Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:35 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Communists were Atheists and killed religious...so own it.
I don't own it -nothing to do with me, or my lack of belief in gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 03:37 PM

20,717 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Ironically, as a Christian I have an unfavorable view of you as an athiest. However, I wish you no harm. And I assume you wish me no harm. Therein lies the difference.

Do you want to kill me for leaving Christianity?

Therein lies another difference. I reckon you'll probably pray for me.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:42 PM

20,717 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
EXACTLY!

Here is the thing; Christians are not a threat, so we make a soft target to vent hate on. I don't see artists pissing on a likeness of Mohamed and displaying it as art in New York museums.

Why don't we see much of this iconoclasm against the Muslim faith?

Ask Westergaard, Posten, Van Even, and Hebdo.

Why not? It's because they are afraid and scared (with good reason), so they try to cozy up to these madmen in hopes of a friendly and favorable relationship. Extreme Islamist's, and up to 20% of Muslims, don't do "friendly and favor" at all.
Some how I ended up with another philosophy. I hit people, who hit people, that don't hit people.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:33 PM

410 posts, read 398,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
I am as conservative as they come. This crap needs to stop. I have neighbors who are Muslims. I have neighbors who are Jews. And I am Roman Catholic. In the summer, we barbeque together. I watch out for their kids and they do the same for mine.
This is not about Muslims. It is about Radical Muslims, a term our president refuses to uses.
Had you met Syed Farook before he fulfilled his Jihadi desires, would you have thought of him as a radical?
By all accounts he was a pious Muslim American.
He had done Hajj pilgrimages, went to mosque regularly, had the required beard and even hated his boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
I would stand arm in arm with Muslims to defend their place of Worship and their right to relgious freedom. That is what our country is suppose to be about.
[/quote]

Your intentions are good but you are far far too naive.
Will you support Muslims demand of Sharia (as they did in Irving City, TX) which assigns death for blasphemy, encourages Jihad, stoning as punishment for adultery and homosexuality?

Muslims have a freedom of religion but their religion cannot undermine my constitutionally given rights.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:43 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
ISIS is trying to cause a rift amongst western muslims and the countries they live in. Just saying. Don't do a terrorists' bidding.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:44 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Soo.....that makes it OK to dislike them all?

YEAH..yeah it DOES. You find that odd not to care for those who try to FORCE their will on you?? WTF this is why these 'people' succeed in what they do.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree and touched on this earlier up thread, I don't understand how the far left doesn't see this, this sort of thing is what the far left rallies against.

I was watching a youtube clip and it was of a gay man who was Syrian and he escaped out of there and he witnessed ISIS member dangling gay people off of 4 or 5 stories roof, dangled them by the feet and then dropped them. I mean that is just horrific. There are stories and stories like this and the troubling part is is that several polls through out many Muslim countries results show that a large percentage of Muslims don't have a problem with killing gay people.

I mean that is just one story, we haven't even covered the oppression of women and polls show that even "moderate" Muslims don't have issues with things like not letting them drive and not allowing them an education, etc etc.

Religion of peace????

Whatever.

EXACTLY. I'm gonna roll eyes with you on that.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:56 PM

639 posts, read 579,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
I'm well traveled in Middle-Eastern and other Muslim countries. I love the food, but have a unfavorable impression of the people. I view them as primitive, stupid, and deceptive. When they come to the USA, not only do they refuse to assimilate but they have no gratitude towards their hosts - many if not most would see Sharia law in this country. And turn this country into the same, backwards state, they left.

The only thing I can say is I don't want America interfering in their countries. That's wrong, and counterproductive. But I don't want them emigrating here either, they are worthless to this country.

Call it racist if you want, I'm very fair.
Love it! why can't I dislike someone for there actions, primitive beliefs and who they truly are. Don't call me racist, there not a race, It's the way they live and treat others.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
So guess who doesn't hate muslims as much as Trump? Anonymous. Gotta love it!

Anonymous takes aim at Trump Tower website - CNNPolitics.com

Old 12-11-2015, 05:08 PM

410 posts, read 398,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Although I don't have any close friends that are Muslim, I have worked with and known many Muslims over the years, and have had rather in depth conversations with them about Islam, Christianity, history, politics, etc. They range from highly observant, to Muslim in name only. They are all highly educated, and probably not representative of the majority of people in their countries of birth. I don't have a problem with Muslims like them immigrating to the United States.

However, to extrapolate from a small number of relatively westernized, highly educated Muslims, and simply declare that the vast majority of Muslims are like them is ridiculous. Polls taken in many Muslim countries show wide support for aspects of Sharia law that are repugnant to a free, pluralistic society. I don't think that Muslims that believe those who leave Islam should be executed, that gays and lesbians should be killed, that believe in honor killings of girls and women, and many other beliefs should be allowed in this country. I believe in profiling, not for race or ethnicity, but for belief. Just as I would oppose neo-Nazis, white supremacists or communists to immigrate to this country, I oppose the immigration of Muslims who hold beliefs that are opposed to our system of freedom, liberty, and pluralism.
Bravo! This is the level of nuanced analysis that is required if we are to successfully counter Islamism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies