Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Predictably, the left is more outraged and upset about this than the slaughter of 14 innocent people in San Bernadino.
It would seem so.
This, and whatever comes out of Donald Trump's mouth.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:04 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
All the nut job Christians will get the holy war with all the nut job Muslims soon enough since that is clearly what they want. All of the (truly, not fake regressive) progressive, educated secularists will hide out while it goes on, and wait for all the lunatics to finally have once last go at each other until all the monotheistic bullsh** ideology is wiped clean and people finally realize they have been fu***** idiots this whole time while their loved ones are dying over some invisible sky daddy. Maybe then we can actually move on as a species.
It did such a great job in Europe that Europe will be majority muslim in a few decades.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:05 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Worldwide, both Islam and Christianity are projected to grow over the next century. Science will never eradicate religion, as much as hardline secularists want it to.
Science will eradicate fundamentalist religion. PLEASE do tell, what will technology be like in a century? It is beyond comprehension. Our understanding of science, the cosmos, evolution, history, etc. will slowly and gradually force people to abandon fundamentalist faith and accept reason if they want to live in an interconnected world. Some areas will take longer than others, of course, but do I need to explain that nuance to you since you probably want to have a more bombastic black and white narrative like most religious or conservative people? Eh, it probably isn't worth my time. Nice prediction though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How is science winning in Saudi, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan? Have you lived in any of these countries, I have, they suck because the sky daddy they believe doesn't give a rats's butt about your science.
See above. Science is winning whether you like it or not. Saudi Arabia (which the Bush [and Obama] family loved) and its ilk will have to come a MUCH longer way, but it will happen. They are the townies of the world, clinging to their ancient ridiculous beliefs. They will be (and are becoming) a prime example to the world of what a place will look like if Religion is used as the main doctrine of governing society. Same with poor Christian areas of Africa. Nobody said this will happen in the time it takes Bill O'Reilly to interrupt his guest with "the tides go in, tides go out" rhetoric.

Quote:
Predictably, the left is more outraged and upset about this than the slaughter of 14 innocent people in San Bernadino.
You sound dim when you talk like that. Show some examples?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It would seem so.
This, and whatever comes out of Donald Trump's mouth.
You really believe that?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:10 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
They (liberals) were very excited about the slaughter of the 14 when they rushed to judgment to blame nut job Christians but got a huge buzz kill when it turned out to be Muslims. The pig's head has them all energized....probably a Muslim or Obama surrogate tossed it trying to change the conversation.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:22 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They (liberals) were very excited about the slaughter of the 14 when they rushed to judgment to blame nut job Christians but got a huge buzz kill when it turned out to be Muslims. The pig's head has them all energized....probably a Muslim or Obama surrogate tossed it trying to change the conversation.
With each and every coming Islamic terrorist attack, they will probably bring up the pig head.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:23 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
You really believe that?
I should clarify that I cannot know what goes on in their heads.
But their words certainly appear to indicate that they hold more hostility toward and hatred of white Christian conservative Americans. Day after day, example after example.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:28 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Please point to the events where American Muslims were burning the American flag and calling death to America, pssst, the voices in your head do not count as actual events.
I don't have a horse in this race, in fact, I am still trying to decide which side of the fence I am on. So I watch the opposing sides closely and do my own fact checking.

The poster never said American Muslims were burning the flag, but a quick Google does bring up several instances (and pages)......most notably, on the anniversary of 9/11. I also learned flag burning is a favorite method to protest anything Muslims disagree with. Last time I checked, you don't see Americans burning Russia's flag, or France's, or anyone they disagree with.

Burning the flag or Bible or Quran, it's hate speech, just as a pig's head being thrown on a property is hate speech. But I can tell you which actions I have heard being done more by one group.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:30 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I should clarify that I cannot know what goes on in their heads.
But their words certainly appear to indicate that they hold more hostility toward and hatred of white Christian conservative Americans. Day after day, example after example.
From my perspective it is the complete reverse.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
an a-hole..

Pig's head left at Philadelphia mosque - CNNPolitics.com

...things are getting interesting to say the least..

...the next attack on US soil will only push people more into Trump's camp.
yeah, and that is why I don't believe, and I could be wrong, but don't believe after Trump has made this statement, they (the terrorists) will attack so quickly again...they don't want to do that, b/c this is their "IN" to America.
However, there are a lot of them here already so? (I'm just thinking out loud)

but think about it...if Trump would be President, and he'd be able to stop/block foreigners from coming here for a while, yanno, that would hurt the terrorists....b/c they are coming here, due to colleges offering them free schooling, room and board, for them to come here...so now your also educating terrorists...however, if Trump does block them, this would hurt them a great deal....

but mayor nutter is a dem....so of course, since elections are coming up, he will certainly attack Trump, b/c they're afraid American Muslims will become angry and vote for the dems instead. Well, it may all back fire, b/c most Muslims have come to this country for freedom....to escape being raped, beheaded and for the women to live a safer, more free life....therefore, the American Muslims, might really side with Trump if they mean no harm to America.

Its a double edge sword, really, depending on how the public feels about this, and most people would want to know their families are safe....Muslim or not.

I'm sorry but feel the Muslims would feel the same way the legal Mexicans feel....they would want it...why, B/c when you open up the flood gates your going to get flooded with all kinds of debris....but when you monitor it, and allow it to seep thru slowly, your now in control and all chaois ceases.

I don't care for the Mayor the least bit, I think he spends way to much money on Philly, and not education....It's nice to see the changes in Philly, and the clean up, but our children's education is so much more important. But that is just me....

I believe all the politicians are jumping on board, not because, "That isn't who we are". But b/c they fear Trump....he stands to lose a whole lot of money for a whole lot of people if he follows thru with his beliefs.
What is worse is, that all these politicians, don't even have a clue, b/c they are not listening to the American Public. Trump is leading, and there is a very good reason why....and the more these career politicians fight him, the more they are hurting themselves.

If, and I certainly hope not, but if there would be a terrorist attack in Philly, believe me, Nutter would sing a whole different tune, from pressure from his voters.

these politicans don't care, as long as it doesn't happen in their house....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-09-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies