Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:17 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I was wondering that too....is it 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10,000,000, 100,000,000. Liberals, is there a number of kills that is unacceptable even to you?
Terrorists don't have to kill tens of thousands. They only need to kill a few, just enough to get the rest of us to panic. That's how terrorism works.

In this panic we rush to send ground troops to the Mideast, which is exactly what Isis wants us to do. Here at home, we elect demagogues like Donald Trump. We eliminate the very freedoms and principles that made this country great in the first place. And that's how, by killing a relatively few Americans, Isis wins.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I love it...it's a losing strategy. The Jewish (though they are doing their best to toss them aside, the Jews are refusing to leave no matter how hard the Dems try to toss them away) and black vote, they own, the Hispanic vote they have a decided advantage, they are losing a once large majority of Asian voters and are trying to throw away any white voters that are not Communist traitors. If the Islamists pull off a substantial attack (which they want to do), the Dems won't have any power in the US after next election.
LOL! Yeah, okay. Let's see the numbers here. Clinton got 44 percent in 1996, Gore got 55 percent in 2000, Kerry got 53 percent in 2004, Obama got 62 percent in 2008, and got 73 percent in 2012. Cleary the Asian vote is running away from the Dems in droves .

Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I asked "Where does Christianity tell its followers to kill sinners?".

You refer to the old Hebrew law, the old covenant.

Try again.

This is what the Bible says about the new covenant: Heb 8 12 "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."
Fun fact, God didn't write the New Testament. But it does seem you are aware that Christians use to be much more extreme when they use to follow the Old Testament. Within the New Testament, Jesus refers to the scriptures throughout the New Testament that is from the Old Testament.

Are you telling me Christians didn't once follow the Old Testament, and only decided to water down their new Bible to take out all the bad things from their original Bible?

Old 12-14-2015, 11:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Both parties pander, but the right has the biggest problems to worry about. The overall share of white voters drops at around 3 percent each election. Which means that the right has to capture more of them each election to just do as well as the did the last time around. In midterms that is going to be a boon for them over the next 15 years or so. Since older and whiter voters tend to be more reliable turning out then. However, they are going to find it increasingly harder and harder to win the Presidency.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I believe we Democrats will successfully pander to about 60% of the voters in the next presidential election and this pandering will also apply to the candidates for the House and the Senate.

After all pandering means satisfying the desires of the population. I believe more people believe that the Hillary will meet their needs more reliably than the Trump/Cruz/Rubio triumvirate.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:30 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I believe we Democrats will successfully pander to about 60% of the voters in the next presidential election and this pandering will also apply to the candidates for the House and the Senate.

After all pandering means satisfying the desires of the population. I believe more people believe that the Hillary will meet their needs more reliably than the Trump/Cruz/Rubio triumvirate.

If one is pandering to a special interest group that doesn't necessarily reflect the desires of the majority of the population. Let's use Hispanics as an example. They only make up a small number of the electorate but the majority of the population does not agree with their amnesty views.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The issue for Republicans isn't that 1% of the population won't vote for them, it's that the 35% of non Whites now view the GOP as the party of White Racists. Look how much the Hispanic and Asian votes have shifted away in the past 3 presidential elections. Given that the GOP will at very best get 65% of the White vote they can not afford to lose non Whites by 80/20. The problem is the GOP base mostly lives in rural areas that are 99% White so they don't grasp how the nation as a whole is changing demographically. They really think Trump can win because everyone they know supports him. Let's be clear: before the Muslim comments Trump was trashing Hispanics. Don't expect the comments in support of Japanese interment to be overlooked by Asians either.

The GOP ticket that would scare the crap out of Democrats would be Rubio w/ Jindal. That is the ticket the GOP leaders would want. Rubio is the perfect GOP candidate: still very conservative but not anti immigrant. But I doubt their primary voters will choose him. I really think it will be Cruz, who is actually worse than Trump IMO. A Cruz presidency would mean more unwinnable wars in Muslim lands which will lead to even more terrorism.

When did Trump trash Hispanics? Is this the usual spin by the left and ethnocentrics claiming he was speaking about all Hispanics when clearly he was speaking only of those here illegally? I don't know of any candidates including Trump that are anti-"immigrant" either.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The reality is Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are a lot more strict than how most people practice the religion. Christianity forbids women from speaking in church and says people who leave the faith must be shunned. Judaism is where Islam gets the "kill the infidel" stuff. People were stoned to death for picking up sticks on the sabboth.

All 3 religions are similar but there are different core themes.

Jews are told to be separate

Christians are told to convert everyone

Muslims are told to take action and subdue unbelievers

Christianity forbids women from speaking in church? Where the heck are you getting this? That's simply not true. There is a difference between trying to convert non-believers in a peaceful way and doing it in a violent way. Surely, you know this. Islam which is comprised of Muslims is the only religion that teaches their followers to use violence against non-believers.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:04 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
LOL! Yeah, okay. Let's see the numbers here. Clinton got 44 percent in 1996, Gore got 55 percent in 2000, Kerry got 53 percent in 2004, Obama got 62 percent in 2008, and got 73 percent in 2012. Cleary the Asian vote is running away from the Dems in droves .
Follow it through...in 2014, a majority of Asians voted Republican....Dems had a 24% drop. Leading to the largest number of elected Republicans in 85 years and Republicans firmly in control of Congress, Senate, most state Governors and most state Legislatures...LOL

Old 12-14-2015, 01:09 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Liberals will win because they pander to those expecting gov't handouts. Also because most of the large electoral vote states are full of minorities. Didn't say I like it, but it's the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies