U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 12:29 PM

13,793 posts, read 14,609,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Being un-armed means 100% you will not save the day. That's not debatable. There for of course it makes you safer. That's not debatable. It may not turn out the way you want, but that's not the point. If you were in a coffee shop and some nut came in shooting would you rather have someone with a gun on your side or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Being unarmed does not give you better chances than being armed. You may not always be able to do something while armed, but I'd rather know that if there is a chance, I can do something about it. That's what you fail to comprehend.
I never said being unarmed makes you safer, I said there are many examples of shootings where there are people with guns there and they have not been able to save the day. so it really is a crap shoot, pardon the expression if one survives a mass shooting even if one is armed. pro gun folks seem to always assume if you have your gun you will be safe. that is not always the case.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:09 PM

488 posts, read 1,039,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I never said being unarmed makes you safer, I said there are many examples of shootings where there are people with guns there and they have not been able to save the day. so it really is a crap shoot, pardon the expression if one survives a mass shooting even if one is armed. pro gun folks seem to always assume if you have your gun you will be safe. that is not always the case.
May as well disarm cops then, right?

Old 12-06-2015, 01:15 PM

20,095 posts, read 12,058,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
At a time when our very nation has had threats thrown its way. Then attacks upon those threats have taken place more than once.
We are in a war people. One you may not want to be in according to our government that created the war.

It is not a time to disarm! Who are our enemies here?

Look People, it is a time for a call to arms! Why would the government want to disarm us further when the 2nd amendment is there for this exact reason.

Who are our enemies? The Holy War that is at our doorstep, and our government full speed ahead to further take our will and ability to defend ourselves as this nation was found.

The 2nd amendment clearly states there will be no law, or legislation to prevent the people from making, owning and obtaining weapons.

OK ok make a hot tea-- maybe take your meds-- watch football today and calm your fears and aggression--

Old 12-06-2015, 01:55 PM

50,167 posts, read 26,566,138 times
The sky is falling.

Yeah.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:29 PM

66,302 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Telling people that have no desire to be armed to "take up arms" is as offensive as those who want to disarm people.

Why can't people just leave others alone?

No one can force you to arm yourself....

It offends you to have a choice... GOOD!

Old 12-06-2015, 02:31 PM

78,283 posts, read 33,343,867 times
Quote:
No one can force you to arm yourself....

It offends you to have a choice... GOOD!
What is a "Call to Arms"?

My entire post was about choice.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So, you are basically saying that nutcase's actions are justifiable homicide(s)? Not sure the victims' families would agree.

No wonder you imagine we are in a holy war. You are in one.

We have seen the enemy and it is us.

No. That is what you just said. Don't place words in my mouth.

What I said was in the post.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What is a "Call to Arms"?

My entire post was about choice.

Call to arms, means choice. Government disarming the public, would be by force.

Big difference and I'm sure it takes intelligence to see it.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
OK ok make a hot tea-- maybe take your meds-- watch football today and calm your fears and aggression--

We all understand.
It takes intelligence to reason with the truth.
Come back when you have something intelligent to say.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM

78,283 posts, read 33,343,867 times
Quote:
Call to arms, means choice. Government disarming the public, would be by force.

Big difference and I'm sure it takes intelligence to see it.
If you say so......if it's a choice, I don't need anyone calling it.

This is what is so wrong with the positions so many take....and certainly not just here. Not only do they want their right they want everyone else to join along and tell them how great they are.

You have a right to be armed, you don't have to call for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies