Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,911,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
The Trump apologists like jetgraphics will deserve every horrific outcome when the forces of the state eventually come after him. I'll get a little chuckle when the government blasts him to smithereens or hauls him off to jail where he'll rot for the rest of life.
Wow, the forces of the state?
All this ballywho for proposing the idea that people, who are Muslim AND who ARE NOT CITIZENS of the U.S. who want to visit here would be banned for a period of time.

So what? Why is that such a bad thing until we can find a way to assure we're not importing terrorists?

Old 12-08-2015, 06:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,906,273 times
How can Obama declare that the San B terrorists are not muslims or that any ISIS/ISIL terrorists are not muslims?

Is he not the person that decides who is a muslim and who is not? By what authority?

If ISIS terrorists are not Muslims then are the San B terrorists not Americans? I have yet to hear him declare that those two were not Americans.

Listen to the media yap away. First thing they said was that Farouck was an American. They went out of their way to say that.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,575,447 times
Trump and his supporters are simply history repeating itself
19th Century: Know Nothings
20th Century: 1920s Red Scare and 1950s McCarthyism

That covers the anti-foreign (in whole or part) demagoguery. Let's look at the demagogues aimed primarily against the domestic "others".

Segregationists and other Racial Purists (anti-mongrelists) - saw "Anglo-Celtic-Germanic stock" as a superior "race" and all other peoples of varying degrees of inferiority. To be fair, though, even the vast majority of "rednecks" these days don't buy into racial inferiority, so I can't see this as the best parallel. Nevertheless, the tone and style of the demogoguery IS the same - speaking as someone born and raised in the rural Deep South - and being only six months old during King's assassination.

After watching the gradually increasing vitriol over the past 20 or so years, one gets the impression that certain people measure a claim's truth-value by how scarily sensational it is (similar to 9/11 truthers, anti-vaxxers, and other conspiracy theorists). You'd think that being better educated makes you more immune to claims of such sensationalism (the demogogue's base 100 years ago tended to be a lot less educated than today's). Then again, the author of The Turner Diaries* had a PhD in Physics and taught at Oregon State. It seems we humans will still be just as susceptible to such hate-disguised-as-fear rants even in the 22nd century.

*A white supremacist novel, tells about a race war against blacks and Jews.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,906,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Wow, the forces of the state?
All this ballywho for proposing the idea that people, who are Muslim AND who ARE NOT CITIZENS of the U.S. who want to visit here would be banned for a period of time.

So what? Why is that such a bad thing until we can find a way to assure we're not importing terrorists?
It isn't even a ban, it is a postponement.

It is a proposal, to light a fire and get the government to straighten out the mess of immigration they have known was a mess for decades.

According to Hillary and Obama and the detractors, let kids play with matches, let the house burn down, then figure out how to operate the fire department.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:08 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,575,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How can Obama declare that the San B terrorists are not muslims or that any ISIS/ISIL terrorists are not muslims?
The same way mainstream Christians (even most Evangelicals) can declare that Atlanta Olympic Park bomber Eric Rudolph and The Westboro Baptist Church are not Christians.

Quote:
Is he not the person that decides who is a muslim and who is not? By what authority?
I'm not Muslim, but I would think that the Quran and God is the final authority on who is a true Muslim; just as the Bible and God is the final authority on who is a true Christian.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:08 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,271,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In addition to reading global news, I have friends who have lived in those places for anywhere from twelve to thirty years.

Far more reliable than sitting on my behind, unaware of global challenges and the changing face of European countries, and having no problem putting our own country and people at risk.
So you have no experience of your own actually! Well that is a shame. I however do. As opposed to you I was able to formulate my own opinion based on real life experience actually living in Europe myself instead getting my information second or third hand from what somebody somewhere told me.........

Old 12-08-2015, 07:09 PM

35,452 posts, read 20,820,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
These Muslims hate gays, they hate women's rights. They hate every policy liberals stand for. Yet liberals defend these Muslims?
Muslims or Jihadist--?
get it right already

Old 12-08-2015, 07:11 PM

35,452 posts, read 20,820,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

1. Indonesia
Did you know that Indonesia is the Southeast Asian country with the highest Muslim population? The percentage of Indonesian Muslims reaches up to 12.7% and had an increase in 2010, to up to 88.1%, equivalent to 205 million Muslims on a worldwide scale.
2. Pakistan
As of 2010, the number of Muslims increased to 178 million, making it 96.4% of the total population.
3. India
With over a million Muslims, this is the third country in the world to have the highest population of Muslims. In 2010, the percentage of Muslims only amounted to 10.9% before its increase to 14.6% which is about 177 million after more of its citizens converted to Islam.
4. Bangladesh
Previously, the country had a total of 9.2% of Muslims, however this percentage rapidly increased to 90.4%, which is an estimated 149 million Muslims in 2010.
5. Egypt
The transcontinental country spanning the northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia has up to 80 million Muslims, which makes it 4.9% out of the world Muslim population. 94.7% of its Muslim citizens make up the majority of the total population in the country.

most of MUSLIMS are from INDONESIA the sweetest people you ever want to meet-- get educated-

Last edited by tinytrump; 12-08-2015 at 07:20 PM..

Old 12-08-2015, 07:15 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,555,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
NO 88% of MUSLIMS are from INDONESIA the sweetest people you ever want to meet-- get educated-
Ah Indonesia, they do the oppressive Sharia Law best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwzF4uW0uTU

Old 12-08-2015, 07:15 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,271,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The constitution doesn't apply to these Muslims. They hate our freedoms, that is why they kill us. They don't like our freedoms - look how these Muslims treat women. These Muslims hate everything Obama and Clinton fight for, yet liberals defend them?
Repeating it like Mantra does not make it any more accurate.
I ask you again. Have you ever even dealt with Muslims yourself? Talked to them? Had them as neighbors or friends or anything? Or do you just repeat the Buzz words thrown around to support your agenda?
If you did actually had experience with Muslim people were they really that horrific that you claim all Muslims treat their women bad, all Muslims hate freedom and all Muslims want to kill everybody not following their faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies