U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 04:31 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,796,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Im a millennial, that was so offensive to me LOL, just kidding!

No but you're right, most people my age just have such a skewed view on what the real world is and when it doesn't go their way, they get mad or "its not their fault." Of course not all, I mean I think our age group gets stereotyped unfairly a lot and we do have a lot to offer at a younger age but most of us have been told "its okay, your the best" when sometimes, we weren't.
I totally rode the tail-end of that "it's not your fault" wave.. So trust me, i totally understand. I'm at the very end of the supposed Gen X cut off-date. It's so stupid to be locked into generations like that, but it seems like young people these days LOVE putting people into little boxes even though they claim doing things like that on a more visceral level is HORRIBLE. Trust me, all horrible people find ways to discriminate. And there are always horrible people out there. My belief is that the percentages rarely changes, but I think NOW all the horrible people just have a bigger microphone. We're just humans so to some of us it sounds like gospel, but to others it just sounds (and usually) smells like farts.

Like I said, I am seriously chillaxing these days, not making waves, trying to do right on a day by day basis, because, well, this world is SCARY. (we Gen X peeps were the first to truly grow up on horror movies )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 04:33 PM

31,007 posts, read 19,488,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I say the same to conservatives crying about the cups at Starbucks and the 'War on Christmas" and the 'War on Christians' everytime someone says "Happy Holidays'. So easily offended.
This^^^^^ The right is crying about not being PC with the holiday greeting and the coffee cups.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:36 PM

no. BOTH sides are crying. This is very obvious to us who are sitting back on the sidelines drinking our peppermint patty truth tea.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Humans needs something bigger than themselves to happen, STAT. I am not talking religioun here, I am talking scientifically or cosmic-ly (?). Everyone is so angry these days, it makes sensitive people like myself so on edge!! I can't imagine what it is doing for the neurotic and psychotic among us. Oh wait, I think I do :/

Old 12-06-2015, 05:16 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,289,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post

It's offensive to say Merry Christmas or have Christmas trees.

If I happen to know the person is Christian I'll say "Merry Christmas."

If I happen to know the person is Jewish I'll say "Happy Hanukkah."

If I don't know the religious affiliation of the person I'll say "Happy Holidays."

I'm sorry if that offends you.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:20 PM

31,007 posts, read 19,488,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
If I happen to know the person is Christian I'll say "Merry Christmas."

If I happen to know the person is Jewish I'll say "Happy Hanukkah."

If I don't know the religious affiliation of the person I'll say "Happy Holidays."

I'm sorry if that offends you.

I agree. The greeting is for the greeted, not the greeter.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:28 PM

26,184 posts, read 8,913,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Who told you that they were offended by your Christmas tree? What's wrong with waiting for evidence before passing judgement on a crime?

Sometimes people get a little over sensitive about some things -- but overall what you label "political correctness" is merely an effort to respect people.
No, it has become a political tactic to silence those with a different opinion.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:33 PM
TKO

2,901 posts, read 3,076,412 times
Yeah, let's encourage folks not to be polite to other people or keep their snarky comments to themselves. Society is infinitely better off if you tell others, immediately, what you think of them - preferably in colorful, insulting terms. Think of all the good that the world might miss out on if we contain our baser instincts. We owe it to humanity to let everyone know what their shortcoming are. Bonus if you can make yourself laugh by being clever about it.

Besides if we're polite and reasonable to the freaks, foreigners and faithless we might be mistaken for bleeding heart liberals or some such.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:43 PM

29,699 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Humans needs something bigger than themselves to happen, STAT. I am not talking religioun here, I am talking scientifically or cosmic-ly (?). Everyone is so angry these days, it makes sensitive people like myself so on edge!! I can't imagine what it is doing for the neurotic and psychotic among us. Oh wait, I think I do :/
You better grow a thick skin if you intend to hang out on the POC forum!

Old 12-06-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You better grow a thick skin if you intend to hang out on the POC forum!
Yeah, I can see my blood pressure rising! I try to keep it calm though. Humans are ALWAYS trying to work each other up, in every situation, real life and cyber, it's kinda lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies