Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No prayer in school. Remove the Ten Commandments from public grounds, even though it is a beautiful message and a formula to live a good life. Attack the Christian family, remove the christian male as the head of the family.

They have created a huge vacuum of spirituality in this nation and opened the door to evil.

The nation needs to repent, go back to church. Stop abortion, gay marriage.

We have to get back to our core values and stop listening to liberals full of hate for everything that is right and good

This will continue to get worse.

So your upset because people are tired of YOUR religion which has been PUSHED onto those of us with different or no faith. So you want the rest of us to stand aside & let you push, walk all over us because we are tired of being told what to believe by those of your faith? Umm how about NO?
It's amazing how some Christians like to accuse others of starting a war against them but it's them that start a war that only exist in their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 08:46 AM

13,406 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The only people in America forcing any behavior are the people demanding that unchristian values be considered acceptable behavior and that all Christians accept this behavior rather than the teachings in the Bible. In other words, leftist ideas are more important than behaviors taught in the Bible. Sorry, we have to part company on that.
So, do you "accept" whatever behavior it is you're talking about or don't you?

No one's stopping you from believing what's in the bible for Pete's sake.

My ideas are important to me, so what?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:47 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Live and let live. If people don't want to be fundamentalist Christian and follow all the rules and regulations, its their right to do so just as its your right to adhere to it. What you want to do is force everyone by law to be fundamentalist, which isn't much different from what Islam has done in the Middle East. What ever happened to liberty and justice FOR ALL, not just Southern and Independent Fundamental Baptists?
What has happened in America is that everyone is allowed to do their thing except Christians. Christianity is being censored. When a Christian cannot say "Merry Christmas" without being fired from their job that is censorship. Our ancestors put the freedom of religion in our constitution so everyone could be free to practice their religion but it has been wrongly changed to freedom from religion by the PC crowd thus everybody except Christians are free to practice their religion.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
What has happened in America is that everyone is allowed to do their thing except Christians. Christianity is being censored. When a Christian cannot say "Merry Christmas" without being fired from their job that is censorship.

Please the only time you hear about anyone being fired for saying Merry Christmas is on Fox news. I'm a Pagan & I say Merry Christmas to people WHEN it's Christmas. I also say happy Yule to my Pagan friends & happy holidays to everyone else. So please stop making crap up.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:00 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No prayer in school. Remove the Ten Commandments from public grounds, even though it is a beautiful message and a formula to live a good life. Attack the Christian family, remove the christian male as the head of the family.

You do know that there are places on this earth where none of these things exist and they don't have a bunch of wacko nonsense and rampant immorality going on, right?

I enjoy hypocrites who think that morality begins and ends with having Christianity shoved down your throat. I feel being hit with some history books and reality would do y'all some good.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So, do you "accept" whatever behavior it is you're talking about or don't you?

No one's stopping you from believing what's in the bible for Pete's sake.

My ideas are important to me, so what?
So why are you allowed to say what you believe but if I tell you what I believe I am guilty of infringing on your religious freedom. Shouldn't my ideas verbalized be as important as yours? You live in a very small ignorant protected world. Maybe a little enlightenment would be good for your soul.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:02 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
What has happened in America is that everyone is allowed to do their thing except Christians. Christianity is being censored. When a Christian cannot say "Merry Christmas" without being fired from their job that is censorship. Our ancestors put the freedom of religion in our constitution so everyone could be free to practice their religion but it has been wrongly changed to freedom from religion by the PC crowd thus everybody except Christians are free to practice their religion.
There is no freedom of religion unless one also has the right to freedom from religion.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

p.s. Who removed you as head of your family? Was there a coup in the middle of the night while you slept? Did you wake up and find your wife had put herself in control?

Lol. No, no, no.
He, like many of the new generation of misogynist, want women to immediately defer to him like they did in the "good old days" so that he doesn't actually have to EARN respect.

It's called deference. These people want deference based on their genitals.

They enjoy books like the Bible because it gives them all the power and advantage. The second it does not, they will either ignore it or throw it away or find some new way to interpret it. Old news.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Please the only time you hear about anyone being fired for saying Merry Christmas is on Fox news. I'm a Pagan & I say Merry Christmas to people WHEN it's Christmas. I also say happy Yule to my Pagan friends & happy holidays to everyone else. So please stop making crap up.
Another forum lie. I didn't make anything up. Employees of many stores have been told not to say "Merry Christmas" because people find it offensive. Now we are not only told what not to say but we are called liars when we say it is happening. That's abusive.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Leftists, criticizing Christians, defending Islam.
Strange how the right-wing mind works, all or nothing with you people isn't it, simplistic thinking at it finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies