that. I don't appreciate extremism though .. in any form or fashion. It leads to shenanigans.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Liberals define anyone that doesn't agree with them as "hate-filled" and "bigoted".... No surprise there.

This man didn't fall in line with their cult-like mentality, and for that reason, he isn't an "innocent" as implied by the author.

Show me a Liberal, and I'll show you one of the most hate filled people to have ever walked the planet.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Liberals define anyone that doesn't agree with them as "hate-filled" and "bigoted".... No surprise there.

This man didn't fall in line with their cult-like mentality, and for that reason, he isn't an "innocent" as implied by the author.

Show me a Liberal, and I'll show you one of the most hate filled people to have ever walked the planet.
You're missing it. This man, unlike many other conservative Christians, was bigoted and hate-filled as evidenced by his comments. He didn't act on his hate and bigotry, and like most hate-filed bigots, probably never would have. There's something to be said for that. But it's unfortunate he allowed his heart to be filled with hate and his mind to clouded by bigotry.

Wouldn't a great way to honor those who died would be to fight the real enemy? Hate and bigotry in all of its forms and fashions? This liberal thinks so.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:31 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
The New York Daily News is running on fumes.
ty
Day 1 -- demonize those who offered prayers to the victims and their family
Day 2 -- demonize the NRA and call them Terrorists
Day 3 -- demonize a Jewish Man who was murdered at a Christmas Party by a couple of Radical Islamic Muslims.

John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz)
4 hours ago - View on Twitter
Linda Stasi, I'm ashamed to know you. As you should be ashamed to have written this. m.nydailynews.com/news/na…

The topper is that she blamed that same Murdered Jewish man for the Deaths of the other victims.
Her article is not going over well according to Twitter & the comments. The Leftists around here that are defending this woman are out of step with Common Decency. Very few of us are willing to demonize a Murder Victim (especially when murdered in a Terrorist Massacre) because we don't like his religion (anti-Semitism is alive and well) and/or we don't agree with his Politics.

It's takes a REALLY "special" kind of person to do that.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The New York Daily News is running on fumes.
ty
Day 1 -- demonize those who offered prayers to the victims and their family
Day 2 -- demonize the NRA and call them Terrorists
Day 3 -- demonize a Jewish Man who was murdered at a Christmas Party by a couple of Radical Islamic Muslims.

John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz)
4 hours ago - View on Twitter
Linda Stasi, I'm ashamed to know you. As you should be ashamed to have written this. m.nydailynews.com/news/na…

The topper is that she blamed that same Murdered Jewish man for the Deaths of the other victims.
Her article is not going over well according to Twitter & the comments. The Leftists around here that are defending this woman are out of step with Common Decency. Very few of us are willing to demonize a Murder Victim (especially when murdered in a Terrorist Massacre) because we don't like his religion (anti-Semitism is alive and well) and/or we don't agree with his Politics.

It's takes a REALLY "special" kind of person to do that.
The only "Leftist" around here who is defending Stasi is me. I stand by my comments. I think I'm being so decent that I've transcended Common Decency and have entered the realm of Uncommonly Decent.

I don't know about her other work, but if this is representative, I think she's an important voice. It was good of her to remind people of the real enemy in the aftermath of this event.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:56 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
victim-blaming, how novel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies