Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 02:52 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I thought liberals were for the majority, the 99%. Liberals continuously deride Republicans for pandering to the 1%, yet with this latest Donald Trump blitzkrieg, liberals are doing exactly that. Are you guys aware that Muslims constitute only 0.9% of the population in this country? Do you all really think you'll tip the scales by pandering to the 0.9%, many of whom probably agree with Trump?

I stand up for upstanding Muslims in our communities, cities, hospitals, in our military, and on our police force (NYPD).

Last edited by BucFan; 12-14-2015 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 08:05 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The right stands up for their own agenda- bigotry in order to get votes.

Real bigotry wouldn't get votes.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do Republicans think they are going to win by vilifying a portion of the country through fear mongering? Oh no, this small group of Americans are gonna take over this country and force us to live by Sharia Law.
Let's see... white cops are executing blacks; Conservatives are at war with women, gays, and blacks; guns are to blame, not people; global warming created ISIS; we're all going to die because of AGW; voter IDs and eVerify are racist ideas; and on and on.

Seems to me Republicans may have taken a page from the DNC playbook, being as how they vilify EVERYONE who isn't goose stepping to their drum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Real bigotry wouldn't get votes.
Except that it does, when it's a faux bigotry invented by the other side. Look at how many posters believe their own absurd statements in here. It's mind blowing really.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Let's see... white cops are executing blacks; Conservatives are at war with women, gays, and blacks; guns are to blame, not people; global warming created ISIS; we're all going to die because of AGW; voter IDs and eVerify are racist ideas; and on and on.

Seems to me Republicans may have taken a page from the DNC playbook, being as how they vilify EVERYONE who isn't goose stepping to their drum.

Except that it does, when it's a faux bigotry invented by the other side. Look at how many posters believe their own absurd statements in here. It's mind blowing really.
What do you call it when a cop shoots someone in the back? Oh and conservatives dig their own hole with their actions towards women, blacks, and gays. Also let me know when conservatives wish to talk about proper gun safety, how many people need to die before that's an issue? Global warming has been creating some desperation, but I believe the US invading Iraq is what created ISIS. We all are going to die eventually. Voter IDs and eVerify are racist when they are targeted towards minorities.

But don't worry, you will continue to justify the actions of the GOP because you approve of what they do.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:30 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sorry there's a difference between polls which you reference and election results (below) ...and votes are more important in case you didn't know...and a majority of Asians voted Republican in 2014...leading to Republicans to crush the Democrats.

Asian vote breaks for Republicans in midterms - Washington Times
Nevertheless, long term trends still indicate that Asian Americans still identify largely with the Democratic party. Being made to feel like perpetual foreigners with bellicose rhetoric doesn't help the GOP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...te-republican/

Old 12-14-2015, 10:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
The Dems just don't pander to Muslims.. They pander to every minority group including illegals. They know they own the big cities, because of population density. Big cities like Fed money and big cities have a lot of people on subsidies. They know that math is in their favor.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
By "Europe" you probably mean Spain. No, the Crusades were not about driving muslims out of Spain.
From the late 600s up to the 1600s (over a thousand years), Muslims were invading Europe and the Jewish and Christian Middle East.

They also invaded North Africa and India.

So no, I didn't mean just Spain.

They invaded Italy, France and the Balkans as well.

Their attacks went on for hundreds of years before there was any crusade against them.

Quote:
"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)"
2 Chronicles 15:13 All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
That's from the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ doesn't appear until the New Testament.

It is Jesus Christ that Christians follow, not the Jewish Old Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Let's be clear: before the Muslim comments Trump was trashing Hispanics. Don't expect the comments in support of Japanese interment to be overlooked by Asians either.
Wrong.

He was trashing illegal aliens who murder and rape innocent Americans while our government looks the other way.

The liberals' hero -- Democratic President Franklin Delano Roosevelt -- is the one who interned the Japanese.

And they should have been interned.

We have already found out that plenty of Latino U.S. citizens support their illegal alien brethren over our immigration laws.

Immigrants of color are not loyal to this country anymore.

They are only loyal to their race or ethnicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
...Christianity forbids women from speaking in church
Say, what?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
and says people who leave the faith must be shunned.
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Are you telling me Christians didn't once follow the Old Testament, and only decided to water down their new Bible to take out all the bad things from their original Bible?
Christians aren't Jews.

The Old Testament is the Jewish Bible.

Quote:
The bigotry isn't from the right, but from the left: racial preferences and discrimination that favor non-whites over whites; gender preferences and discrimination that favor females over males.

The Left is so steeped in its racist and sexist identity politics that even the the word "bigotry" doesn't do full justice to its hateful and discriminatory agenda.

Quote:
What do you call it when a cop shoots someone in the back?
What does that have to do with conservatives?

Quote:
Oh and conservatives dig their own hole with their actions towards women, blacks, and gays.
What actions?

Quote:
Also let me know when conservatives wish to talk about proper gun safety, how many people need to die before that's an issue?
Criminals and terrorists don't obey gun laws.

Disarming law-abiding gun owners and taking away their ability to defend themselves and others amounts to aiding and abetting criminals and terrorists -- which the left always does.

Quote:
Global warming has been creating some desperation
What desperation?

Where?

Why am I not seeing any ads for beach front property on the Arctic Ocean?

Quote:
I believe the US invading Iraq is what created ISIS.
It was Obama leaving Iraq without a residual force that created ISIS.

Quote:
Voter IDs and eVerify are racist when they are targeted towards minorities.
They don't target minorities if everyone has to use them.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
From the late 600s up to the 1600s (over a thousand years), Muslims were invading Europe and the Jewish and Christian Middle East.

They also invaded North Africa and India.

So no, I didn't mean just Spain.

They invaded Italy, France and the Balkans as well.

Their attacks went on for hundreds of years before there was any crusade against them.
Let me just repeat that the Crusades were not about driving muslims out of Spain, or France (muslims never conquered France).

Old 12-15-2015, 07:03 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
I don't particularly care for the right either. However, I do figure that overall, they are the lesser of two evils.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Ah, so now they read both, so you are walking back your previous statement and admitting there is calls for putting non believers to death in the Old Testament, but modern day Christians just don't follow that book.

Basically if the Muslims were to write a New Koran that omitted the putting to death non-believers, you would be cool with them like you are the Christians?
No, I am not walking back from anything, the problem is that you are not comprehending what is being said. Christians by default follow teachings of Christ, and the New Testament, which specifically says the old law is obsolete. Christians read OT (if they want), but they do not follow the mosaic law. It is not just modern day Christians, but all Christians from the beginning, including the Jewish Christians (yes, there were such things, and still are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies