Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:44 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times

Advertisements

Too bad that pig head wasn't flammable and didn't ignite.....

Old 12-10-2015, 07:51 PM

720 posts, read 500,385 times
This is ridiculous.

To start with, I'm not condoning anybody throwing a pig's head at a mosque. It's ignorant, disrespectful, and silly, quite frankly. But the mayor weighing in, comparing Trump to Hitler, calling him an a-hole, is also silly. First of all, to condemn Trump's rhetoric by using inflammatory rhetoric of your own is pretty ironic if you ask me. And second, in the past two months we've seen a terror attack in Paris where over a hundred people were shot and killed by radical Muslims and an attack in San Bernardino where over two dozen people were shot and killed by radical Muslims...and the brunt of your ire is for Trump because he said we need to keep Muslims out until we can figure out what's going on?

I'm not saying Trump's plan is good, but I think it's just as plausible that anti-Muslim sentiment is being stoked by the fact that we're inundated with news of atrocities committed by the worst of their ilk.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Hate crime is wrong but expected after people get killed in large numbers. It will die down if the news media ever lets go of their steak. They are the ones causing the divide, and they LOVE IT>

Old 12-11-2015, 09:10 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
an a-hole..

Pig's head left at Philadelphia mosque - CNNPolitics.com

...things are getting interesting to say the least..

...the next attack on US soil will only push people more into Trump's camp.

When one person throws a pig head from a pickup truck, it represents everything white people stand for, and therefore any figure in politics they can find related to them. When it comes to anyone else, its always the actions of a few that in no way represents 50% of them.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:53 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Doing something like that isn't cool. It's not who we are, there isn't any reason to terrorize or insult someone who hasn't directly harmed you. Not all Muslims are out to harm Americans, the terrorist do that sort of thing, shall we stoop to that level to harm or insult innocent people?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Somehow I really don't give a crap.

Reap what you sow.

Muslims stand by and say nothing while the world is blowing up around them because of people who practice that religion and they (quiet pious so called peaceful muslims) do nothing against it by showing solidarity with those who are negatively affected. I am surprised all they did was cut off a pig's head.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Muslims stand by and say nothing while the world is blowing up around them because of people who practice that religion and they (quiet pious so called peaceful muslims) do nothing against it by showing solidarity with those who are negatively affected. I am surprised all they did was cut off a pig's head.
Why is that?

Can't speak out for fear of retribution from their "own"?

Old 12-12-2015, 04:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The pigs head is news and should be addressed for what it is, ISIS loves these types of events it reinforces there philosophy. The events you mentioned have been covered extensively in the news, whatever that has to do with this.
ISIS wouldn't hate us any less than it does now even if we publicly tortured and executed every Muslim in this country.

I'm getting tired of the "Oh, we can't do that because then ISIS will hate us more and gain more recruits" argument. It's lame. No wonder liberals keep repeating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Doing something like that isn't cool. It's not who we are, there isn't any reason to terrorize or insult someone who hasn't directly harmed you. Not all Muslims are out to harm Americans, the terrorist do that sort of thing, shall we stoop to that level to harm or insult innocent people?
Significant percentages of Muslims -- even in this country -- support violence against non-Muslims and Sharia law. Just check out the polling by Pew Research. Trump cited some of those polls in his recent speech calling for a moratorium on admitting Muslims. And, of course, the lying liberal media ignored that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If they really existed there would probably be no place for Mary Joseph other then Israel in the middle east since the populations of non Muslims are being run out of most all Muslim countries.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't have to have something classified as a hate crime to notice the up tick in anti-Muslim sentiment
There SHOULD be an uptick in anti-Muslim sentiment.

Muslims have been killing Americans in the name of Islam, in case you haven't noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Somehow I really don't give a crap. Reap what you sow. Muslims stand by and say nothing while the world is blowing up around them because of people who practice that religion and they (quiet pious so called peaceful muslims) do nothing against it by showing solidarity with those who are negatively affected....
Well said.

Americans have been amazingly tolerant towards Muslims. And American Muslims have been amazingly silent about the terrorist acts committed by their fellow Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Why is that? Can't speak out for fear of retribution from their "own"?
That's part of it. But certainly not all.

If the great majority of American Muslims spoke out against terrorism, Muslim supremacy and Sharia Law -- and reported likely terrorists to the authorities -- the supposedly small minority of terrorists would quickly be defeated.

So either it isn't a "small minority of terrorists" or the so-called peaceful Muslims support the terrorists.

Either way, it means we shouldn't allow any more Muslims into this country.

Furthermore, I understand that the great majority of mosques in America are financed by Saudi Wahabbists -- the most radical and terrorist-supporting Sunni Muslim sect in Islam.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
The city is broke, there are large swaths of neighborhoods that are uninhabitable, there are shootings almost nightly and this is nutters concern?

Old 12-12-2015, 06:59 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
ISIS wouldn't hate us any less than it does now even if we publicly tortured and executed every Muslim in this country.

I'm getting tired of the "Oh, we can't do that because then ISIS will hate us more and gain more recruits" argument. It's lame. No wonder liberals keep repeating it.
It's about helping ISIS recruit, we are helping them when we take actions like this, I don't understand why this is such difficult concept to grasp. We are turning moderate Muslims away from us with out actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There SHOULD be an uptick in anti-Muslim sentiment.
It goes beyond just sentiment, there was a mosque fire bombed in Riverside,CA.

This should go a long way to convince the millions of Muslims of our peaceful intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies