U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 01:44 PM

26,262 posts, read 18,921,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
he wasn't an atheist. what do you call a man that was raised catholic and still believed in god when he was executed?
an ex-catholic.

me being raised a mormon sure as hell doesn't mean I am one today.

let me helpfully highlight a word you omitted from your statement above in this mcveigh quote:

Quote:
I do believe in a God, yes. But that's as far as I want to discuss.

An Accurate Look at Timothy McVeigh's Beliefs - EthicsDaily.com
if McVeigh converted to islam while in prison waiting to die, and said in this interview that he believed in allah - would you say his bombing was the work of an Islamic terrorist? I would hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He is just trying to ignore reality, this question has been brought up many times and every time it goes exactly the same way. Denial is how some go through life.
lol. this coming from the veritable poster-boy of denial
see above.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:55 PM

19,659 posts, read 14,625,871 times
Quote:
he wasn't an atheist. what do you call a man that was raised catholic and still believed in god when he was executed?
He was about as Christian as Obama, who found his calling to the Church after he got into politics.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,617,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Pretty much summed that one up. When you hang with them; the you are.Hanging out and living with a group of extremists by choice and not birth. He was a Christian Terrorist.
McVeigh and Rudolph are not the same person. They are being mixed up here.
McVeigh was not the Christian terrorist.

Quote:
He said himself he was agnostic.
That is agnostic. Not Christian. A Christian has to believe in Christ to be a Christian... thus the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He is just trying to ignore reality, this question has been brought up many times and every time it goes exactly the same way. Denial is how some go through life.
The only ones here ignoring reality and in denial are those claiming that a self professed agnostic was a Christian terrorist.
Sorry but the biased, pro-atheist site claiming otherwise was wrong. The author didn't do his research. It happens.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:10 PM

1,196 posts, read 837,014 times
There is a significant, long-lived, and hyper violent "Christian" denomination that has committed acts of terror for over 50 years: Christian Identity.

They hide in plain sight. Everybody knows that there have been seemingly disconnected acts of terrorism from the murdees of Medgar Evers and Martin Luther King, abortion provider bombings, like numerous bombings of -- and murders in -- black churches, all the way through Timothy McVeigh and into current times

Mainstream Christians consider Christian Identity outlandish and vile. But they call themselves Christian and quote numerous scriptures to "prove" their version of Christianity

This is about the best book ever written, on the subject, excruciatingly annotated, exposing a true -- if self-styled -- Christisn terrorist group:

Nonfiction Book Review: America

Christian Identity has massive blood on their hands. And few have ever heard of them.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
There are plenty of Christian terrorist groups at home and abroad (The Army of God, Lord's Resistance Army, NLF of Tripura, Antibalaka, etc.).

They're not as prolific as Islamic extremists in the amount of mayhem they cause, but they're out there.

Funny, I just read an article from a right-wing nut job who claims Christians have committed ZERO acts of terrorism in recent years. How naive can a human being be?
Lets see, whose on the FBI Terrorist list? Hmm? The only ones that don't have Muslim names are left wing Terrorist that are buddies with Chicago's first son William Ayers.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism

Old 12-07-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
There is a significant, long-lived, and hyper violent "Christian" denomination that has committed acts of terror for over 50 years: Christian Identity.

They hide in plain sight. Everybody knows that there have been seemingly disconnected acts of terrorism from the murdees of Medgar Evers and Martin Luther King, abortion provider bombings, like numerous bombings of -- and murders in -- black churches, all the way through Timothy McVeigh and into current times

Mainstream Christians consider Christian Identity outlandish and vile. But they call themselves Christian and quote numerous scriptures to "prove" their version of Christianity

This is about the best book ever written, on the subject, excruciatingly annotated, exposing a true -- if self-styled -- Christisn terrorist group:

Nonfiction Book Review: America

Christian Identity has massive blood on their hands. And few have ever heard of them.
Wow, it's amazing that an Atheist such as myself has been allowed to live his whole life with, and socialize with, all the Christians with "massive blood on their hands".

Old 12-07-2015, 05:18 PM

1,431 posts, read 707,921 times
How many terrorists scream "JESUS CHRIST!!" before they proceed to murder/injure dozens of people? Oh.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:24 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,032,196 times
If a Muslim runs over someone and kills him with a car it is not Islamic terrorism. It is only Islamic terrorism if he is himself saying it is in the name of Islam, which is usually when Muslims are screaming Allah-u-Akbar.
Same applies to people of other faith.

Muslims commit more acts of terror in the name of their religion than ALL other religious groups combined.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:32 PM

22,113 posts, read 9,402,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The recent Colorado shooter was a pothead.
And we all know how violent potheads are.

Let's see, was it the vehement anti-government, anti-Obama, anti-womens' health centers promoted by the killer that was his motivation for multiple homicides? Uh--no. It was pot. Seriously??

Most potheads barely have the energy to go out, never mind accumulate an arsenal and attack and murder people.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:32 PM

31,077 posts, read 19,519,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
A lot of apologists for Islamic terrorism like to claim that Hitler and the nazis were Christians too. Which is of course nonsense.
Interesting. Here are some statements Hitler made:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or