Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
We can't say illegal immigrants because it might offend them even though that is what they are.

We avoid using the term radical islam or terrorist in reporting news of terror. There was a hesitation to even call the recent attack an act of terrorism until the evidence made it impossible not to.

We can't say "all lives matter" because it somehow diminishes "black lives matter".

It's offensive to say Merry Christmas or have Christmas trees.

There are many, many more examples daily and it's like people LOOK for things to be offended by.

When will this crap end? How much is enough?

This is why Trump has so much momentum, because he touched a nerve by standing up to this and I think most Americans are beyond fed up with it.
I think the whole "PC" nonsense is just as silly as the nonexistent "war on Christmas".

Conservatives are just soooo persecuted.

By political correctness do you mean 'intelligent with a modicum of social and political awareness'?

By the way, I put up my Christmas Tree today and no one persecuted me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb When will we stop this political correctness nonsense?

Whenever you decide to.

I don't change my speech patterns because of it. I don't need to. I'm not running for political office. What anyone else does is their thing, not mine.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:09 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Actually, some democrats and independent will vote for Trump. My sister is a liberal and has always voted for Democrats and she gets excited about Trump as president. My husband is an independent, anti guy kind of guy and he also likes Trump. So I think there are a lot out there.
This current administration has failed for almost everybody big time. This is why I'm not surprised of the surge in the poll for Trump.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:20 AM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
By political correctness do you mean 'intelligent with a modicum of social and political awareness'?
No, I see it as a passive-aggressive method of controlling and dictating public speech and thought, often taken to a ridiculous extreme and often hypocritical in it's application.

In other words. Grow up, get over it and move on! Stop being so easily offended and thin skinned.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:22 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Actually, some democrats and independent will vote for Trump. My sister is a liberal and has always voted for Democrats and she gets excited about Trump as president. My husband is an independent, anti guy kind of guy and he also likes Trump. So I think there are a lot out there.
This current administration has failed for almost everybody big time. This is why I'm not surprised of the surge in the poll for Trump.
The other side of the coin. Top Jeb Bush political donor in Miami: I

Old 12-06-2015, 11:01 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
The other side of the coin. Top Jeb Bush political donor in Miami: I
We know Bush oh I mean Jeb supporters are closer to democrat policies than conservative policies.

Especially rich ones who relish crony capitalism.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:06 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
No, I see it as a passive-aggressive method of controlling and dictating public speech and thought, often taken to a ridiculous extreme and often hypocritical in it's application.

In other words. Grow up, get over it and move on! Stop being so easily offended and thin skinned.
Take your own advise.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:27 AM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Take your own advise.

don't shoot the messenger

Old 12-06-2015, 12:22 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
We know Bush oh I mean Jeb supporters are closer to democrat policies than conservative policies.

Conservatives don't practice crony capitalism? Or Are you saying something else?

Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post

Meanwhile, Jeb! has the audacity to call Trump "a liberal". :roll eyes:

But back to the question: when will the PC nonsense end? On January 20, 2017, when President Donald Trump moves into the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies