Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:10 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You consider them more dangerous then ISIS ?
I consider them a much bigger threat to my way of life than ISIS.

ISIS might want to chop off my head or toss me off a building, but they have no capability to actually do so. They might want to blow me up or gun me down but as long as I'm in the US, they have little capability to do that either.

Extremist right wing Christians have the numbers and the motivation in this country to enact horrible laws and deny rights to people, though. Our best defense against them is a Supreme Court that hasn't been completely radicalized, but it only takes one or two vacancies and the wrong person in the Oval Office to change that.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you sure you didn't mean Islam ?

How do the Christian Left feel about this ?
I feel like the OP is on to something.

All anyone needs to do is listen to some of the so-called Christians that Sen. Cruz has aligned himself with.

Christian Pastor Calls for Execution of Gays at Event Attended by Ted Cruz - Slog - The Stranger

Ted Cruz PAC got $15m from billionaire brothers Farris and Dan Wilks | Daily Mail Online

This is NOT the Christianity that I've heard preached all my life, though I suppose that it isn't far from that which found Biblical justifications for slavery and segregation.

While I don't know about an uprising, there is certainly historical precedent of directed violent behavior by those who claim to follow Christ's Word.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well... Im a pretty far right Christian.

I don't know half these names.
Alex Jones certainly is no voice of the Christian right.

and putting Ted Cruz and Mike Hukabee on this list in association with the things in your OP means you have actually told a lie today.

I assume by your hatred of Christians, lying isn't exactly something that gives you pause.

but yea, you lied. These men don't believe any of the things you have posted. certainly they are not equal to the totality of your vitriol as posted in your OP.

you need to apologize
Shameful all of the people calling the OP a liar when a simple Google search would inform many of the truth of the matter.

Could it be that ignorance is preferred in this case?
I'm thinking it's a pretty likely explanation.

"The conference was organized by Kevin P. Swanson, a minister in Colorado and host of the Generations Radio Show.
Swanson has also said that the government should put gay people to death, warned that the Girl Scouts and the movie “Frozen” turn girls into lesbians and blamed natural disasters on gay people and women who wear pants. Swanson has also said that churches accepting gay couples will lead to the persecution, imprisonment and murder of Christians, and wished for the good ole days when country singer Kacey Musgraves would have been hanged for her pro-gay lyrics."

GOP Candidates Suck Up to Hatemongers - The Daily Beast

Old 12-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

ISIS might want to chop off my head or toss me off a building, but they have no capability to actually do so. They might want to blow me up or gun me down but as long as I'm in the US, they have little capability to do that either.

Extremist right wing Christians have the numbers and the motivation in this country to enact horrible laws and deny rights to people, though. Our best defense against them is a Supreme Court that hasn't been completely radicalized, but it only takes one or two vacancies and the wrong person in the Oval Office to change that.
This, exactly.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
lmao..Lefties say they are afraid of this but support Islam who DOES kill homosexuals and abuse women. The Left is nothing but a long running joke.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:36 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Lefties say they are afraid of this but support Islam who DOES kill homosexuals and abuse women. The Left is nothing but a long running joke.
What do you mean by "supporting Islam"? Allowing them the freedom to practice their faith? I don't know why conservatives can't understand that freedom to practice your religion is completely different from a religious organization wanting to impose its beliefs into law. I can't think of ANY liberals who would advocate Islamic law be implemented in America. And believe me, the government imposed by the radical Christian Right if they ever got complete power would be a lot more similar to ISIS than most are currently willing to admit. Don't believe me? Just listen to some of the things said by Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.

Conservative logic says that liberals oppose and want to destroy Christianity because they oppose a theocratic state. Meanwhile, liberals love and support Islam because they believe that Muslims should have the right to practice their own faith. Can you not see these are two completely different things?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:43 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We are talking about America so I meant the radical Christian Right. The Christianity represented and practiced by the likes of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.

Please provide video evidence of ANY of those you have listed stating that gay people should be put to death. Until then, I read your post as nothing more than a hateful screed of bigotry and prejudice against a section of Americans you don't like.

To answer your question. No, in my understanding, Christians done "uprise" they "awaken" meaning they awake to the reality that they have no control over this plane of existence and therefore must turn back to the true bearer of blessings and curses.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What do you mean by "supporting Islam"? Allowing them the freedom to practice their faith? I don't know why conservatives can't understand that freedom to practice your religion is completely different from a religious organization wanting to impose its beliefs into law. I can't think of ANY liberals who would advocate Islamic law be implemented in America. And believe me, the government imposed by the radical Christian Right if they ever got complete power would be a lot more similar to ISIS than most are currently willing to admit. Don't believe me? Just listen to some of the things said by Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Theodore Shoebat, Steven Anderson, Kevin Swanson, Rick Wiles, Scott Lively, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, John Hagee, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Franklin Graham.

Conservative logic says that liberals oppose and want to destroy Christianity because they oppose a theocratic state. Meanwhile, liberals love and support Islam because they believe that Muslims should have the right to practice their own faith. Can you not see these are two completely different things?
And sharia doesn't fit into that meme ?

None of those guys are running the government though so what's your beef ?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

But the sympathizers are already here. You ever heard of this place called San Bernardino?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I feel like the OP is on to something.

All anyone needs to do is listen to some of the so-called Christians that Sen. Cruz has aligned himself with.

Christian Pastor Calls for Execution of Gays at Event Attended by Ted Cruz - Slog - The Stranger

Ted Cruz PAC got $15m from billionaire brothers Farris and Dan Wilks | Daily Mail Online

This is NOT the Christianity that I've heard preached all my life, though I suppose that it isn't far from that which found Biblical justifications for slavery and segregation.

While I don't know about an uprising, there is certainly historical precedent of directed violent behavior by those who claim to follow Christ's Word.

This is hyperbole and fabrication by Christophobes. The pastor was referencing what THE BIBLE says with regard to homosexuals. There was NO statement made that gays in America should be killed. At least, that is not what I heard in the video.

Secondly, even the HEADLINE states that CRUZ ATTENDED the event. As a presidential candidate, CRUZ will attend many functions where he hopes to speak to people who may want to find out about him and consider voting for him. Appearing at an event, does NOT imply that Cruz is aligned with anyone who speaks there, that Cruz approved what was stated there (other than his own speech) nor that CRUZ endorses or approves of any statements made by anyone other than himself.

Additionally, candidates are not in control of PACS and therefore have no control over who contributes. Just ask Hillary.

The lack of intellectual honesty on the left is beyond disgusting these days. Talk about reaching for the sludgy bottom of the sewer to support prejudices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies