Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Looks like math is a challenge for you, same with other facts.

Immediately after WW2, Germany began to push toward reunification.

I moved in that direction until 1990 when it became once again a united Germany. Now I know you can't admit that your whole premise was wrong but all of that happened AFTER WW2 and like it or not, 1990 came after WW2. You can argue that all day long, won't make you right.

1990 came after WW2. Its a shame you can't acknowledge that. Makes everything else you say on the matter irrelevant.

Are you being purposely obtuse?
You assertion that Germany became powerful after WW2 because "it recognized the value of a united Germany" is simply wrong. It became powerful because of the Marshall Plan, free-market capitalism and the introduction of the new currency. Those were the basis for the so called Wirtschaftswunder in West Germany.
And part of this was actually diversity (another point where you were wrong), since Germany had to reach out to countries to get immigrants in, to supplement their depleted workforce.

Again your nonsense about unification or the goal of it has nothing with that surge.
Is that so hard for you to grasp?
In fact when Germany re-united it was something of a setback in many ways, since East-Germany was simply not up to the standard as West-Germany for quite some time once and after the re-unification.
Your entire initial argument is wrong, I'm sorry but history tells you that. That you now try pretend you don't understand what I have been trying to explain to you and cling so desperately to the fact that 1990 was after WW2 (Duh) to protect your flawed statement is quite sad.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 PM

19,028 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
The Trump apologists like jetgraphics will deserve every horrific outcome when the forces of the state eventually come after him. I'll get a little chuckle when the government blasts him to smithereens or hauls him off to jail where he'll rot for the rest of life.
Perhaps you need to re-read "Trump is DEAD WRONG".
If that is an apology for Trump, please take up remedial English before posting again.

As to the "FORCES OF THE STATE" - in America we have FREE SPEECH.

IF there is a THOUGHT POLICE that prosecutes expressing FACTS about a murderous mad dog political system masquerading as a religion of Peace, that teaches doing evil to "unbelievers" is a ticket to Paradise, it's probably MUSLIM.

Then perhaps you can CHUCKLE. Just before they lop off your head for failure to conform to Shari'ah.

Do not believe me - go read the Qur'an, Hadith, and Sunna of Mohammed.

Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments.
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English
= = =
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:30 PM

19,028 posts, read 14,205,095 times
If you think it is a VIOLATION of AMERICAN LAW to ban ISLAM, deport all MUSLIMS, and close all MOSQUES, consider this:
"The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

18 U.S.C. § 2385
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
ISLAM IS THE ENEMY OF ALL OTHER NATIONS INCLUDING AMERICA
FAILURE TO OPPOSE THEM IS A VIOLATION OF AMERICAN LAW
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English

From Jihad in Islam by Sayyeed Abdul A'la Maududi, one of the most prolific and most widely read and influential Islamic writers of the 20th Century:
“The goal of Islam is to rule the entire world and submit all of mankind to the faith of Islam. Any nation or power that gets in the way of that goal, Islam will fight and destroy.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:31 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
A united Germany after WW2?
What are talking about? Germany did not re-unite until 1990!
It was West Germany that rose towards being powerhouse, thanks to the allied force, mostly the US. A big part however played, you guessed it, the immigrants. Immigrants from Turkey and Italy above all.
I'm not saying that immigration should be regarded as the solution or should not be kept in check but your example is an utter failure.
Quote:
Now quickly go google when WW2 ended and when the economic rise of West Germany began and what part turkish and Italian immigrants had in it!
Quote:
Are you being purposely obtuse?
You assertion that Germany became powerful after WW2 because "it recognized the value of a united Germany" is simply wrong. It became powerful because of the Marshall Plan, free-market capitalism and the introduction of the new currency. Those were the basis for the so called Wirtschaftswunder in West Germany.
And part of this was actually diversity (another point where you were wrong), since Germany had to reach out to countries to get immigrants in, to supplement their depleted workforce.

Again your nonsense about unification or the goal of it has nothing with that surge.
Is that so hard for you to grasp?
In fact when Germany re-united it was something of a setback in many ways, since East-Germany was simply not up to the standard as West-Germany for quite some time once and after the re-unification.
Your entire initial argument is wrong, I'm sorry but history tells you that. That you now try pretend you don't understand what I have been trying to explain to you and cling so desperately to the fact that 1990 was after WW2 (Duh) to protect your flawed statement is quite sad.
There we have it. You said something really unfounded and flawed, then tried numerous times to ignore what you yourself said and tried to change direction.

The only thing you tried to explain was your failure to acknowledge you can't figure dates. You guys come around every so often, saying things and then when called on them, try to change the subject into something else.

Yeah "Duh" (your word) but you can't tell by your refusal to deal with that head on.

As for being obtuse, a typical comment when one has made serious errors in knowledge and tried to pass it off as fact as you have so often in this thread.

Your posts speak for themselves, too bad they speak so poorly.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Maybe I had a different history book than you, but I don't recall the jews blowing themselves up and murdering thousands of Germans before the Nazis scapegoated them. Or declaring war on all non-jews throughout the world.

The muslims are literally murdering us ("us" being non-muslims), and that's why we need to be careful with those ascribing to the "religion of peace". But, like I said, maybe my history book was different and anybody trying to protect their country is just a nazi, right?
Where did I say the Jews blew anything up in pre-Nazi Germany? Guess what, I DIDN'T. I merely said that I see the Muslims in America could be similar to the Jews in Germany some aspects.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
No. If a termination date passes so does the ban. If a ban had a termination date and Congress fails to act before that date, the ban simply stops.

How it works.

If you are talking about a ban with no end date, that would never pass. Take the Patriot Act, it had to be continued by an act of Congress or it ceased to exist.
And if I am not mistaken, it was more of an executive order (something I think Trump was leaning more towards rather than a law) it can continue as we've seen with on-going non-war military actions over the years.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 PM

The Anti-Trump people tried in vain to characterize what Trump said as being a permanent ban on any immigration by muslims to the USA.

They failed and now don't know what do to. So they reach for laws that don't exist to claim he should be arrested or banned from being President. Shows you just how desperate they are.

They are desperate because they've pinned their hopes on the person who in part caused a lot of the problems we see with terrorists. Hillary and her boss.

They have nowhere to go but desperation.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And if I am not mistaken, it was more of an executive order (something I think Trump was leaning more towards rather than a law) it can continue as we've seen with on-going non-war military actions over the years.
An executive order can be changed by the next President or challenged in court.

The on-going military actions are the result of one President following on and doing what the previous one did, maybe just a little differently. That doesn't change the facts.

Executive action can't be used in violation of the Constitution unless the opposition sits back and does nothing to challenge it.

The chances of Trump not having opposition were he to become President? Zero.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:51 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Donald Trump reminds me of the Martin Sheen character in "The Dead Zone", to a T.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:04 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
The Anti-Trump people tried in vain to characterize what Trump said as being a permanent ban on any immigration by muslims to the USA.

They failed and now don't know what do to. So they reach for laws that don't exist to claim he should be arrested or banned from being President. Shows you just how desperate they are.

They are desperate because they've pinned their hopes on the person who in part caused a lot of the problems we see with terrorists. Hillary and her boss.

They have nowhere to go but desperation.
Even the media is to blame. Last night the nightly news covered Trump's comments, and opened with something along the lines of "Donald Trump said he wants to "ban Muslims"" and I immediately said to myself, whoa that's outrageous, you can't do that, that's unconstitutional. Then they get into the actual report and mention he wants to screen/temporarily stop immigration of those from Muslims countries into the US, which is a totally different story and my reaction to that was way different. Point is, the sensationalism is fun and everyone gets freaked out just by reading the headline or hearing that one quote, and they get stuck on it, while what he actually said was taken out of context.

Don't think I'm defending Trump, anyone, before I get jumped on like I probably will from at least one person. I think he says crazy things and I don't really like him but it's true that people are having a field day with him lately. It's way less fun, though, when you actually put what he said into context, and sounds way less radical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies