U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 PM
 
Location: in the soup
3,824 posts, read 1,621,605 times
Reputation: 4390

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Terrorism is a catch-all PC term, because peoples conscious will not allow them to be offended by the truth.


There is no such thing as terrorism. There is only violence. The same violence that has been going on, since the caveman picked up a club and whacked someone with it.


War is violent, no matter how big or how small the enemy is.

Take a swing at me, we are going to be at war.

 
Old 12-07-2015, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 29,447,323 times
Reputation: 7829
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Where's ya get a copy of the Constitution that talks about "making ... weapons" ?
"A license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution." So yeah, he would need to have a license to make and sell guns. But for personal use, one is allowed to make a gun if they want without a license.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does...m-personal-use
 
Old 12-07-2015, 08:31 PM
 
Location: in the soup
3,824 posts, read 1,621,605 times
Reputation: 4390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I like to look at anti-gun folks as Domestic Terrorists, trying to destroy our Constitution and aiding those who would harm us by trying to disarm the Citizens. While not being a Danger to human life, to the point where they need to be put away or hunted down, since they have the right to voice opinions, even if its not in our interests, they certainly can not be called "Friends" or Patriots. I put them on the same level as "Flag Burners." I have no problem with a Liberal or whatever else some folks have deemed to call one, but any one trying to Destroy the Constitution, and is active at it, is not my friend. They can decide where that puts them. The reasoning some use that "they are Americans" is a dog that don't hunt. The Clown that just shot all those people was an American too, by their standards. Being and acting like one is two different things. That's my opinion, they can like it or not.

The 14 Defining
Characteristics Of Fascism


I'm sure several of those 14 points will look familiar, but I dunno if we need an exhaustive list. This little excerpt should do:

Quote:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.

4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
 
Old 12-08-2015, 12:54 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Fantasy? The reality is that Muslims have lived and comported themselves in the highest standards of American culture and law for over 100 years. The reality is that hundreds of thousands of Muslims work and serve at every level of American society, they are our doctors, teachers, military personnel, neighbors and sports heroes. It is amazing how "liberals" and most "conservatives" recognize this reality yet certain folks who live god only knows where can understand that.
That's the liberal line.

I don't buy it.

Maybe if you set it to uplifting music (go heavy on brass, strings and tympani) -- with a background of fluttering American flags -- somebody will buy it.
 
Old 12-08-2015, 12:56 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And what do you plan to do about it besides sitting on your couch yelling at the tv? Calling liberals in the US your enemy is quite a bold statement to declare towards other Americans.
I'm just saying what needs to be done.

You seem to be very annoyed by that.
 
Old 12-08-2015, 12:58 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I like to look at anti-gun folks as Domestic Terrorists, trying to destroy our Constitution and aiding those who would harm us by trying to disarm the Citizens. While not being a Danger to human life, to the point where they need to be put away or hunted down, since they have the right to voice opinions, even if its not in our interests, they certainly can not be called "Friends" or Patriots. I put them on the same level as "Flag Burners." I have no problem with a Liberal or whatever else some folks have deemed to call one, but any one trying to Destroy the Constitution, and is active at it, is not my friend. They can decide where that puts them. The reasoning some use that "they are Americans" is a dog that don't hunt. The Clown that just shot all those people was an American too, by their standards. Being and acting like one is two different things. That's my opinion, they can like it or not.
Well said.

You have to know who your enemies are, and who your friends are.

America is still working that out.

And taking a looooooooooooong time doing it!
 
Old 12-08-2015, 12:59 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
while republicans tried to ban critical thinking in schools
The liberals who run most schools, colleges and universities banned critical thinking a long time ago.
 
Old 12-08-2015, 01:12 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Terrorism is a catch-all PC term, because peoples conscious will not allow them to be offended by the truth.


There is no such thing as terrorism. There is only violence. The same violence that has been going on, since the caveman picked up a club and whacked someone with it.


War is violent, no matter how big or how small the enemy is.

Take a swing at me, we are going to be at war.
Terrorism is not just any old violence or war.

All terrorist acts have five things in common.

1) They target unarmed civilian "soft targets" in random public places -- men, women and children -- who are killed indiscriminately and brutally. They depend on their potential targets' not being able to predict where they might strike. So an attack on an abortion clinic doesn't qualify.

2) They are carried out to accomplish a political or ideological goal.

3) The group carrying out the terrorist act is too weak to effectively win a war or succeed in a revolution, and unlikely to win an election. Terrorism operates from a position of weakness, not strength. Accordingly, it preys on the weak, not the strong.

4) The terrorist act is designed to "spread terror" and fear throughout a civilian population, in the hopes that the terrified population will demand that their leaders comply with terrorist demands.

5) Terrorism depends on publicity -- the more graphic and pervasive, the better.

It really doesn't take a lot of research to understand the distinction between terrorism and other forms of violence. You learn to recognize that distinction after years of analyzing terrorist acts.

Of course, liberals want to confuse the issue as much as possible.

For example, by acting as though there are as many Timothy McVeighs and abortion clinic bombers out there as there are Islamic terrorists.
 
Old 12-08-2015, 01:30 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
The 14 Defining
Characteristics Of Fascism


I'm sure several of those 14 points will look familiar, but I dunno if we need an exhaustive list. This little excerpt should do:
Liberals always trot out fascism as a bogeyman, but make none of the appropriate distinctions that would clarify the subject.

Spain, Italy and Germany had "fascist" governments, but they were not at all similar.

Franco was a conservative Catholic general who saved Spain from an attempt by communists to take over that country.

Mussolini was a socialist who then developed the whole concept of fascism. Italian fascism was not at all like the Spanish and German versions.

Hitler's Germany barely fits the definition, if at all.

Take nationalism. Hitler was a racist who was not interested in the nation of Germany per se, but in unifying Germans from all countries in Europe (Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Alsace-Lorraine, etc.) to create a pan-German, racially "pure" Reich.

Scapegoats?

Hitler hated the Jews. Franco didn't. Neither did Mussolini.

Hitler hated Communists. Franco was satisfied to not let them take over Spain; I wouldn't call that "hating" them. Mussolini had been a socialist.

In the end, liberals simply define "fascism" as whatever conservative Republicans support.

Like not letting unvetted Muslims into this country. Like really securing our borders and sending illegals packing. Like putting an end to legalized racial discrimination against whites and gender discrimination against males. Like having a strong missile defense system.

And if fascism begins with taking away free speech (and I think it does) -- well, the liberals have been doing that on college campuses for years!
 
Old 12-08-2015, 01:34 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,129,765 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm sure several of those 14 points will look familiar, but I dunno if we need an exhaustive list. This little excerpt should do:
Quote:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
Nationalist like National Public Radio?

Does Denver's Meilehochstadion look familiar?
https://www.google.com/search?q=mile...I5vUPDHmht0%3D

Replete with solar symbolism held aloft on tall banner staphs (propagating, "Hope, Change").

Quote:
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
Retroactive immunity for telecoms. A police- and surveillance-state that would make Erich Honecker blush. More harrassment and indictments of whistleblowers than by all other presidents combined. Michael Hastings, Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning.... "The Least Transparent President in History" -Amy Goodman

Quote:
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant...." "Racists," "homophobes," "bigots...."

Quote:
4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
Libya, Syria, urban camo attire, fist raising, corporate left NFL, corporate left broadcast hagiography of border transgression, adventurism, jingoism.

Last edited by mm4; 12-08-2015 at 02:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top