Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You guys are ignoring Northern Ireland and yes it was done often in the name of their specific beliefs.
No it was actually done in the name of Irish nationalism vs those how wished to remain British.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
No it was actually done in the name of Irish nationalism vs those how wished to remain British.
Well this post definitely proves the point of this thread! Never a Christian terrorist, "that terrorist was not a Christian," apologetic tactic is always used.

Below is a synopsis of this terror:

Quote:
The Provisional IRA is perhaps the best known terrorist agency from the period and would definitely earn their spot on this list, if I weren’t aiming for more obscure groups, but the Catholic Reaction Force and Protestant Action Force were also active and, in the case of the latter, also responsible for a large number of murders. For those who are unfamiliar with the Troubles, it occurred in North Ireland and, as so many European conflicts do, pitted Protestants against Catholics in unmitigated bloodshed. The CRF was behind the Darkley killings, in addition to several mailed bombings in the early 2000s. The PAF, which was far more effective in their killings, has a rap sheet a mile long. You can find it on the Wikipedia page, here.
8 Christian Terrorist Organizations

Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Oh good grief. does anyone here not have a clue?

The Irish issue was not about one group of Christians thinking they were right about religion and therefore killing everyone else.

"Catholic" and "Protestant" were proxies for "Free Ireland" and "Member of the British Commonwealth Ireland"

The Troubles weren't about the catholics and the Anglicans hating each other. It was about Irish people wanting the British out and to have their own independent nation. period.

The catholics were the native Irish. The Protestants were decedents of English settlers that were sent there by the British Crown in the previous centuries for the express purpose of breeding the Irish out of Ireland.

come on people.

We are really trying to make equivalence arguments between the vast extent of muslim terrorism and violence and the Irish Troubles that was very much limited to a conflict over the independence of a single very small nation?

REALLY?

Old 12-08-2015, 09:30 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,411 times
Meet the fine folks of Christian Identity:

Christian Identity

Old 12-08-2015, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Oh good grief. does anyone here not have a clue?

The Irish issue was not about one group of Christians thinking they were right about religion and therefore killing everyone else.

"Catholic" and "Protestant" were proxies for "Free Ireland" and "Member of the British Commonwealth Ireland"

The Troubles weren't about the catholics and the Anglicans hating each other. It was about Irish people wanting the British out and to have their own independent nation. period.

The catholics were the native Irish. The Protestants were decedents of English settlers that were sent there by the British Crown in the previous centuries for the express purpose of breeding the Irish out of Ireland.

come on people.

We are really trying to make equivalence arguments between the vast extent of muslim terrorism and violence and the Irish Troubles that was very much limited to a conflict over the independence of a single very small nation?

REALLY?
Yes really. People are intent to PROVE that there are religious christian terrorist organizations just as bad as the ME terrorist groups so we shouldn't worry too much.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:46 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes really. People are intent to PROVE that there are religious christian terrorist organizations just as bad as the ME terrorist groups so we shouldn't worry too much.

its the old "squirrels eat nuts therefore lions are vegitarians" argument I suppose.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Has anyone else noticed how the uber-extreme (bleeding heart) liberals in here are falling over themselves to avoid labeling terrorism as being mostly Islamic, while at the same time derailing the thread as they stretch their belief in non-existent Christian terrorism? ...SNAFU ideology pushing without missing a beat.

Focus on the handful of things which happened decades or centuries ago, while ignoring what is happening right now.
Quote:
its the old "squirrels eat nuts therefore lions are vegitarians" argument I suppose.
The scary thing is they actually believe their nonsense.
Quote:

REALLY?
Sorry, but that is how progressive minds work. They don't want to offend Muslims, yet have no problem offending Christians in the process. They are by definition a contradiction wrapped in a hypocrisy.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:43 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Read up on "the disappeared" In Argentina. The Catholic church supported killing tens of thousands.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The killer in Colorado was a Christian Terrorist and the OK Bombing was also committed by Christian Terrorists not to mention the IRA in Ireland, the war in Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia, along with several cases of Christians attacking those they feel are a threat or different parts of the world namely Africa.
You forgot the Olympic Bomber in Atlanta, 1996. HE was part of a Christian separatist group.

I also do not recall any Muslims or Buddhists bombing abortion clinics in America, though both faiths oppose abortion.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:33 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
You forgot the Olympic Bomber in Atlanta, 1996. HE was part of a Christian separatist group.

I also do not recall any Muslims or Buddhists bombing abortion clinics in America, though both faiths oppose abortion.
Eric Rudolph was raised in a "Christian Identity" compound called "The Church of Israel" but he did not commit the criminal act in the name of Christianity:

"In a statement released after he entered a guilty plea, Rudolph denied being a supporter of the Christian Identity movement, claiming that his involvement amounted to a brief association with the daughter of a Christian Identity adherent, later identified as Pastor Daniel Gayman. When asked about his religion he said, "I was born a Catholic, and with forgiveness I hope to die one." In other written statements, Rudolph has cited Biblical passages and offered religious motives for his militant opposition to abortion.

Rudolph's actions are not now considered to be religiously motivated, as he wrote "Many good people continue to send me money and books. Most of them have, of course, an agenda; mostly born-again Christians looking to save my soul. I suppose the assumption is made that because I'm in here I must be a 'sinner' in need of salvation, and they would be glad to sell me a ticket to heaven, hawking this salvation like peanuts at a ballgame. I do appreciate their charity, but I could really do without the condescension. They have been so nice I would hate to break it to them that I really prefer Nietzsche to the Bible."

Eric Rudolph | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

McVeigh

Religious beliefs
After his parents' divorce, McVeigh lived with his father; his sisters moved to Florida with their mother. He and his father were devout Roman Catholics who often attended daily Mass. In a recorded interview with Time Magazine McVeigh professed his belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "never really picked it [back] up". The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter claiming to be an agnostic. He was given the Catholic sacrament of Viaticum before his execution.

McVeigh Letter

McVeigh's letter sets out his reason for the bombing. Note, religion is never mentioned.

James Holmes | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

James Holmes' history has absolutely no discussion of religious affiliation or fixation and nothing about his murder relates to religion being a motivation.

I just realized you were referring to the recent shooting in CO. There has been no definitive proof that Dear was motivated by religion. In fact, the overarching evidence is that Dear is mentally ill and that was the reason behind his murder spree. Psychosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies