Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:42 PM

9,871 posts, read 7,625,621 times

Advertisements

Please Affordable Care Act is the worse thing to happen to healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 02:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It would be a mistake to ignore Trump. He is the front runner on the Republican side, and has a message that seems to be working. Im not a fan.

Oddly enough Trump is one of the few who might consider single payer. Dunno. The guy really is a wild card. He does not feel bound to what Republicans generally believe.
I do not Ignore trump in any way, I believe he would be bad for the Nation for several reasons, he is totally inexperienced in politics or how to work with Congress, he would get little to no support from Congress (Repub or Dems), he makes promises that he could not possibly carry through, he does not seem to grasp the fact that the president is not a Dictator or CEO and his powers would be nothing near what he seems to believe, his ideas on how to deal with world affairs seem naïve and down right dangerous, and he is probably the biggest Narcissist on the planet that while he claims he understands the People probably has no idea what it is like to not be surrounded by luxury and security and finally he comes off as the south end of a north bound mule. Does he say some things that seem like a good idea on the surface, sure, but then when one really thinks about and researches his ideas and statements one discovers they are not doable or even outright lies. No he is not Presidential Material in my book.
I agree Trump does not actually belong in either Party, he is only running as a GOP candidate because he figures he can throw enough stuff against the wall that it will stick and might be enough for him to get their nomination. Now he talks of running as an independent, even after stating that he never would, and as such if he does not win, highly doubtful it would draw off enough conservative voters to ensure Hillary wins without the GOP even being able to put up a good fight, that is something I am against. Will be very interesting to see if Conservatives are willing to doom their own Party's chances of a win next November or if they are ready to destroy their own Party. We are witnessing History in the making, I hope it turns out well for the Nation, but my cynical side says we are toast and the up coming elections may just be that sign that the grand experiment is coming to an end.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:49 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,514,994 times
Political Parties mean nothing.

The elite have bought both parties.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Political Parties mean nothing.

The elite have bought both parties.
Darn it we agree again, Stop That

Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM

26,931 posts, read 15,147,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I agree with the premise of the OP. If the Repubs and I assume some Dems also, want to dump Obama Care then they must have some system in place that takes over in some way or form so that those either on Obama Care, forced onto it or voluntarily, have a way to get affordable healthcare coverage for themselves and their families. I believe that it is a mandatory move before anyone can kill the current program, otherwise they would be doing more harm than good and I would remind everyone an action that hurts Millions can come back to haunt you in the next elections.
Do something about Healthcare for the American People, something affordable and that works and add real tax reform and whichever Party does it will hold power for the next 20 years.

I agree as well but I also must add that the Dems should not have jumped into this so fast in the manner in which they did as it also did much harm.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,627,700 times
I suggest we replace the ACA with no health insurance at all. People should just pay their medical bills out of pocket or savings. If a person cannot pay they do not receive service. You have to pay upfront for most of the rest of the services so why not healthcare?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM

26,931 posts, read 15,147,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Please Affordable Care Act is the worse thing to happen to healthcare.

Affordable?

My part of the insurance through my employer has increased just under 114% with my employer still paying the same percentage of it with the same coverage.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:17 PM

9,871 posts, read 7,625,621 times
I am not huge in goverment regulation. However, I feel under ACA healthcare became regulated by corporations. I have seen insurance premiums rise, the insurance itself offered by the Goverment is not very affordable the premiums are high, and many insurances control what is covered and not many pay high out of pocket cost/or not at all.

They need to find a way to control a few thing's: One medicaid less of a gap and high copays. Those on Medicaid should have affordable health care and ability to not be concerned if they can receive care due to cost. Second they need to control cost of medication and expand medical research. Third they need to make hospital visits affordable. Insurances need to cover at least 60% of the bill the 40% left owed will be adjusted by patient's income. They need to eliminate Medicare establish a tax that will be applied to healthcare to ensure those who are on disability or homeless can receive care.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:19 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,284,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest we replace the ACA with no health insurance at all. People should just pay their medical bills out of pocket or savings. If a person cannot pay they do not receive service. You have to pay upfront for most of the rest of the services so why not healthcare?
Because its worked poorly that way. Lots of unnecessary dying.

I would have died at age 12 from a infected hand. My family was dirt poor back then.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:22 PM

17,350 posts, read 9,180,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Fun fact, in the last 20 years the uninsured has never been under 10%, it hovered around 15%. Today? about 9%....and falling.

But I agree, lets get rid of it and replace it with a single payer system like every developed country in the world does.....except us.
Obamacare raised the threshold for the Poverty Level - that did 2 things that TeamObama and the Leftists blame the GOP (which never cast a single vote for ObamaCare). It put more people at the Poverty Level and it put more people on Medicaid. It also raised premiums, raised the deductibles and hurt the Middle Class that has to pay for the Medicaid.

The last figures I saw were that the number of uninsured has not changed - but I don't pay too much attention to it anymore. Republicans should forget all about Obamacare and let it continue to implode until there is a President in the White House that is ready to repeal and replace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies